Infertility

November 2017 IUI

Hello ladies,

I didn't see a November IUI board yet, hope you all don't mind if if I start one! If you'd like some support on your IUI journey, please feel free to chime in!

Introducing ourselves:

Cycle Number/IUI Number:

Anticipated IUI Date: 

Good luck to you all!

Re: November 2017 IUI

• HI all, i'll start. I'm 32 and DH is 35. I have DOR with AMH of 0.898. 

Cycle Number: This month will be cycle #2. My first cycle was in September and i took a month off due to DH being out of town.

Anticipated IUI: Nov 16th

FX for us all that we will be eating for two this thanksgiving!

***** child/loss TW *****
    natural pregnancy DD 2012 TTC #2 since 2014
    9/2015 chemical pregnancy
    Initial workup: 
         AMH: 0.898 ng/ml
         Antral Follicle Count: 5
         FSH day 3: 6.56 mIU/ml
         LH day 3: 5.24 mIU/ml
         Estradiol day 3: 46.75 pg/ml

IUI 1-4 BFN

IVF #1 After ovulation was confirmed with progesterone levels on CD19. Cetrotide ½ dose X4 doses and minivelle was started CD 20 to continue through stim. Upon AF, started follistim 150 bid and menopur 75 bid on CD3. Started cetrotide 1 dose when biggest follicle reached 13mm. Retrieved 4 eggs out of 12 follicles, 2 PGS normal, FET #1 9/14/18 BFP beta#1 10dp6dt 369, 12dp6dt 1210 
  • @cassafrass15 thank you for starting the board!!  I'm so excited to say that I have 0 cysts this month! Yay!  That's been the reason I've been MIA for september and October.  So this will officially finally be cycle 1 for us.  
    Anticipated date 11/14

GL to all!!!  So excited for November :) 

• Loading the player...
  • Hello all!

Cycle Number/IUI Number: I honestly have lost count.  We've been doing infertility treatments for over a year now (with a few months taken off due to overstimming/cysts)

Anticipated IUI Date: Sunday, November 5 at 9am!!!

Good luck everyone!
    Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
    February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
    April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
    May '17: Took off due to cysts
    June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
    November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
    December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

• @Funnygirl34 good luck sunday!!!  FX!! 
  • Hi everyone! Seasoned reader and first time poster wanting to get involved in discussions. 

We've been TTC for almost 2 years with no findings throughout all our diagnostic testing, so I guess my diagnosis is unexplained infertility. I am about to undergo trigger then IUI after my first round of FSH injections. My history is below. Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone! 

**UPDATE**- Yesterday, I continued some online research and found a medical journal article stating that IUIs are most effective when done at least 36 hours after hCG trigger (about double effective at 48h). My question to you all, is whether or not this is well known as best practice. If so, I'm a little angry that my time frames between HCG trigger and IUI have been at 30, 27, and 25 hours! Very different from that minimum 36h! Granted, it is some kind of Middle Eastern journal, but here is the link: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1110569015300121

Cycle #1 with RE:

07/16 CD 5-9: letrozole

Mon. 07/24 CD 13-

UL 0830: 3 follicles 18-20mm

Ovidrel HCG trigger 0845

Tues. 07/25 CD 14, ~day before ovulation per BBT- 

Wash collection 1300, 57 million

IUI 1445, ~30h post HCG

08/10 CD 5-9: letrozole

Thurs. 08/17 CD 12-

UL 0915: 3 follicles 16mm

Fri. 08/18 CD 13-

Ovidrel HCG trigger 0715

Sat. 08/19 CD 14, ~day of ovulation per BBT-

Wash collection 0900, 213 million 

IUI 1045, ~27.5h post HCG

09/03 CD 5-9: letrozole

Wed. 09/13 CD 15-

UL 0800: 2 follicles 19 and 23mm

Ovidrel HCG trigger 0815

Fri. 09/14 CD 16-

Wash collection delivered 0745, 
    175 million 

IUI 0920, ~25h post HCG

Progesterone CD 18-28

10/02 CD 5-9: letrozole

Timed intercourse

Progesterone CD16

Pregnancy test CD30

10/27 CD 3-9: Gonal-f 75 units

CD 7 UL 0900: (2)10mm, (1)13mm; (1)10mm cyst; thin uterine lining due to cont'd bleeding; estrogen 192

