TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Week of 11/6

2»

Re: TTCAL Week of 11/6

• Things are definitely a bit different here in Canada for adoption, but still not easy. The only age requirement here is that you are over 19. It can be no cost if you adopt through MCFD (older children, often have issues or FAS but then again, we cannot guarantee our birth children will not come with issues) or privately between $20k - $60k depending on if you go nationally or internationally. You can also start with fostering, which my parents did frequently. And if you choose to adopt from there, it's a bit of an easier process. But yes, it's all a lengthy and heartbreaking process but so is IVF and so is RPL. 
  • Adopting an infant is difficult. With increased access to birth control and the declining teen pregnancy rates there aren’t as many babies being placed up for adoption these days. International adoptions are expensive with lots of geo-political red tape. Fostering can be an affordable way to adopt, but is not a guarantee and can be emotionally taxing. I think I’d be happy with fostering, but it’s DH’s last choice in growing our family. 
    Whatever happens, this will be our last cycle trying naturally. Had my HSG done today (thanks for the well-wishes and advice everyone!) Everything looks normal, which is both a relief and a frustration. Would be nice if there was some sort of answer why I can’t get and stay KU, but glad I don’t need surgery. Next step will be starting Clomid (or similar medication) at the start of next cycle. Here’s hoping that I get some of that HSG magic and get a BFP soon...
  • Loading the player...
  • Just catching up now...

@honeybeebub I absolutely love the feeling after my house has been deep cleaned. I splurged last year and spent money on a service to deep clean my house for me, and I was disappointed because they really didn't do as good as job as I would have and were way too expensive. I really hate cleaning though. 

@leahcimmichael Enjoy the calm feelings!

@ELeighMay Sorry you're not feeling too great. Holidays are tough for a lot of people, but I think it's definitely hard for us ladies who have experienced MC.. brings up lots of emotions

@Mack2342 Sorry about your cat. My 2 cats are getting older and are starting to slow down. I'm dreading when things go more downhill for them, I'm so attached. 

@Kath525 Enjoy San Diego! That sounds wonderful!

@pumpkinpancake That's great about your temps, feeling hopeful is a great feeling!

@cassafrass15 Ooooh I love Sedona. I've only been once but would love to go again. Enjoy!

@zamora_spin Sorry for all your losses. I hope that they will be able to get some results for you. When I had my D&E they tested and were trying to determine if the T21 was due to me or DH genetically passing it on or if it was just a random thing that occurred. Tests came back inconclusive which was really frustrating. 

@tosh24 Interesting, I would have liked to look t@Tonto12

@40momma Oh Portugal seems like a great idea. My husband is Portuguese and going to Portugal is definitely on our list. And I looooove drinking port. I hope the trip helps lift your spirits a bit. *sending virtual hugs*

As for me....

1. Introduce yourself (if new) Not new.
    2. Status? CD3 but trying to figure out if I should or shouldn't try this month. My heart wants to try, but not sure if we can financially afford it if we get pg this month (long story, I explained more about my insurance BS in WTO)
    3. Rants/Raves: Rant: I hate health insurance in the US.  Rave: I am doing an aerial silks class tonight at a studio that I used to go to and I'm super excited. When I signed up, I found out that I have 7 classes already paid for, yaaa! As long as I'm not pregnant, I may as well enjoy doing aerial silks!!
    4. GTKY: What is your favorite beauty product?  I can't leave the house without eyebrow pencil and eyeliner. 

• @leahcimmichael- I hear ya about finding nothing.  They never found anything with me either.  How will your RE monitor you on clomid?  I'm interested because this would be our route very early next year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @vlagrl29 Don’t know much about which medication they’ll prescribe and what the procedure will be for it. The doc who did my HSG was just covering for my RE, who had the week off. She told me to call on CD1 so that my RE and I could discuss a treatment plan. I’ll definitely let you know what the game plan is when I find out. 
  • fishee333 If you don't need to get betas if you become pregnant again, you can always LIE about the date of your last period. That may not help you if you have to lie by 3 months... but several weeks is easily swingable!
    I absolutely lied to my OB-GYN about my LMP date after the first pregnancy. I don't have a 28 day cycle, and the first pregnancy and MC were super stressful because of them 'dating' things based upon the insurance company BS pregnancy wheel and not my actual scientific data. They wouldn't listen to me. And so, after that, I calculate back from my O date what a 28 day cycle SHOULD be and tell them that. They don't need to know... but anyway, that could also work for you if the dates end up semi-close to what they actually are. AND if you don't need betas. If you need betas right away, then obviously the above won't work.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Wow ladies, was off for a conference yesterday and missed a lot of updates! 

