TTC after 35

TTCA35 Weekly update: 11/13/17

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):

Rants/Raves
:

Questions for the group:

GTKY: What are your Thanksgiving plans?

What are you thankful for this week?

Re: TTCA35 Weekly update: 11/13/17

• Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Benched a month waiting for 5th IVF due to our clinic being maxed out with people wanting IVF.

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD21

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Besides my usual prenatal, vitamin D, COq10, Maca root, DH was home for the weekend starting Thursday night so for the first time in almost 6 months we (gasp) tried naturally! I’ve been back to back IVF since April with BCP in between so this was kind of refreshing!

Rants/Raves
    : Winter temps before winter, grr.

Questions for the group: Does anyone know anything about a midlife fertility surge? I read an article about a woman in the UK who had 4 kids in her 40s after two decades of trying and two failed ivfs. Gave me hope, as after this IVF I’ll be back to trying naturally.

GTKY: What are your Thanksgiving plans? We are going to my parents’ house in Kansas and seeing my brother’s family too, including their 2-1/2yo. I’m excited!

What are you thankful for this week? I’m thankful for you all, for a place where people understand the emotional rollercoaster this is.
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): WTO

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):CD 7

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Prenatal, Ubiquinol 300mg 2x day, Vit D, Zinc 

Rants/Raves
    : Other than that HSG test hurting worse than I thought this morning, however the dr was super nice and I really like him!! I’m excited about finally getting some solid answers!!! 

Questions for the group: how long will these cramps last after this HGS test? 

GTKY: What are your Thanksgiving plans? My brothers, trying to go SOs families as well but he needs to call them and I’m sure he’ll forget and we’ll wind up at my brothers for the day.

What are you thankful for this week? This week I’m grateful for my girl, one of my oldest friends in the whole world. Who has been through the IVF roller coaster and though she never conceived, she is there for me to answer my questions and being super supportive
    :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @ndz2018 my cramps were gone when I woke up the next morning and I didn’t even have to take anything for pain.
  • Hello!  I'm WTO which should be happening sometime this week.  The new thing I'm doing is using the pre seed applicators and inserting it up closer to uterus before BD and let me tell you it's a lot messier afterwards!  We've already BD twice since Friday.

Supplements - PNV Vit D Ubiqinol Amino Acid Fish Oil and a lot of others lol

My rave is I'm feeling a huge relief since I've noticed how negative I've been since the loss about this entire TTC process and there is no reason for me to feel that way and I believe the mind is a powerful thing and I'm just so much happier with everything right now.  I believe it can happen for me again but just don't know when and that's ok cause I still have 3 years left of my 30s so eventually it will happen.  I talked to DH about it over the weekend and he's glad I've finally come around.  I was just crying such happy tears to let all the negativity go.  Guess I've let my walls down and am opening up to the possibility again.  Drs haven't found anything wrong with me or him and in fact my prog is higher now than it was the month after the loss and I have a TON of EWCM.  I could be wrong but I can't help but think that is because of the Ubiquinol I started taking.  My LH surge was longer last month.

Question - I need some more fish oil - what brands do you use?

Thanksgiving this Sat is at my MILs and on actual Tday at my mom and dads

I'm thankful our newest puppy we got in August.  She's 6 months now and she is super cute and feisty.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Momifbysea - I have not heard of a midlife fertility surge but I have heard that the older you get you start dropping eggs faster so maybe that's part of it.  I saw a lady that I think had to be in her 40s pregnant a couple weekends ago at an event DH and I attended.  Of course we don't know the backstory if it was natural or medicated but that always gives me hope