CD 10 UL 0815 (11/03): (1) 14mm, (2) 16mm; no mention of cysts; good trilaminar lining: estrogen 466
    CD 10: extra dose Gonal-f 75 units
    CD 11 (11/04) 2100: HCG Ovidrel trigger
    CD 13 (11/06) 0900: IUI

• cassafrass15cassafrass15 member
    edited November 2017
    @roxarn87 Hooray for no cysts! FX Cycle 1 is your take-home and you don't need a Cycle 2!

@Funnygirl34 Hope you IUI went well this morning!

@nurseerin2012 Welcome! I'm sorry your journey brought you to the IF boards, but the ladies here are super supportive. I've had an IUI anywhere from 24-36 hrs after trigger, depending on the size of the follies and the thickness of my lining. That article is really interesting - maybe ask your RE what they think? I know mine doesn't always subscribe to all of the research I've thrown at him. But he's great at explaining WHY, which I appreciate.

Edit: typing on mobile is hard on Sunday morn.
  • Hi all! I had my 4th iui on Friday the 3rd (although I did miss one month due to timing, so it feels like 5), so I'm patiently waiting it out over here :smiley: It would be awesome if we all had some good news to share with our families over Thanksgiving...

@nurseerin2012 I used a trigger shot for the first time this cycle and my iui was scheduled 35 hours after. They said they recently changed it from 36 hours to 35 hours, but I'm not sure why. 
  • Hi, long time reader / first time poster  ;) 
    Me: 28 DH: 33 

TTC a little over a year, unexplained infertility

We have done 5 medicated cycles (3 unmonitored with letrozole, 2 monitored with letrozole+ovidrel+progesterone and TI) and now we're moving on to letrozole +ovidrel + IUI for the first time.

Anticipated IUI date is 11/11 (perhaps some good luck? gosh I hope so)

If anyone has any insights, tips, "know before you go"'s, or anything else for a first time IUI'er, I'd love to hear them.  
    TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29  DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• Hi Ladies! 
    I’ve been lurking for a while, but figured I would join this post if that’s okay. I don’t totally fit here because my “infertility” is due to my same-sex marriage, but I figure I’m going through all of the same meds and protocols so hopefully you don’t mind if I join. 

About me: I am 29, DW is 40. I was diagnosed with PCOS as a teenager and treated with metformin for many years. This is my first time TTC so I have no idea what role my PCOS will end up playing. **TW** We do have a 21 month old son who we adopted as a newborn, so while parenting is not new to me, trying to become pregnant is a whole new world! **End TW**

This is cycle #1 for me. I took Femara days 3-7 and on CD 12 (Sunday) I had a 17.4mm and a 13mm follicles on my left and many very small ones on my right. I triggered with Ovedril at 11:30 last night (we gave my eggs an extra day to mature further) and I go in tomorrow morning for my first IUI (36 hours after trigger). 

I am extremely nervous about multiples! DW isn’t a huge kid person and while she adores our son she didn’t want any more kids. I talked her into having one more, but now I’m terrified of ending up with more than one. 

Ive been cheering many of you on silently, so I’m very excited to finally join in! Can’t wait to see how November goes for everyone!!! 
  • @wishing-and-hoping Welcome! Good luck with your first IUI! My advice is to try to relax. I don't cramp much, but I've found that I cramp even less when I actively try to relax a little bit during the procedure. But it really is a piece of cake (in my experience).

@do114 Welcome to the thread! I've heard varying statistics, but the highest chance of multiples with femara (that I've seen) was 14% in one study. Take that with a grain of salt of course, but I don't think you have to worry too much about it at least. Good luck with your IUI!

