December 2017 Moms

C-Section Moms

(I actually stole part of this from another birth month and I thought it may be helpful to us here.) 

Our LO is still very comfy in her breech position <3 so we are just going with the flow and leaving it in God’s hands! We are scheduled Nov 29th for a Csection and I’m totally open to either birthing experience...but I’d love to learn more about Csections if y’all would like to share your stories!

So I figured we could have a "home" for questions, tips, advice and support for all Csection related topics ;)

Number of c-sections?
Reason for c-section(s)?
What was recovery like for you?
Planning to RCS or VBAC?
Tips for dealing with recovery at home?
Advice to someone having their first csection?
Questions/Worries?
Lets bring a positive - favorite part of a csection?

Re: C-Section Moms

• Number of c-sections? This will be my 2nd 

Reason for c-section(s)? High blood pressure that kept rising. I was 38.3 so henjsut went ahead and took her. 

What was recovery like for you? I was up walking right st 12 hours post c section. It was terrible but I believe it helped me. I was also told to rock in a chair and  it would relieve gas. I never had an gas so I’m guessing that’s why. 
    I took pain meds but the pain wasn’t unbearable. The worst was the burning of the incision, like where they tied the stitches off. That lasted for months. But I feel like I was feeling better after about 3 weeks.

Planning to RCS or VBAC? RCS 

Tips for dealing with recovery at home? Don’t over do. Some day she you’ll feel better than others and try to do too much. Then you’ll regret it. As cliche as it sounds, rest is
    the best. I won’t be getting much of that with a toddler and a newborn. Ha.  Take your meds if you need too. Don’t lift anymore than youre supposed too.  

Advice to someone having their first C section? You’re gonna get frustrated st times because it’s hard to move quickly. Dd would be crying and I couldn’t get to her. It was so hard and then I was so emotional I would just cry and cry. Also, you’ll learn to kinda throw your legs out of bed, then push yourself up with your arms because using abdominal muscles hurts. 

Questions/Worries?  I am just worried about not being able to pick up my toddler. It’s just me and her all the time and we are thick as thieves. I don’t want her to feel neglected. 

Lets bring a positive - favorite part of a c section?  When they lifted they preicous precious baby over the curtain and I saw her for the first time. And they put her by my head. Oh goodness! I knew right then and there that it didn’t matter how she got here, she was here and we were both safe and healthy.   

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Also I wanted to add, I had no idea what to expect from the c section. I’m gonna put my story here. Read if you want too. Or ask questions if you wanna 

So so I got to the hospital for observation and they decided to take her.  I went into prep (they will give you meds, antacid, do your paper work, speak with anesthesia, shave you, etc. Then I got wheeled back. Hubs got to come with me until the OR and he had to wait outside. It was time for my spinal. They made me bend over a pillow and I had to gel them if the damn needle was in the center of my spine (scary much). I was bent over enough so they pushed me and boom, it went in. They said, “hurry move to the operating table and lay down”. Just like that I was numb.

He walked  me through  step by step of what he was doing. He knew I was terrified because i wasn’t saying a word. There was pressure but horrible. I got really nauseated. He had to lower my head to the ground and pull and tug her out. She come out screaming. Ha ha they showed her to me and he told me they would start stitching me up. That’s they last thing I recall because I was so enthralled with my baby. 

I got sick afterwards in recovery and I got the shakes but it wasn’t terrible. i had her st 4:38pm Tuesday and went home Friday afternoon 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @dkizz82 thank you so much for sharing <3 one of the things I’m going to ask my dr today is if they could use surgical glue for the incision? I read that heals best out of a couple other choices. Also I’m going to ask what happens if she flips last minute...like do they send me home, induce or go ahead with Csection. I had high blood pressure for the first time last week so we will see what it is today at appt.  thanks again for sharing you experience ((hugs))
  • Number of c-sections? This will be my 2nd

Reason for c-section(s)? I went to my doctor because I felt like DS wasn't moving as much.  While on the heart rate monitor his heart rate dropped so they sent me to the hospital.  At the hospital his heart rate kept dropping and they couldn't figure out why so they did an emergency c-section.  Once he was born the doctors realized he had suffered from a massive fetal maternal hemorrhage.  He was bleeding into me and had lost 3/4 of this blood by the time he was delivered.

