December 2017 Moms
Options

Why My Pregnant Self is Crying - 10/8

2»

Re: Why My Pregnant Self is Crying - 10/8

• Options
    When I dropped DD at daycare today, one of the other kids whacked her on the head with a wooden spoon and she started sobbing. Her teacher took her from me and distracted her so she would calm down, but I still almost burst into tears leaving her.

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cait5413 why are kids jerks? My baby was being bitten so much at daycare and it upset me so bad. Every time she gets an accident report it hurts my heart. I’m also just having a hard time leaving her in general here lately. 
    I’m sorry. I hope your day got better. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I witnessed a cat get hit by a car on the way home from dropping kids off at preschool two days ago.
    I've been a crying mess since then. Every time I tear up DH just says, "cat?" While rubbing my back as I sob.
    You'd think it was my own pet that died.
  • Options
    @dkizz82 I don't think she meant to be malicious--they are only 1. She was banging on the table, and then just started banging on DD's head. Still, it was upsetting. I think DD only reacted as much as she did because she may not be feeling well--she's been playing with one of her ears. We have a follow up on Monday to check on her tubes, so hopefully everything is ok. It is getting harder to leave DD, though. I confirmed my c-section is at 7 am, so we'll probably need to be at the hospital at 5:30 am (which means leaving our house between 5 & 5:15), and I almost cried at the appointment thinking about whether I would want to wake DD up and snuggle her before we leave or just say goodbye the night before. Even typing this, my eyes are welling up!  :'(

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
  • Options
    @breezybee But you have such a lovely kitchen you can make tea in!
  • Options
    dkizz82dkizz82 member
    edited October 2017
    cait5413 said:
    @dkizz82 I don't think she meant to be malicious--they are only 1. She was banging on the table, and then just started banging on DD's head. Still, it was upsetting. I think DD only reacted as much as she did because she may not be feeling well--she's been playing with one of her ears. We have a follow up on Monday to check on her tubes, so hopefully everything is ok. It is getting harder to leave DD, though. I confirmed my c-section is at 7 am, so we'll probably need to be at the hospital at 5:30 am (which means leaving our house between 5 & 5:15), and I almost cried at the appointment thinking about whether I would want to wake DD up and snuggle her before we leave or just say goodbye the night before. Even typing this, my eyes are welling up!  :'(
    Oh yeah!  I was just messing around. Like when my baby got bit, they weren’t being mean, ty were only 1 as well but it still hurts our hurts. 

Hope she feels better and you can hang in there. I am a mess thinking about leaving dd for 4 days too  when I have the c section. It is killing me. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I cry anytime i have to get up to go anywhere cause of my pelvic pain with no help from last doc appointment about it. But today, I woke up in tears cause i had a dream i had to go to the hospital early cause she was having issues and SO missed the birth cause she shot out really fast once i got there. So, i had to drive myself to the hospital and give birth by myself while SO drove the 30 minutes to the hospital :-(. 
  • Options

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
  • Options
    I cried trying to schedule my csection yesterday. The day I want isn’t available and I don’t know what to do now.  My DH is away at the fire academy Monday - Friday until Dec. 8th and my due date is the 11th.  He can’t miss the 5th, 7th or 8th or he will have to wait 4 months to actually graduate. I wanted to do it the 6th, but of course it’s booked.  The doctors did agree to do it any day after Nov. 29th, but then I’m going to be home alone with a newborn and 2 year old for a week!  I can wait until the following week but I’m scared I’ll go into labor before that and DH will miss the birth (or more likely leave the academy and then essentially have wasted the last 4 months). Just writing this is upsetting me again! Ugh I need to decide though before more days get booked
  • Options
    One of my dogs caught a pigeon. And my DH just had to put it out of its misery because no rescues were taking pigeons. I know it’s just a pigeon- but I’m a huge animal lover and it’s breaking my heart. :(
  • Options
    Oh no that would make me cry too @balletnerd

• Options
    ShyToniaShyTonia member
    edited November 2017
    This is us. Home Depot scene. 
  • Options
    @ShyTonia Yup, I definitely teared up a bit watching that scene! 
  • Options
    @ShyTonia yes!!!!!!! It was rough. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ShyTonia said:
    This is us. Home Depot scene. 
    That episode had me sobbing. DH came in and found me bawling and was like "What is WRONG?"

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
  • Options
    Yeah, I only hate watch that show, but this weeks This is Us REALLY got me.  Like, really. Got. Me. 
  • Options
    @breezybee Damn it, I don’t even hate watch it anymore but now I have to watch it! The cryptic-ness (like what’s sad about Home Depot?!) is making me so curious! Hahaha.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    I second the This Is Us home depot scene... but I cried even harder at the hospital scene when Rebecca was in the nursery talking over her granddaughter and having flash backs to talking over Randall as a baby.
    I cried a very loud ugly cry. 
    That was the one that got me

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
  • Options
    @kyrwyn that made me cry 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Awwww @kyrwyn that's so sweet and made me tear up too. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    @Skcobb, I agree with your suggestion of having a Why My Pregnant Self is Raging thread.  This is my 2nd pregnancy and like the first one, I have a super short fuse ... especially when it comes to my MIL.  I have no patience for her.  We are so very different.  She shys away from difficult discussions, revels in the victim role, and ignores issues, but all in very passive controlling ways, while I take things head on, address issues and move on.  Oh, and she lives 7 miles from my house, and pops over often.  We've had our fair share of differences, and I usually ignore her by continuously telling myself that she's not my problem, and that I don't have any interest in helping her address her major life issues if she doesn't want to address them herself, BUT today I just couldn't handle one of her unexpected visits. 

My DH and DS were running errands while I stayed home to rest because I had a terrible nights sleep last night and am fighting a nasty cold.  When they were in town, my MIL called my DH and asked him to pick her up because her house smelled of chemicals and she didn't want to stay there (FYI - she got her carpet cleaned this week AND she has her own car and drives just perfectly on her own).  DH can never say no to his mom, so he picked her up and brought her over to our house.  I happened to call him when he was getting close to home only to find out his mom was in tow for a pop over.  I just told him no, it's Sunday afternoon, I'm fighting a cold, our DS will need to go down for a nap and I'm in no mood for unexpected visitors.  My husband didn't argue, and I don't know what he told his mom, but he came home to drop off our DS, and turned right back around to drop his mom back off at home.  

Typically, I would call her to explain, but I just have been raging!  She's so minuplative of my DH and will make up excuses like that for him to come by, help out, etc.  She's married and my FIL is a fully capable man who does a ton of work around the house.  My MIL just can't let go of her 37 yr old son, my DH.  I feel rude for not even going outside to explain, but I couldn't deal with her today.
  • Options
    @MJDsquared I sob normally at those. Can't  imagine watching them while pregnant & super hormonal 

DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    @MJDsquared those fern me pregnant or not. I was crying Thursday because my students put on a Veterans Day program at our school. We had so many veterans show up and I love to see them honored. I started crying when he little first graders put their hands in the air and and you’re a grand old flag. Hahaha. So cute and hormonal pregnnst lady cried.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Why My Pregnant Self is Raging 
    Oh hormones. I got unspeakably angry at a dad in a birth video for wearing a baseball cap throughout his wife's labor and the birth of their baby. 
      :D