@zamora_spin *TW* Yes, I have read something similar when I went through my last loss. I asked my OB about this during the initial round of losses (before the septate uterus was found) and he kind of just shrugged it off. Probably something he had never heard of or didn’t believe in. We have tried 4 times and each time have been successful on the first try (which I feel unbelievably, incredibly, absolutely lucky for). Unfortunately 3 of those were back to back (to back) losses, so I definitely could see it being a possibility. But, I also had the septate uterus which is known to cause a high rate of miscarriage (I have seen up to 75% which is actually spot on for me), which I had surgery for, and now am able to try again – this is my first cycle. This has always been lurking in my head though: what if it wasn’t the septate and it’s actually something like this? I’m not really sure where we will go if I have another loss since I’m not sure how many miscarriages I can sign myself up for. *End TW*

@40momma I’m so sorry to see you back here :( I hope you have a great time in Portugal, that sounds like an amazing getaway.

@mack2342 Any update on your kitty? I’ve never heard that about adoption, but it sounds kind of crazy.

@leahcimmichael I’ve never thought of things that way about adoption. You make a good point. The playing field is different now. Glad that you do not need surgery!

@fishee333 OMG! We must be the same type of OCD cleaners. I did that same exact thing for my birthday last year. I came home and was like ugh, there’s still dust here, dirt there, and I just dropped so much money on it. I was expecting to see shine radiating out the windows for how much I paid. I hate cleaning while I’m doing it, but love a clean house! :)

@dpjennifer You make a good point about the betas. I always O late, which always throws things off, despite me telling them when I actually know that I O’ed it’s not policy to change things. Maybe next time around I will do something similar. It’s only a few days, but I feel like it makes a big difference. 

*Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

BFP: November 2014, DS born via c-section July 2015 

TTC#2 December 2016

BFP: 12/23/16- No heartbeat at 8 weeks, D&C 01/30/17 

BFP: 03/11/17- Chemical 03/15/2017

BFP: 04/17/17- Chemical 04/22/2017 

05-10/2017 - RPL Testing/Septum Resection Surgery

11/2017-03/2018 3 Natural cycles / 2 TIC w/ trigger shot 

BFP: 03/29/18, Rainbow Baby Boy Due late November/ early December 2018  <3

• @40momma In the U.S. it is also a less expensive process to adopt a so-called "waiting child", i.e., a child who is in the foster care system and is already legally cleared to be adopted (sometimes there are sets of two or more siblings as well). You still have to do home studies and a lot of paperwork, but I understand that the costs are minor by comparison because DCFS covers a lot of the costs. Most of those children are older, although I have looked at adoptable kids before and there are also some who are toddlers. It's pretty heartbreaking to look through the profiles of those children, many of the young ones have severe special needs. DH actually has a stronger preference than I do about biological versus adopted - I feel more torn about it, but knowing he feels more strongly about bio children I feel like it is the right decision to persist for now for us. 

@honeybeebub I think for now you have to hope/assume it was the septate and that you are very fertile and have lots of perfect eggs. That is what I am hoping for you. TW I think the issue with so-called "super fertility" is that even young, healthy women have good and bad eggs, so if you are super fertile and any embryo is welcome in your uterus, you're maybe going to catch some of those not great embryos. At my age I probably have a higher ratio of unhealthy eggs, or at least that's what my RE seems to intimate (she says it very delicately so I am reading between the lines). We have tried for six cycles, and I have gotten ku 3 times, so every other cycle, I get ku, which is pretty crazy for a 35 year old. It is always when my left ovary ovulates. (I did also have a maybe on one right ovary cycle where I was three days late and I was getting something on FRERs that I couldn't tell if it was an indent or what, now I do question if it was a very early CP, but I don't "count" it because I am not certain and didn't do a blood draw). end TW.
  • @honeybeebub kitty is ok for now.  She is going blind but not completely there yet.  Something is wrong with her retina so they referred me to an ophthalmologist.  I will call them to see about an appointment just not sure how much I’m willing to do. She is 17 years and her health is declining.  
  • @zamora_spin how do you know it's your left ovary? Can you feel it? I feel like I only ever have small cramps in my left side. I'm now 41 but last year (40) we had unprotected BD 6x and 3 of those times got me ku. It's very odd. I hate admitting it to those that struggle. But considering my history, hopefully those on here will understand it's still not easy.  So I'm quite curious about the super fertility and if anything can be done about it. I've brought it up with my OB by email and he said we will discuss it when we meet next. 