AFM, CD26 today and I'm having some pre-AF spotting and cramping. Looks like I'll be joining you ladies for another round of IUI later this month!
  • Hello everyone! 
    I'm pretty much new here but we've been trying to conceive our second for about 2 years and have been seeing an RE since May this year.  I'm 37 and DH is 41, my issue is DOR and my AMH is 0.55. 

Currently we have done two cycles of femara with timed intercourse and one of clomid. This is our second cycle of clomid and my doctor told me today that if we wanted to do IUI this cycle we could. 
    Since I have two good follicles, I think we have decided to give IUI a try, which would probably be 11/10.  Any tips? Also how exactly does it work with what DH has to do?

Good luck to all!
  • @wishing-and-hoping we're pretty close to the same boat you're in!  We've done 4 medicated cycles and a couple months off for cysts but we're doing iui #1 this month :)  
    @do114 welcome!!  GL this month! 
    @cassafrass15 Sorry for the evil AF showing her ugly face :(  I'll be right here waiting to find out how your next appointments go :)
    @suzzy2380 Welcome and happy to hear that you've decided to try IUI!  This is my first too :) Not totally sure about the DH process...I was told (and I'll know more after my appointment on Sunday) that we'll abstain for 48 hours and you can bring the sample from home within an hour or he can give the sample at the office.  GL on Friday!!

AFM, Letrazole days 3-7, appointment on Sunday to see about the follies and if all is well **TW**I've been known to produce too many follicles and with our family history of multiples, it's not the best idea for IUI with too many**End TW**  we'll trigger Sunday with IUI Tuesday!  SO excited for us all :)

• Just realized my old tablet had my old username saved as mmccolpin.... guess I'll keep using my phone to post lol 
  • @cassafrass15 and @roxarn87 Thanks for your welcomes!
    @cassafrass15 It's funny you mentioned the cramping aspect - I read this article that found uterine contractions during IUI to correlate positively with pregnancy.  It seems like this factor is out of my control, plus I had like ONE cramp during my HSG (and they had to do the HSG twice!), so I don't think I'm in the high uterine contraction camp.  BTW, AF is a real bench (thank you to "the good place" for keeping my cursing PG) and I'm sorry it looks like you're gearing up to see her again.

I haven't really followed any kind of ritual or diet plan to increase my chances, but this month for fun I'll try a few things I've read online... this grapefruit juice thing, the pineapple thing... of course, these are easy because I'm a fan of tropical fruits  :D

@do114 let us know how your IUI went today!  Look forward to hearing from you too @Suzzy2380
    TTC History in Spoiler
    TTC 21 cycles
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• do114do114 member
    edited November 2017
    @Suzzy2380 Sounds like IUI would be a great option for you! I was surprised how quick and easy it was!

@cassafrass15 Sorry to hear AF is on her way. What is your plan for next cycle?

@wishing-and-hoping I didn’t try any special diet either (except for generally eating healthy to lose some weight). I’ve heard about the pineapple core theory, but what is the grapefruit juice one? I mean, it can’t hurt, right?! My RE said not to worry about doing anything to try to increase chances, but when so much of this is out of our control, it seems nice to at least try something we can control!

AFM- My IUI this morning went well. I was really surprised how quick it was. Not the most comfortable procedure, but just like a pap. They told me I could get right up after, but I had read so many people on here suggest to wait 10-20 minutes before getting up, so I just hung out for a while before I got up. I’ve had a few cramps but overall feel fine. The letrazole and Ovedril both gave me headaches and tiredness, but I’ve lucked out with minimal side effects so far.

For those of you who have been through the TWW, how do you pass the time? It seems like my beta on 11/22 is a lifetime away!!
  • Introducing ourselves: I am back after a little bump/ttc break. This is mostly a new group of people than when I were trying before. I have PCOS (where I don't ovulate at all). *TW* We've been ttc #2 since February. I got pregnant with our 3rd IUI in June. Unfortunately that ended in a loss, and I had a d&c at 9.5 weeks */TW* We had to wait a couple months before starting IUIs again. I didn't respond to the femara (which has never been an issue) the first dose so my RE re-dosed me and I thankfully responded (it's CD 23). I have a 24mm and a 17mm follicle and I triggered today.