@ndz2018 - not sure about the cramping because I didn't notice any with mine.  I think I'm one of those weirdos that has a higher pain tolerance.  I didn't notice any cramping with my loss either where some people say they did.
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited November 2017
    Oh boy nurse called now I might Have two completely separate uteruses and 1 cervix it’s called uterus didelphys but can’t confirm till tomorrow after the saline sonogram.. UGH ONLY ME 
  • Say what? @ndz2018 how does that work? I'm glad you're going this route since they seem to be finding things out.
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited November 2017
    @vlagrl29 Right?!?! This is  crazy! We won’t know for sure what it is till tomorrow, so I kinda got to try and not google all night. I’m so glad I decided to pull the trigger and made this appointment when i did. I just don’t understand how this is the first time I’m finding this out.
  • @ndz2018 omg was just reading about this in a fertility book I’m into right now! There are so many random things I’m reading about- I’m learning how much I really didn’t know! But IVF should work fine, right?
  • Could you have 2 sets of ovaries and have 2 babies? This is new to my ears?

what book you reading @Momifbysea
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited November 2017
    So apparently, and this will be confirmed tomorrow of what it actually is... is that I have two uteruses one ovary on each side and one tube on each side here’s a image I got From google  the bottom one is what the suspect but with one cervix. It could still be the bicornuate uterus. Either way looks like we’ll be going straight to IVF. Or maybe I do have two cervix .. ugh this is mind blowing 
  • thanks for the visual @ndz2018 - I can picture it now.  Geez that's interesting for sure!
  • @vlagrl29 RIGHT!!? I’m seriously kinda shocked this is the first time I’m finding this out, if it is that. I’m super anal about always going to my gyno for my yearly and have had TW a loss 17 years ago.. how did they not tell me this then? And I’ve also had a D&C so WTF?!?! End TW I’ve had transvaginal US in the past.. I mean When they found the fibriod how did they not see this?? 
    So what I’m reading is that I can for sure have a healthy pregnancy but I’ll have to be monitored very closely and a high risk for preterm labor.  
    I wish tomorrow would get here already so i can have my answer!! 
    If anyone had any feedback or knows anyone with this I’d love to hear it 
  • @Momifbysea Yay for some quality time with DH :)

@ndz2018 Holy moly!  I didn’t even know that was a thing (and the visual helps, thanks :).  I guess you don’t really poke around past the cervix unless you’re doing this stuff...  Hopefully they’ll know exactly what to do to make it happen!  IVF works for a lot of people.

@vlagrl29 I’m glad you’re feeling better.  TTC is hard, no two ways about it (I think I’ve mentioned even though we initially succeeded our second month trying it wasn’t without tears!).  Regarding fish oil, I’ve taken (off and on) Carlson’s The Very Finest Fish Oil (lemon flavor for me) since I discovered high cholesterol almost 15 years ago.

***TW***

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Very tentatively graduating?  Last time I “graduated” I was back in two months :( Hopefully this time I won’t be back till we’re ttc #2!  I got my first +hpt last Thursday at 7dp5dt (12DPO equivalent).  Saturday’s beta was 153 and this morning’s was 324.  I apparently get an early ultrasound (to see what I don’t know - last time with my natural BFP I didn’t even meet my OB till 8w2d) next Tuesday AM.

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): ? (Again, it was all manipulated anyway)

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  Crossing my fingers really hard :p. Still taking PNV, iron, fish oil, vit d, vit c, (dropping vit e); magnesium, NAC, low dose aspirin at night, inositol b/c I’m freaked out about gestational diabetes (I’ve managed to get my sugar during the TWW from mandarins and blueberries, so I’ll be keeping that up).  And of course estrogen and progesterone - so nutty to me that taking pills and shoving suppositories up there are all that’s keeping embaby in.

Rants/Raves
    :  This new RE is still our favorite :p

Questions for the group:  
    None

GTKY: What are your Thanksgiving plans?  
    Ugh, I can’t believe it’s next week already!  I don’t know to where this year has gone.  We want to drive up to spend Thanksgiving with my FIL, but he isn’t in good health so may not be up for it.  Backup plan is probably spending it with my mom’s family (for which we’d only have to travel a couple of hundred miles), but DH doesn’t get the day after off so still very up in the air!

