November 2017 Moms
Options

FTM Check In - 11/7

Sorry for the lapse in posts!  The slightly early arrival of our daughter has had my mind occupied this week.

For those Mama's still awaiting the arrival of their LO:
1) How far along are you?

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?
3) Cravings/symptoms?
4) Rants/raves/concerns?
5) Anything else you want to add/ask?
6) GTKY - Favorite series on Netflix or Amazon Prime (stock up on suggestions for late night feedings!):

For those new Mama's who have already had their baby(ies):
1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you?
3) For nursing moms, how are feedings going?  Baby reacting to any particular foods?
4) For formula-feeding moms, how are feedings going? Have you had to switch formulas at all?
5) How're you doing with the visitors?
6) Rants/raves/concerns?
7) Anything else you want to add/ask?
8) GTKY - Mental Health Edition: How are you holding up with the sleep deprivation and hormonal roller coaster?

Re: FTM Check In - 11/7

• Options
    1) How far along are you? 37w5d

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Had an appointment last Friday and had to see a different OB since mine was called out for a delivery. Went fine and got to hear baby's heartbeat. Also, met with a pediatrician yesterday. We will probably start with her and see how it goes. She was friendly and knowledgeable, but hard to know what they are really like until they interact with your child.

3) Cravings/symptoms? Still have an obnoxious, bad taste in my mouth all day long.

4) Rants/raves/concerns? Ugh, the discomforts of late pregnancy are in full force. Sore back, hard to roll over in bad, feel like a whale....and many more.

5) Anything else you want to add/ask?  Nope

6) GTKY - Favorite series on Netflix or Amazon Prime (stock up on suggestions for late night feedings!):
    We really liked Person of Interest, but was bummed when it was abruptly discontinued. We also like Orange is the New Black.
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? 37+4
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Last Friday was good: baby is very low, very active, and a healthy size. Everything seems to be going well. Next appt is this Friday.
    3) Cravings/symptoms? Pelvic pressure, low back pain, lots of Braxton Hicks.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? I'm just so ready for this baby. I wish I could know when he/she will arrive!
    5) Anything else you want to add/ask? Love the two sets of questions this week! Looking forward to seeing updates from the new mamas.
    6) GTKY - Favorite series on Netflix or Amazon Prime (stock up on suggestions for late night feedings!): Favorite is always 30 Rock, but that just moved from Netflix to Hulu. I haven't started the new season of Stranger Things but am looking forward to watching that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not a FTM but I wanted to play along on this post. Hope that's ok!

1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you?
     15 days

1st PED appt yesterday went well. He is gaining weight and the doctor seemed happy with everything. Because he was a preemie, doc wants to see him again in 2 weeks and the biggest thing was not to let Grant go more than 3-4 hrs between feedings.

3) For nursing moms, how are feedings going?  Baby reacting to any particular foods? 
    Im mostly BFing. We need to give him 2 bottles of BM per day mixed with neosure formula for a little extra boost in calories. I pump when he gets those bottles. I was pumping every feeding in the hospital but I stopped that last week after I got mastitis and was suffering from major painful engiogement. He is waking every 2 hours pretty much tonwat which is tiring but glad he is waking instead of me needing to wake him. He does typically fall asleep during feedings.

4) For formula-feeding moms, how are feedings going? Have you had to switch formulas at all?

5) How're you doing with the visitors? 
    no issues.

6) Rants/raves/concerns?  The hormones seem to be leveling off. The last 2 weeks have been really difficult / emotional. I'm feeling a little less emotional now. I still suffer from night sweats which are so annoying. And I tend to get ahead of myself with doing stuff that aggravates my csection recovery. I was in a lot of pain last night after doing light housework, taking baby to the PED, etc.