Cycle Number/IUI Number: IUI #4

Anticipated IUI Date: 11/9

For those that asked about IUIs - They aren't bad at all, especially if you've already had an SHG and/or HSG. They insert the speculum and then they insert a catheter and put the fluid with the sperm in. It's a small amount so the only cramping I've had with it is usually when the catheter goes through your cervix into your uterus. It's very quick. My RE office has DH come in (unless you can get it to the lab within 30 minutes which we can't since we live too far away) and then I come in about an hour after he is done for the IUI. 

The TWW sucks. I would try to stay as busy as you can. Read books, watch tv, exercise, whatever you can to pass the time. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @do114 glad the procedure went well.  I have read both sides of the argument for laying down vs getting up afterwards but I think you're right - it seems like the more convincing argument is laying down for 10ish minutes.  I hope this was "the one" for you!  The grapefruit juice is supposed to improve your CM... who knows?!  My RE is the same - doesn't suggest changing lifestyle in any significant way, but yeah, I think sometimes I just want SOMETHING to do and fruit consumption seems like as good an option as any!

@dmo1371 so very sorry for your loss.  Glad you are back in the swing of things, and best of luck tomorrow.
    TTC History in Spoiler
    TTC 21 cycles
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• I had my IUI today and the nurse that did it sucked. I've had 2 SHGs, an HSG, and now 4 IUIs. Nobody had any problem at all getting the catheter through my cervix into my uterus the 6 times it's been done before today.... After about five minutes of her trying to get it in I asked her if something was wrong. She just played it off like oh no sometimes you have to twist it a while before you can get it in there... I apparently jinxed myself by saying how quick it was above ^^^  I hope this wasn't a wasted IUI.
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• @dmo1371 I would be just as annoyed. When i had my first IUI, i was so surprised to see it was the nurse who does it! When they charge me for the IUI, it's billed under my Dr, why is the nurse performing the most important part of the process??? I feel like it's such a rip off that we get charged $2600 (billed to my insurance thank god) for each IUI, but I don't even get to see or talk to my RE through the entire process, only the nurse. Some of the stuff the nurse says really has me questioning if she knows her stuff....
    Initial workup: 

IUI 1-4 BFN

IVF #1 After ovulation was confirmed with progesterone levels on CD19. Cetrotide ½ dose X4 doses and minivelle was started CD 20 to continue through stim. Upon AF, started follistim 150 bid and menopur 75 bid on CD3. Started cetrotide 1 dose when biggest follicle reached 13mm. Retrieved 4 eggs out of 12 follicles, 2 PGS normal, FET #1 9/14/18 BFP beta#1 10dp6dt 369, 12dp6dt 1210 
  • @dmo1371  That's so frustrating. Especially since you haven't had trouble before.  If it makes you feel any better, even my RE had trouble getting through my cervix during HSG - hence why I had to do it twice.  Apparently I have an S shaped cervix so maybe anyone would have had trouble.  I definitely didn't know that the nurse does the insemination... interesting.  But here's hoping that whatever she did differently this time was a good thing! FX for you.

Going in for U/S in the morning to see where I am follicle-wise and will hopefully be able to trigger as well.
    TTC History in Spoiler
    TTC 21 cycles
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• do114do114 member
    edited November 2017
    @dmo1371.   I’m so sorry you had such a bad experience. I was also surprised the doctor didn’t to the procedure. I didn’t even have a nurse- it was a tech who did mine! I had a question and she had to go get the nurse to answer it for me. I was really surprised! Hoping your bad experience leads to a BFP! 
    Its interesting how different the costs are! My IUI was $1050 for the monitoring and procedure and the $800 for donor sperm (All OOP). It seems like costs vary so widely between clinics! 
  • Well, during U/S today the RE thinks he found a polyp on/in my uterus.  He has suspected something abnormal in my uterus due to AF being heavy and painful, but this was the first physical proof of anything.  He suggested we cancel IUI (don't want to waste $ when it seems the polyp may be lessening my chances), proceed with trigger and TI, and if not pregnant this month, do SHG next month to determine if polyp is there (and surgery to remove it if it is).  It feels somewhat hopeful that we may have found the problem, but frustrating that we can't do the IUI and that this month will likely be a bust.  Anyone else familiar with the world of polyps?  Haven't started my googling yet...
    TTC History in Spoiler
    TTC 21 cycles
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• Had my IUI this morning. After some scheduling mix ups and being at the wrong clinic we finally got things started about an hour later than expected. My husband's sample was very good about 200 million post wash with good motility, so that is promising. The procedure was done by the nurse an they actually had me lay on the table for about 15 minutes after (I know there was some conversation around laying after). 

So now here we are in the 2WW, I was just wondering if any of you are planning to test prior to AF date or no?

Good luck to all. @wishing-and-hoping - i'm sorry to here about the polyp and know that can be frustrating and strangely hopeful. I haven't dealt with them but sending you good vibes.
  • @babyhopeful442 - I was surprised the nurse did it too when I had my first one. A nurse also did both my SHGs. I started asking for the nurse that is actually good at it, but she wasn't working yesterday. I've also been told incorrect information by some of the nurses at my clinic. My doctor is wonderful as well as his main nurse, but there are a couple not so good ones there.

@do114 - Wow I didn't know a tech could do them too. At this point I don't care who does it as long as it's legal and they are trained to do it well. We are very fortunate our insurance covers everything but what the lab does (so $250 an IUI) and we just met our out of pocket max so I am praying we get pregnant before the end of the year. 

@wishing-and-hoping - Ugh I'm sorry your cervix is S shaped. I assume who does the IUI depends on the clinic? I'm sorry the RE suspects a polyp. I'm surprised they didn't do an SHG with your initial testing. Although it sucks, I do agree to wait and do the SHG to check. Sometimes polyps don't cause any problems, but I know sometimes they can cause issues with implantation and/or pregnancy loss. So frustrating. 

@Suzzy2380 - I don't know what I'll do this cycle, but in the past I have POAS CD 6-7 to see if the trigger was still in my system (assuming you triggered). I would test every day from then until I got a negative (ie no trigger in system) and then I'd test starting on CD 10. I've always gotten a positive by CD 11 (which I know is early, but that is my personal experience). My RE doesn't do betas unless I get a positive HPT. *TW* After my loss, I feel like I won't get the same excitement from a BFP */TW so I'm not sure when I'll start testing. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• @Suzzy2380 That sounds like a stressful morning!! What a great sample though! I would like to think one in 200 million would be able to get the job done! I’m so glad everything went well after getting to the right clinic! 

@wishing-and-hoping I’m so sorry to hear about the cancelled IUI, but so hopeful for you that maybe this is a the cause of your difficulty and will be easy to solve! Did you trigger yet? 

I havent decided when I’m going to POAS. I am definitely going to test the morning of my beta, but I’m still undecided about testing out the trigger and then testing daily. We are having our annual friends thanksgiving the day of beta. We are keeping it really small this year with only our two best friends and their families, who both know about our IUI. I’m sure we will share with them our result either way, but I just want to know the result before they come over so I don’t get a call about a BFN in the middle of our party. I would rather know ahead of time and have time to process it. 
  • Hey everyone!!! Sounds like this month there have been some ups and downs, hopefully there is a light at the end of the TWW for each of you. 

I had IUI #3 on November 3rd. We have used clomid CD 3-7 and with IUI #1 we used one small dose of follistim and were surging on our own. IUI #2 we monitored a day earlier in CD 9 and RE recommended we trigger that night.  No follistim that round. This cycle we are taking a more relaxed approach. We aren't worrying about diet or the occasional drink and trying to "not think about it" (which my type A personality is not good with it), so we did our Clomid cycle and started with Estrace on CD 9 as my lining was at a 5.2.  Monitoring on CD and lining had gone up to 6.2 and my follicles were 22, 19, and 17.  RE had us trigger that night and he IUI was on CD 12 approximately 36 hours post trigger. i started prometrium the day after IUI and have stayed on the Estrace. 