What are you thankful for this week?  
    Very grateful to be very cautiously expecting again.  We really didn’t expect that it’d take us over a year after our *TW* loss to get here again when we chose to go the high tech route.  It’s been excruciating but makes us appreciate it so much more.  And we very much get that it’s one step at a time since even PGS guarantees nothing.  But I am thankful to be pregnant today. (And also for our beautiful but slightly crazy dog whom we rescued 6 mos ago today!)
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @artemis618 congrats lady!! I'm hoping this is your take home baby. I'm so excited for you. Guess switching docs made a big difference.
  • @artemis618 Awesome! Congrats!!!That post just made my day! Sending all my positive vibes to you girl! So happy for you :D
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited November 2017
    @Momifbysea wow back to back IVFs since April? Sounds like this being benched/ taking a break can be a huge blessing in disguise :) 

also sound like IVF will FX work. The doctor didn’t sound too concerned And said “ When we do you get pregnant we’ll just have to watch you a little closer” which made me feel much better whatever the outcome is tomorrow.
  • Thanks so much, @vlagrl29 and @ndz2018!

@vlagrl29  We were banking, so wanted to get a certain number of PGS normals since I probably won’t have the opportunity to do this again as effectively later given my age (for a second kid).  4 of our five normals came from this last cycle in September with the new RE.  We finally felt comfortable gambling with this number, so this was our first transfer.

I hope to see you all on the other side soon!
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @artemis618 well that's great! I hope to see you on the other side too - I'll never come back lol as we'd be done after #2.
  • ***lurking***

@Momifbysea its fairly common for women to have a fertility surge prior to menopause. I didn’t realize it could last a decade, but I’ve had quite a few late 40s/early 50s patients in the ED with “stomach pains” that turned out to be pregnancies. The response is usually “but I am menopausal, I haven’t had a period in a year!”. I did have one patient have a baby at 41, then get pregnant again on the first month trying at 42 (she will be 43 at delivery). There is also a surge in fertility post partum (once you stop breastfeeding every 4 hours), even women who had to use clomid or even IUI/IVF to conceive may get pregnant within 6 mos of delivery because of this and they often don’t think they need to be on birth control, but surprise! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): TWW

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): I'm about 6-8 days past ovulation wasn't really tracking but I normally ovulate around the same time each month. 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): prenatal,Coq10, Vit D, baby aspirin, red raspberry leaf tea,  apple cider vinegar

Rants/Raves
    :Rant my job. I work in as small family business and I love what I do but they have no clue how to run a business and when I have issues BC I'm supposed to be a manager they don't back me or treat me like one or will ignore the problem. For example the other day a client who boards those dog all the time called to say when she picked up at 1145 the dog wasn't fed walked and the dog went home with meds which there should have been none left , which many the dog didn't get them. I told the owner of the practice and instead of blaming the kennel staff she went on to blame the owner and was going to charge her medical boarding. So nothing was ever said to the staff about it.

Questions for the group:

GTKY: What are your Thanksgiving plans? Not sure yet my husband is Always on call so we may go to his mothers on the day and my moms on that weekend.

What are you thankful for this week? I'm thankful for my mother who had to play both mom and dad. She's been thru so much and I'm thankful she's healthy and well to do things with.
  • Ok guys it’s a septate uterus need a minor surgery to remove it and we’ll be good to go! I’m hoping I get It don’t this month as I’m sure I’ll be bench for a month afterwards. I’ll know more when i speak to my nurse later on today. 
  • @ndz2018 glad you got that figured out. I've heard of it and can easily be fixed with surgery.
  • Yes, simple surgery im a little bummed that I’ll probably be benched till next year but maybe I can schedule it like next week and start moving foward in Jan! I’ll talk to my nurse this afternoon 
  • @ndz2018 at least you finally got some answers and hopefully it will be smooth sailing after this surgery!!!!
  • @Labluver2 Yes!! Waiting for the nurse to call to see what happens next
  • Ok nurse just called... we may be doing an egg retrieval prior to surgery.. then the surgery then we can do the transfer when I’m healed. Unfortunately i have to wait for the dr to confirm all this so I’ll probably be staring at the phone for the next week. 
  • I know it seems like it will be a long time but it's really not in the grand scheme of things. @ndz2018 - the 1 thing I've learned thru this is patience.
  • I have had 3 days in a row of plentiful ewcm so hoping dh is up for BD tonight! Guessing I'll O in a couple days. I'm having more than last cycle I think.
  • kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited November 2017
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Going in Friday for a Mock Embryo Transfer, Hysteroscopy and Med teaching.