7) Anything else you want to add/ask? 
    j

8) GTKY - Mental Health Edition: How are you holding up with the sleep deprivation and hormonal roller coaster?
     hormones - see above. The sleep deprivation is hard too. I used to nap so easy while pregnant but now i have a hard time napping during the day even though I'm sleeping way less. Not sure why that is! 
  • Options
    @angkay711 glad you're little girl is gaining weight! I know it's stressful to worry about whether baby is getting enough. I was holding my breath at the doctors office yesterday waiting to see if he gained or lost weight over the weekend. It's such a huge responsibility and really hard to know how much they are getting at the breast. 
  • Options
    38w3d
    I had an appointment today. Still at cm, but I have been feeling cramps similar to menstrual cramps sporadically throughout the day, and major lower back pain.
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    I just want to be in bed. Lower back pain and sinus pain on top of feeling like a whale is making me very grouchy.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    I am so glad I got lesson plans done for when I'm out on leave. Huge relief!
    I have heard good things about GLOW; I plan on catching up on Once Upon A Time, and Orange is the New Black.
  • Options
    38weeks!
    Had one today. Cervix is still at a 1, but very very low and shallow. When checked, she said she could feel baby's head
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    My back is killing me! I have sciatica and my SI joint has separated...on the same side!
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    DH still is taking his time to prepare. No carseats in car, nursery needs last minute stuff and there's non baby stuff that is just taking up space. But I did do the pack n play by myself with little sleep!
    the good place has been on my list of amazing shows. On season 2 now. 
  • Options
    @kaitlinliz Last time my OB check my cervix it was closed, but she said she could feel baby's head pushing against it too (which makes sense given it feels like she is shoving herself between my hips daily). 

But I feel ya on DH dragging his feet a bit on last minute prep. Our carseat is sitting in the living room and there are a handful of things to put up in the nursery that hasn't been done. I will say, our doula recommended not installing the car seat fully (learning how to, but leaving it in the back). She said when driving to the hospital, you might want the option of being more mobile or lying down in the back seat rather than be relegated to the front seat. And depending on your car, the car seat may restrict space. Just something to think about!
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? 38 + 4

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Setting a possible induction date at my appointment tomorrow. Hoping for the 19th.

3) Cravings/symptoms? Just salad. Anything to get my iron up and clean out my colon. I don't want a mess at delivery. Haha

4) Rants/raves/concerns? Just hoping my water doesn't break at work! After all of the prodromal labor and real contractions, I've got 0 signs of impending labor... 

5) Anything else you want to add/ask? nope 

6) GTKY - Favorite series on Netflix or Amazon Prime (stock up on suggestions for late night feedings!): OITNB, Prison Break
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options

37w

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?  tomorrow for my first cervical check

3) Cravings/symptoms?  lots of intense low pelvic pressure when I walk or stand for any amount of time. Heart burn and insomnia persist

4) Rants/raves/concerns?  only 8 more work days to go!!

BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    @DungeonTrollMel Yay for the work day countdown! I have 7.5 more days to go! We have the week of Thanksgiving off and my due date is Thanksgiving. I haven't officially decided what I will do though if she hasn't arrived by November 27 (four days past due). Part of me wants to come back to work because I don't want to waste maternity leave time before she arrives...but part of me doesn't want to come back either, lol.
  • Options
    @dragonfly87-2 that's good to kno. He works in the town that the hospital is in and chances are my coworker will be bringing me to the hospital. We work opposite shifts, so chances of him being home are slim, I'd either be at work with her or down the street from her at home while he is at work. He's been using my car for work so it'd be down near the hospital. I'm trying to get him to install one in his truck too in case he has the truck with him (our hospital is about 30-40 mins away, so for him to come home would be stupid)
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? 37 wks 2 Days 
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Good ... dilated 1cm & 50% effaced. I got my membrane stripped and baby dropped that night
    3) Cravings/symptoms? Only symptom is swelling with some edema in the left foot & ankle
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? Only concern is stalling in dialatiom
    6) GTKY - Favorite series on Netflix or Amazon Prime (stock up on suggestions for late night feedings!): loving greys anatomy