What was recovery like for you? My recovery was not too bad.  My DS was transferred to a different hospital and I went with him. I was out of bed 9 hours post csection against doctor's orders because I had not seen my son and was going to the NICU whether they liked it or not! He was in the NICU for 2 weeks so during most of my recovery I was spending my day at the hospital, but not having to care for a baby at night, which I think made the recovery easier. Definitely take the pain meds/stool softener they give you! The worst part for me was I had really bad back pain for a couple of months after.  I have a bad back to begin with and not being able to use my ab muscles was very difficult.

Planning to RCS or VBAC? I have a RCS scheduled for my due date.  If I happen to go into labor early I may try a VBAC, but most likely not.

Tips for dealing with recovery at home? I agree with @dkizz82 definitely don't over do it.  I tended to push myself because I don't like people helping me, but this time I plan to accept more help from others.  With a toddler and newborn I'm going to have to!  Definitely try to limit stairs/lifting as much as possible at the beginning too.

Questions/Worries? Honestly, I'm more worried this time than I was with the first one.  With my DS I had no time to think about what was going to happen and I was so worried that something was wrong with him that I wasn't worried about myself.  This time I'm freaking out about the recovery and how it's going to impact DS.  My son is very close to me and it's going to be very hard not to pick him up.  My DH is also gone unitl Dec. 8th so if she happens to come early I'm afraid he won't make it to the hospital and that I'll be on my own for recovery with 2 kids.

Lets bring a positive - favorite part of a csection?  That I know that I'll have a baby by Dec. 11th at the latest and won't go overdue.
  • I'm happy to respond to this but my situation was abnormal and my answers probably won't be of much use! 

Number of c-sections? 1

Reason for c-section(s)?  emergency c after 40 hours of a failed induction. i won't go into it - i have one of those birth stories that no mother that has an impending birth wants to hear about.

What was recovery like for you? this is where my experience probably isn't much use. at the time of my induction i was 8 days late. i had been in the hospital for three weeks due to a massive DVT (blood clot). i had not been able to walk for a full month due to the clot and my doctors all being complete morons. so for me, nothing was "typical." i was kept in L&D for a full 24 hours after my cesarean because they could assign me a direct nurse who was responsible for my care in that window, the mother baby unit does not have enough staff for this. i didn't have my catheter out for those 24 hours either. i could not walk on my own, so the normal recovery instructions did not apply. i was on anticoagulants, and a lot of my care was based on trying to not dislodge my clot into a full pulmonary embolism. once i got home, i still could not really walk. i had to use a walker and everything. i had a lot of people staying with me to help out with everything. 
    i actually feel a little unsure going into this RCS because, although i've had a csection before, nothing about it was normal. i know what to expect for the surgery prep and surgery itself, and NO IDEA what to expect for recovery both in and out of the hospital, since my physical condition is so different this time. 

Planning to RCS or VBAC?  i'm having a RCS on Nov. 21. it's scheduled at 38w1d due to my history and the advice of my OB, MFM, and hematologist. i have no complications other than a blood clotting disorder and the previous DVT - my blood pressure is fine, etc. 

Tips for dealing with recovery at home?  this is where i'm of no use whatsoever. well, only a little. i recommend a large wedge pillow for sleeping in the first week back - being just a little upright is easier on your abdomen and easier to get up and down. ACCEPT HELP, with everything. take your meds. follow your recovery instructions. don't lift too much. have a pillow handy to press into your incision for when you need to sneeze or cough. don't have a joker around that is going to make you laugh a lot at first. 

Advice to someone having their first csection? honestly, don't be scared. ask as many questions you need to so you feel prepared. be aware of your limitations afterward so you have the help lined up you need. you can't usually drive for two weeks, but you will have a variety of appointments for the pediatrician and the OB during that window. 

Questions/Worries? i actually have a few questions.
    (1) did any of you ladies wear a belly support belt after your csection? did you wear it right away or did your incision have to heal to a degree? was it helpful or not helpful? 
    (2) could someone talk about their recovery instructions AT THE HOSPITAL? were you supposed to get up and moving right away? instructed to walk? how much walking are we talking about? what was the timeline until you were allowed to eat and drink? how long were you in the recovery unit before going to mother/baby? 

worries for me are similar to the other ladies - trying to recover whilst having a toddler that wants to be picked up. otherwise i'm pretty zen about it. 

Lets bring a positive - favorite part of a csection? for the RCS in particular, my type A personality is LOVING having it scheduled on a specific day. even for those of you having a first cesarean, there are pluses. you don't have a lot of the side effects from a traumatic vaginal birth (albeit you have a different set of things to worry about). for a completely lighthearted and vain note - your newborn pics are a teensy bit cuter because your kid wasn't smashed through your cervix and vagina and it shows, haha! (this is particularly true at my hospital because their policy is for the photographer to come by within 24 hours of birth, not later on)

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks for the advice, ladies! @anewadventure We're C-section buddies because mine (1st time) is scheduled for the 21st as well assuming the twins sit tight until then. I'll be around 36.5 weeks. 
  • anewadventure I wore a belly band starting the day after my csection. I pretty much wore it any time I was awake for the first couple weeks and I found it very helpful!  My hospital gave it to me, and I will definitely be asking for one again this time.

I can't really answer your second question because my recovery was not typical either since I was transferred to a different hospital a few hours after having my son.  The first 24 hours after were such a blur because at that point we were still trying to process what had happened and worried about whether my DS would have permanent damage.

• @anewadventure - I wore a belly band for the first week, at least. I personally think it helped a lot, you kind of feel like your insides are coming out, so this makes you feel more normal. Plus it hurts to sneeze, cough or laugh and the belly band adds some support. Also recommend putting a pillow with pressure if you have to sneeze. 

In the hosptial, I was up and walking as soon as they let me - maybe 10ish hours? The more you push yourself, the better. They don't let you eat until you pass gas, typically. You'll be on a clear liquid diet until then. Some people have bad nausea from the spinal, so that plays into it. I was in recovery (with baby) for about 1.
    5 hours then moved to mother baby, with my second. My first I was in recovery for much longer and my daughter was in the NICU. Hope that helps!

Number of c-sections? I've had 2, this will be my third.
    Reason for c-section(s)? First time I made it to a 10, developed a high fever, pushed for 2 hours with no movement at all, and doctor decided baby needed to come out as my health was deteriorating. Second was RCS.

What was recovery like for you? First was very hard, I had an infection and was pretty sick. I was in the hospital for 7 days - all infection related from water breaking for too long, nothing to do with c/s. Second was easy peasy and home within 3 days. I felt nearly normal by 3 weeks. Crazy how different they were.

Planning to RCS or VBAC? RCS - Scheduled for Dec 4 - I'm due Dec 6 

Tips for dealing with recovery at home? Take it easy, drink a LOT of water, stay on top of your pain meds. Tie a sheet to the end of your bed to help pull yourself up. Ask for help.

Advice to someone having their first csection? It is major surgery, but it's not as bad as some make it out to be. Ask any questions you have to your doctor before your surgery. Also if you can, ask to meet with your anesthesiologist to find out what kind of medicine you'll be receiving. I want to know everything they give me because I have bad reactions to certain things, plus it helps to know what is going on. Most people have a super itchy reaction to the morphine, so if you do, ask what the plan will be to treat this - typically they give benadryl.

Questions/Worries? It's always worrisome going into major surgery, but I'm doing my best to stay positive.

Lets bring a positive - favorite part of a csection? Seeing that little baby for the first time. There is nothing sweeter than the first kiss. I also love hearing how big they are! I also love the time in recovery - last time I spent it with my daughter and she nursed the whole time. I felt very connected to her, even though she wasn't born the 'traditional' way.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Advice to the moms who are sad about not being able to hold older children - you can still easily cuddle with them to get all the snuggles in. ODD was 2 when my youngest was born, and tried to explain as best as possible that I needed to be careful for a bit. However, we had our snuggle time on the couch, before bed, and any other time we could squeeze it in. She was actually pretty good about it. We transitioned her to a toddler bed earlier than we would have since I couldn't lift her in - and I had her in pull-ups to make diaper changes easier. It's only a few weeks before you're back to 'normal' :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @disneyfan0511 thanks for that. We didn’t transition dd to a toddler bed. I’m worried about that aspect too. I’ll let her nap in our bed because she can climb in herself. DH will have to do nights 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @anewadventure my hospital slapped that belly binder on me a few hours after my c section. They gave it to me and wore it probably 3 weeks after the c section. My hospital wanted me up and walking as soon as the catheter came out and the numbness wore off. Mine was at 10:30 at night so I’d say it was the next morning sometime. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wish mine would of given me a belly band 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • All of this has been so helpful already, thanks guys! 
    We are def on track for November 29th for our Csection. Dr said today, at this point it’s very unlikely that she will flip.  It’s definitely very exciting to be like ok this is when it’s going to happen! 
    I had a really good question for you ladies earlier but completely forgot what it was lol. 

• @tmk0325 ugh the catheter! I hated that part.  Once the feeling came back I felt like it was so uncomfortable but they refused to take it out until it was 12 hours after the surgery.  This was despite me getting up at about 8 hours after and walking to the bathroom to prove that I could do it!
  • @dkizz82 ask for it! I had to ask with my second - they said they only give them if you ask. They 10000% should have them!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • dkizz82 said:
    I wish mine would of given me a belly band 
    samesies. hence my question to the group. my hospital doesn't give them out so looks like i am going to buy one on my own

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I remembered my question! Any tips on what else to bring for hospital bag now that we are preparing for a C-section?
  • My hosptial bag is all packed, I don't bring too many things that are different from a normal labor - but once they let me get out of the gown, I definitely intend to. So I have some really comfy, loose pants with a nursing tank and robe. My own socks - I just pack my pilates socks bc I HATE hospital socks. Boppy for nursing... I bring two pillows from home that I don't care about, in hot pink pillow cases so I know they are mine. ONe is for sleeping, the other for placing on my stomach for coughs, sneezes, etc. I bring my glasses, bc I never know if they will make me take out my contacts. 

If you hospital doesn't have a binder, that is totally sucky of them, but this is basically the one I have. Maybe you can even ask your OB to write you scrip for it bc it is a medical device and should be covered by insurance. THey aren't the belly shrinker band things, which are 'cosmetic' - this is what mine looks like for the most part. https://www.amazon.com/Paz-Wean-C-section-Postpartum-Shapewear/dp/B072LWZZMM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1510325336&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=c+section+binder&psc=1

Also - Hibiclens is the soap I bought and plan to start using at 37 weeks. Some doctors say plain Dial, but you should stop using lotion based soaps at least a day or two before your surgery. It helps to prevent infection. And don't shave down there (if you still can, I applaud you) because it increases risk of infection. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @anewadventure I was not given a belly band last time, though for a little while I did use an ace bandage to help hold everything in & tight. This time, I may use one, but I know some people get them from the hospital--it was not offered or given to me at mine.

(2) could someone talk about their recovery instructions AT THE HOSPITAL? were you supposed to get up and moving right away? instructed to walk? how much walking are we talking about? what was the timeline until you were allowed to eat and drink? how long were you in the recovery unit before going to mother/baby? 

After the epidural wore off and they took the boots off and catheter out, I was encouraged to walk and get up and about as much as possible. I used to just take strolls down the hall for a few minutes at a time, leaving the baby with DH. My c-section happened at 5:30 pm. I was given water after pretty much right away, but they didn't give me food (jello) until the next morning. I was starving because I hadn't eaten since about 5:30 the night before. After the surgery, they took me to one room (recovery, I guess), brought baby in for 10-15 minutes, took her to have a bath, and as I recall it was only a few minutes after they took her that they moved me to our "permanent" room, so I think it was only about 30 minutes in the recovery room. But it took a lot longer for them to bring DD back to me, but that's a different story.

@ShyTonia I stayed in the hospital gown for a while (easy for nursing/skin-to-skin), but then changed to high-waisted yoga pants and a nursing tank. I personally like the tightness of the yoga pants to hold everything in, but I think some people prefer not to have pressure on the incision right away? So you could pack a looser pair of PJ pants too. Otherwise, I don't think you really need anything different from a vaginal birth. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • @cait5413 I had mine at 4:30pm. I was up walking before 5:00am. I was allowed chicken broth that night and threw it up. I think I could eat the next day. So hard to remember. I was so hungry that chicken broth was delicious!

I was just told to walk a lot. I never walked the halls except the first time. I walked the room and tried to stay out of bed. I rocked in the rocking chair a lot. They said that helped. I was so out of it. Thy took her straight to the nursery and then I awoke in my own room to a nurse squeezing my nipples.  Haha. Dd was in the room with me at that point but I don tknow how long she’d been there. They didn’t take her for her bath until late late hat night. Like almost midnight 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Number of c-sections?
    This is my 4th c-section.

Reason for c-section(s)?
    1st- emergency.. labored for 25 hrs, pushed for 4, no baby, her head was brusied at birth from being stuck in my pelvis.
    2nd- RCS
    3rd- emergency, went into labor naturally the day before RCS, not wanting a repeat of what happened with my first baby i opted for the c-section.

What was recovery like for you?
    Painful. But quick. The first 4 days were the biggest struggle, after that things just continued to improve.

Planning to RCS or VBAC?
    RCS plus a tubal. No more babies for me!

Tips for dealing with recovery at home?
    Try to not push yourself. The more you self-care the first two weeks the better and quicker you will heal and get back to normal. Let someone else take out the garbage or do those dishes. If you feel tired, take a rest. If someone offers to do something for you, say yes. It can be hard relying on others or feeling dependent,  but it's only temporary and you deserve it!

Advice to someone having their first csection?
    Place a maxi pad along your incision site to help provide extra padding between your wound and your pants for the first couple of days. It will help keep it clean and dry and soak up any fluids. Make sure to change it often.

Questions/Worries?
    Nope. :smile:

Lets bring a positive - favorite part of a csection?
    Ummm... that's a tough one. Maybe, that your lady bits don't push out a watermelon? I was always worried things would never be the same down there after childbirth... like throwing a hot dog down a hall way. (lol..name that movie)
  • @cait5413 thanks for the tip! I wasn’t sure if I should buy a nursing gown. I had gotten these really comfy flowly lounge yoga bottoms that I packed. And some nursing tanks and bras. 

@disneyfan0511 so I should def bring my boppy? I was going to but the lady at the breastfeeding class said don’t bother because it won’t fit around your belly that quick?! Lol
  • @eazybreezy225 i just literally LOL about the hotdog comment. Thanks for that. I will def remember the maxi pad trick!
    And all you ladies this is just amazing to hear all of your experiences. So encouraging ❤️
  • Number of c-sections? Just one prior, this will be 2.

Reason for c-section(s)? The first one was twins that were transverse.  

What was recovery like for you? Honestly, it wasn't that bad. I was mentally prepared for it knowing that I was 95% sure we were having a csection, because my twins were in the T position and never flipped.  It was fine by me, I was more scared to push two babies out than of the surgery. 

Planning to RCS or VBAC? I actually have the option, since my first C was not an emergency.  If we go before Dec. 8 I may opt to try the VBac.  If not, we have a RCS scheduled for Dec. 8.  I like the thought of being able to go in Friday morning, stay through the weekend and be released Monday. We shall see if baby cooperates.

Tips for dealing with recovery at home? Wear (or get) your belly binder. Take the stool softeners and the pain meds.  If you end up on antibiotics and most do with a c-section, ask for a prescription for Thrush too, if you plan on breastfeeding/pumping. I didn't realize that was why I was having shooting pains in my breasts.  It sucked. 

Advice to someone having their first csection? See above.  

Questions/Worries? Mine is the same as everyone else and with having two toddlers at home, I'm just worried about how to care for them as well. They will be going to daycare for those first couple weeks for sure.  

Lets bring a positive - favorite part of a csection? My lady bits were still in tack! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ShyTonia I was able to use mine right away and it was a big help when nursing. Football hold was my go to for the first few weeks to avoid incision pain. But everyone is different! Personally, I'm team boppy (or whatever nursing assist pillow you have!) 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • ShyTonia said:
    @cait5413 thanks for the tip! I wasn’t sure if I should buy a nursing gown. I had gotten these really comfy flowly lounge yoga bottoms that I packed. And some nursing tanks and bras. 

@disneyfan0511 so I should def bring my boppy? I was going to but the lady at the breastfeeding class said don’t bother because it won’t fit around your belly that quick?! Lol
    I used my boppy in the hospital

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
  • @cait5413 and @disneyfan0511 ok I’ll be bringing mine for sure. 
  • Hey ladies!!! So yesterday I told DH that the only thing I’m worried about with the C-section is not being able to have her RIGHT away to breastfeed. I don’t know if I’m just being overly sensitive or over thinking it but I’d love to hear how that part went with you guys.
    The hospital we are delivering at is a “baby friendly” hospital and they do skin to skin immediately for and hour after birth(mom dad and baby only) as long as there is no complications. 
    With csection mamas, dad leaves with baby (after being with Mom briefly) then Mom gets sewn up and will join them for skin to skin 30 minutes later. 

• @ShyTonia when I went through my c section I was in recovery for an hour and a half (it's supposed to be 2hours) and it was standard, no complications. They took my son right after I got to meet him for a few as my hubby held him. I asked for my son as soon as I got back to the room. They brought him and he latched on right away. The only time they'll give the baby a bottle before they give the baby to you is if his/her sugar is low. 
  • @casace I was thinking that too, if they would give him a bottle. Thank you so much for bringing that up. Totally forgot I was wondering that. DH will be doing skin to skin in the mean time till I get there. 
  • @ShyTonia as soon as I saw DD after my section, we tried breastfeeding. We had no issues and they didn't give her a bottle. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
  • @ShyTonia with DD1 she was taken to the NICU right away and I didn't see her for almost 4 hours - was horrible. However, as soon as I saw her we did skin to skin. I couldn't nurse and ended up pumping for her. This was not becuase of the c/s though, just the overall situation we were in with her being sick.

DD2, my DH was allowed to stay with me the whole time in the OR, but baby was being checked out. As soon as we were in recovery (30 - 40 min after she was born) we did skin to skin and she latched right on. She was an expert nurser and we never had any issues. Those first moments in recovery are so special and some of my favorite with her. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @ShyTonia my understanding is that if you say your intention is to breastfeed they won't feed them unless the baby's sugar is low and you're not available yet aka in recovery since you will be in recovery for at least an hour or two 
  • Hi ladies. I'm new here and will be having a c sec. I will be having a lot of queations As I can't speak with my doctor due to the language barrier.. Please can someone tell me is it dangerous that I am in able to communicate with them here as I always have so many questions and they get shifted aside.  33 weeks .. Much love xoxo
  • @evreka they should provide an interpreter for you to assist in asking your questions and understanding the answers. 
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • @beary67 the interpreter is not always available and it seems to me that they speak more than what is translated back to me. Questions I have asked is why they want to do a c section and all I got was its better. Who will be delivering my little one they say they don't know it's to soon to tell. I have also explained pain in having and been told it's normal and for me I'm not to sure if it is normal. Thank you for replying to my question I really appreciate it alot.
  • If this is your first pregnancy, the baby may not be in the optimal position for a vaginal delivery. I’m sure there are other reasons, but doctors would by far prefer a vaginal delivery over a csection, so I’m sure they have a good reason. 

As far as who will deliver, they might not have that schedule complete yet. If your csection is not yet scheduled, they have no way of knowing when you will deliver. Once everything is scheduled, they should have a better idea. Although some practices may not know until closer to the date. 
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • @beary67 this is my third pregnancy.

I was thinking maybe they just want to do the c sec due to it Been that time of the year.. But at the end of the day as long as my little one is safe then I'm happy.  
  • @ShyTonia my situation was different but my DD had to taken to NICU right away and I couldn't go with her until I was cleared to get out of bed. It was awful but as soon as I got to her they let me put her to breast.