January 2016 Moms

Daylight Saving Time

Just a friendly PSA that DST is ending next weekend. Start adjusting your kiddo now. 
We start putting Ev to bed 10 minutes later every night. Luckily, she sleeps late too since it’s so dark in the mornings. We’ve transitioned well the last few times. I’m crossing my fingers for one. 

Re: Daylight Saving Time

• Oh god I'm dreading it.. 
  • My issue is that she can't get up any later, so this week is worse than just throwing her in cold turkey.
  • Loading the player...
  • Am I ahead of the game considering my kid still NEVER sleeps? *eye roll* Some things never change with Brynlee...
  • @BarrettJ89 Keaton never sleeps either. His bedtime has been around 2am lately
  • I am dreading this. I already pushed Freya's bedtime back slowly over the past few weeks, and she wakes up at the same time no matter what, 6am. I am not ready to wake up at 5am. :( Is there anything we can do to get rid of daylight saving time??? I hate it.
  • @fishee333 I live in Indiana, and we didn't even do the time change until about 7 or 8 years ago. I totally miss not doing it.
  • I don’t wanna do this  :D 
  • How’d it go for everyone?  We put zack to bed at 8 instead of 7:30. He woke up at 4:45, but we were able to get him back to sleep and he slept until 7:20, which is the latest he’s ever slept! Afternoon nap started an hour later than normal though, so I’m not sure what’s going to happen at bedtime tonight.
  • Ehhh... Gina went to bed her normal time, 8. Woke up at 545 and thankfully fell back asleep on her own. She woke up for the day at 730. Her afternoon nap was longer than usual about 2 hours which hasn't happened in MONTHS but I put her to bed about 815 tonight and she fought me tooth and nail screaming her head off from being off schedule I'm guessing.. 
  • Luke went to bed at 8:30 instead of 8, and slept until his usual 7:45 even with the time adjustment so I'm relieved it went so well!
  • We totally said screw it and decided that since we never sleep anyway, we would put both kiddos into toddler beds. 

They were both up until around 1 am (not outrageously out of the norm for Brynn), my son woke up at 3 then went back to sleep until almost 11. Brynlee woke up around 4 or 5 and slept with daddy on the couch until after 11. 

I give up on sleep. Or schedules. It's just me and my coffee these days...
  • Birdie went to bed at 9 Saturday night--we were late getting home, and then she made us later by puking in her car seat, so I had to stop and get her cleaned up from that. She woke up between 2 and 3, crawled all over me for a while (she was in my room,) and then she fell back asleep. She woke up around 8 yesterday morning. Yesterday was a mess--we were at church from 8:45 until 2, and then got stuck even longer because we were under a tornado threat and couldn't leave. Nap was 3 hours late, and I finally broke down and woke her up at 4:20. Last night, she was tired, but I kept her up until the normal time. She slept like a champ, AND IN HER OWN BED THE WHOLE NIGHT! She cuddled with me around 5:45, until we had to get up at 6:30. If the time change brought me a baby that no longer needs to sleep with me, I will gladly take it.
  • Well we had a couple days of 5am wakeups and then yesterday and today went back to 6am. So back to our usual bedtime (8) and naptime (12:30). Way earlier than I'd like but Freya is a morning person I guess and has never gotten up much later than 6.