As for the adoption process, it's something we've always kind of considered. We thought it would be nice to have 1 biological and 1 adopted, but now we just might have to consider just adoption. I'm ok with a toddler or up to about age 7 so that opens up a lot for me. Although my heart still breaks for those that are 15, 16. They may never get adopted. 
  • @40momma I don't know it 100% that it is always my left ovary, but I'm as sure as I can be without verifying on u/s. When it's my right ovary's "turn" I get quite a lot of right sided ovulation pain before and after ovulation, to the point where it's uncomfortable to bounce around. I also ovulate CD17 or later those months (anywhere from CD17 - 25) and my body does sometimes start to gear up to O those months and then have to try again (I can tell by what my temperature and CM do, as well as sometimes my OPKs will get darker, then lighter, then eventually turn positive). In other months, I have no ovulation pain whatsoever, and I ovulate between CD12-14. The pattern repeats back and forth, so my ovaries seem to take turns, but that's not the case for everyone, sometimes people will ovulate more often from one ovary or the other. Idk if anything can really be done about being "more" fertile and thus more prone to mc. I have tried a lot of the suggestions I've seen to improve egg quality but, doesn't seem to have helped so far. The new thing I'm trying is extra protein, apparently a study showed women with 25% or more protein intake had better IVF outcomes. 

I agree it's very sad to think of older children who have been in the system a long time and will never be adopted. 
  • honeybeebubhoneybeebub member
    edited November 2017
    @Mack2342  Poor girl :( I can understand that. 17 is a good life in cat years. Just love on her as much as you can until her time comes. 
    @40momma I feel the same. Ashamed to admit my fertility because of those I know who have struggled to get pregnant for so long, but then I think about my struggle in losing so many. Even though it is different, it is still important and valid. Keep us updated on what your OB says. I'd be interested to hear. 
    @zamora_spin Wow you sound the same as me, O CD17 or later and usually get pretty bad cramps from my right side. Are we on to something here? 

edited to add tag
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

TTC#2 December 2016

• zamora_spin My DH does not want to consider adoption either. And I also was saddened by looking through some adoption websites, and reading about the serious mental and physical disabilities many of those children have. 

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @40momma @honeybeebub I hang out a lot on TTGP and so many of my friends there are struggling to get ku and are in so much pain, experiencing month after month of disappointment, and they would give anything to see those two lines on a test. My experience (and yours) is so different from people who have a traditional IF diagnosis, it's such terrible roller coaster to find out you are ku and then to have yet another loss. My second pregnancy I had such a bad feeling the whole time and I wasn't able to be happy about it, I just knew it was going to go away. My third I thought it was going to be fine, and it wasn't. I think the next time I get ku it will be very difficult for me to be optimistic. 
    @honeybeebub Maybe we are on to something. I have brought this up to my RE and she says there is no reason to be concerned about it. I did notice when we counted my antral follicles I had 6 on the left and 5 on the right. Obviously, that's just one month so it's hard to say whether that usually happens, and it's only one follicle different, but I just get the feeling my right ovary doesn't work as well as my left. Then again, my left isn't really doing a bang up job of actually producing a baby either. 

• @dpjennifer Oh I hadn't thought of that. I should be ovulating about 2 weeks before December, so if my plan can start in December it might be plausible to push my conception date to December. Hmmm

@zamora_spin @40momma My 2 pregnancies came from my left ovary too! I felt little twinges on my left side during ovulation those two times, and the doctors confirmed it in the ultrasound. You can just ask them and they'll be able to tell you. 

• fishee333 Good luck! Remember that no one really knows what your cycles are like, AND cycles are normal until they aren't is a big saying in the TTGP boards. So who's to say that you didn't have a really short cycle or messed up your date or something? Insurance uses the pregnancy wheel to 'screw' us sometimes, so hey, make it work for you! But, again, it'd only work if it were a few weeks one way or the other. Can't get away with much more than that!

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• 1. I'm Carmen. 

2. Status? Just started again with my S/O on CD 11.

3. Rants/Raves: I had 4 miscarriages 6 years ago. Had a lot of genetic testing done. Found out I had 2 markers for sjogrens, but that wouldn't be the cause, but still puts me at high risk. Gave up for a long time also went through a divorce. Met someone new and I'm finally ready to try again, however, I'm terrified I'll have another miscarriage. 

4. GTKY:  is your favorite beauty product? I have so many this is very hard. I'm going to say my Kat Von D Tattoo Eye Liner though. I am obsessed with her stuff. Yay for vegan and cruelty free products!
  • Welcome @c_deacon.  Sorry for your losses.  Hopefully your stay is short
  • @c_deacon sorry for your losses and welcome to the group. 
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

TTC#2 December 2016

• @c_deacon So sorry for your losses. Welcome. 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @Mack2342 @honeybeebub @tosh24 Thank you. While my losses really hurt me at the time, my spouse now will make a much better father I think. My ex was extremely rude and callous to my niece. It's probably better I didn't have kids with him. Hopefully my stay isn't too long. I have high hopes!
    Good luck to all of you! Hoping for those rainbow babies for everyone!!
  • @c_deacon so sorry for your loss
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow