Parenting

Biggest toddler challenges...solved!

bumptarabumptara admin
edited January 2016 in Parenting
Give yourself a (well-deserved) pat on the back for surviving the newborn period with baby! Don’t get too comfortable though - toddlerhood comes with it’s own unique and difficult challenges.

From temper tantrums to saying “no”, an expert shares tips on dealing with the tough stuff.

What was the biggest toddler challenge you’ve had to overcome?

P.S. Let's take our friendship to the next level. Like us on Facebook

Re: Biggest toddler challenges...solved!

• Hitting!!
  • We are now going through one. My son does not like to be sitting in the car. My wife and I go for shopping a lot and there is not anyone to leave our baby with, so we take him with us. The problem is he starts crying as soon as we get in the car. Nothing we do seems to help; he will not stop crying all the way, while we are driving. It creates so many troubles because we travel by the car quite often. We still try to figure out how to solve this challenge.

• Loading the player...
  • Good to know!
  • I don't know what you've tried but a few things that worked for me... I put a mirror up that lights up and sings, has a review with play songs or sleep songs. I got her a bigger more comfortable car seat sooner than she needed one, the infant seat was really uncomfortable for her even though it was a comfortable seat in general. She can sit up more which helped with reflex as well, putting cartoons or games on a phone or tablet to entertain them, acting really excited to get into the car and involved her in this excitement. I was also able to sit by her for a little while in the back while hubby drove until she was more comfortable, talking to them as you're driving so they know it's okay, and having some comfort toys or stuffed Animal to help them feel at ease. The only other thing I can think of is maybe the child feels nauseated while driving and associates it with getting into the car. IDK just a few :)
  • crying
    Beautful world beautyiful people beautiful kids. Love caring and sharing we only live once.
    Love help and share. In love with parenting love eating healty and kids shopping. Stylish Baby Clothes for my baby. 
  • Digital Video Baby Monitor, why should parents consider it?

So you are in the big market of UK for your first video baby monitor or you bought one of the cheaper baby monitors the first go around and it has failed you. By now you have come to realize there are varying numbers of baby monitors to choose from best. Ranging from audio only baby monitors to video baby monitors, each with its own pros and cons.

• My little guy is 18 months and we got him an iPad, an iPad case, and downloaded his favorite shows and educational games on it. On the road, we'll strap it to the headrest so he can be entertained. Since I'm trying to teach him two languages, I'll do one language on the way to and on the way back switch it back to english. So far, it seems to be working. No crying, no whining from being impatient, you might want to give it a try.
  • babywalkerlybabywalkerly Just Joined

We are now going through one. My son does not like to be sitting in the car. My wife and I go for shopping a lot and there is not anyone to leave our baby with, so we take him with us. The problem is he starts crying as soon as we get in the car. Nothing we do seems to help; he will not stop crying all the way, while we are driving. It creates so many troubles because we travel by the car quite often. We still try to figure out how to solve this challenge.

• My daughter who is now 26 months is sort of in the same boat. She loves the car, especially when its nice and we take the top down. She hates her car seat. She will kick and scream when its time to get in it. When we are at home i learned that taking her away from the car and explaining that of she does not sit in it we will stay home and go i side, she stops. She watches her tablet on kids youtube in the car. Problem is now leaving other places to go in it. I think ots normal for them to push the boundaries a bit with us to see how far they can go. I say buy a few things that can capture your toddlers attention to see if that helps. Also is lo facing back or forwards? We got the okay from dr and local police that lo can sit facing  forwards and i tell you that has helped a lot