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD5

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Gearing up for IVF. Adding wheat grass to my supplements for better egg quality.

Rants/Raves
    : I wish I didn't have to work during treatments. :-/ And insurance paid for stuff! lol

Questions for the group: Anyone else starting IVF or in the process now?

GTKY: What are your Thanksgiving plans? Family coming into town. Hoping to get some fun time with my parents and grandma.

What are you thankful for this week? Thankful for a loving supportive husband and family. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• GL @kristimh80 I can't imagine paying oop for Ivf. It really should be covered for everyone.
  • @vlagrl29 No kidding! We tried talking to DH's HR about a way to get it added, but didn't get far. Part of the reason we took a break so would be financially prepared  :#
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited November 2017
    @kristimh80 I really hope it works for you first cycle! Can't remember have you done clomid and iuis? Or jumping straight to Ivf? We don't have financial means to do that and going into debt for it would stress me out. Now if we didn't already have a kid I'd probably be more open to it. But deep down I don't think we will need it. This is coming from a person still dedicated to the natural route :)
  • @kristimh80 That is awesome! Also my insurance covers pretty much everything for 4 IVF cycles with the exception of Pgs and freezing i also have unlimited IUIs
  • @vlagrl29 get that BDing GIRL!!! hopefully this is your month 
  • @artemis618 congrats! What a journey it’s been for you! I hope you stay around here for a little while even after you graduate- you’ve been such a great support!

@ndz2018 so glad you got it figured out and that sounds like they’ll move forward pretty quickly esp if they do a retrieval first!

@kristimh80 yes, starting IVF round 5 next month- I had to hold off a cycle due to clinic overload this month, Glad to answer any IVF questions you may have, since I’m unfortunately a veteran now.

@vlagrl29 I’m reading “The Whole Life Fertility Plan” by Kyra Phillips and Jamie Grifo, MD.
  • @PoeMasque thanks for lurking! Good to know that if this IVF doesn’t work that there may be a later miracle. I wonder if that surge affects all women or if only some women get it. I’m hoping that TW** since I had a healthy pregnancy and delivery naturally at 38 that maybe I will be more likely to be in that group. End TW** Wishful thinking, gotta keep hope alive!
  • @vlagrl29 Yes, we've done IUI's. We did femara a couple of times and didn't really do anything for me. Follistim was the only thing that worked for me to produce eggs for my last IUI...that cycle alone was over 2k, so felt like I was wasting $$ and may as well save for IVF.

@ndz2018 Lucky!! My insurance covers nothing, so everything is OOP. 

@Momifbysea FX for you!! Thanks for reaching out! I'll know Friday what our plan is. My RE is closed a lot of December for the holidays, so I figure there's a good chance I'll be starting in January.

TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited November 2017
    @kristimh80 - oh ok so you don't ovulate on your own?  I get why you are going IVF and understand why you wouldn't want to waste more money.

@ndz2018 - I debated dressing up in lingerie last night.  Sometimes DH may not be in the mood so I was providing eye candy.  I know when I dress up he goes on forever but a risk I was going to take.  Wasn't planning on using preseed since TMI EWCM been dripping out of me for 3 days but I had to use it twice!  I swear I'm getting more fertile CM than I have had in months and I can't help but think it's that coq10 or all the supplementing I've been doing.  I don't even OPK anymore - why when I know it's happening.

I have hope for your @momifbysea - I too have had a kid and know it's possible.  When we were BDing last night I was actually really enjoying it.  It's been the first time in a long time negative thoughts didn't enter my brain and I felt happy.  I subscribe to a natural fertility dr on youtube and he sends out emails every day and the next one is about all the tests you should have - more than just the hormonal ones that OBs do.  I've probably had them all with my new doctor but I'll let you know what he says.