The TWW sucks.  Does anyone else take Estrace and/or prometrium? Have you noticed pregnancy like symptoms while taking these? Such a tender breaths, sore nipples, slight nausea?  
  • aeb1116 said:
    Hey everyone!!! Sounds like this month there have been some ups and downs, hopefully there is a light at the end of the TWW for each of you. 

I had IUI #3 on November 3rd. We have used clomid CD 3-7 and with IUI #1 we used one small dose of follistim and were surging on our own. IUI #2 we monitored a day earlier in CD 9 and RE recommended we trigger that night.  No follistim that round. This cycle we are taking a more relaxed approach. We aren't worrying about diet or the occasional drink and trying to "not think about it" (which my type A personality is not good with it), so we did our Clomid cycle and started with Estrace on CD 9 as my lining was at a 5.2.  Monitoring on CD and lining had gone up to 6.2 and my follicles were 22, 19, and 17.  RE had us trigger that night and he IUI was on CD 12 approximately 36 hours post trigger. i started prometrium the day after IUI and have stayed on the Estrace. 

The TWW sucks.  Does anyone else take Estrace and/or prometrium? Have you noticed pregnancy like symptoms while taking these? Such a tender breaths, sore nipples, slight nausea?  
    Fx for you! The trigger is hcg so that can cause pregnancy symptoms as well as the progesterone/prometrium. I don’t symptom spot because this early any symptoms are hcg/progesterone related. It’s such a mind game especially 9-10+ dpo. I was on estrace my first iui and also now (my 4th) due to thin lining. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• @aeb1116 I applaud your trying to take a relaxed approach.  I am trying that too this time around.  It is exhausting and mentally difficult to act like you're pregnant for 2 weeks (or more) every month and still face the BFN.  The first month I took prometrium, I just had headaches, but the second time I had so many symptoms - headaches, nausea, diarrhea, hot flashes, and the worst of all... morning sickness.  Now that's just a mind eff-er.  I start back on the lovely prometrium tonight, hoping for fewer symptoms this time around.  Glad you don't have much longer to wait before you can test and hope it is a BFP for you!!!
    TTC History in Spoiler
    TTC 21 cycles
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• @wishing-and-hoping and @dmo1371I am glad I am not the only one who gets the mental games from these meds. Definitely doesn't make it an easier wait.  @wishing-and-hoping, I hope this round of prometrium goes smoother for you.  Anything that can make time go faster 
    FX 
  • Checking in on everyone. Any news yet? I'm trying hard not to test yet, 11 DPO today...
  • Hey Ladies! Creeping a bit on this board.  I had a couple failed IVF's - last one in September- and needed a bit of a break- but we decided to go forward with an IUI w/ stims this month as a Hail Mary.  I had a question for anyone in the same boat (IUI w/ injectables).  What size follicles is your doctor considering "mature" when they are deciding to proceed or cancel?  My doctor has said 14mm at the day of trigger but I've also heard 16mm.  Was wondering what peoples RE's are saying! Thanks in advance! 

<3 Wish you all lots luck this month! 
    Me 32 DH 36, Married 12/2013, TTC Since 9/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained 
    2 IVFs, 8 IUIs (2 Clomid, 6 Injectables)
    Nov '16: TI Clomid- 2 Follicles, BFN 
    Dec '17: IUI Clomid- 1 Follicle, BFN 
    Jan '17: TI Clomid - 1 Follicle, BFN 
    Feb '17: IUI Clomid - 1Follicle, BFN
    Mar '17: IUI Inject - Canceled (Cyst) 
    Jun '17: IVF Antagonist, 13ER, 10Fert (5ICSI, 5Nat)  - No Blasts, 1 D5T, BFN
    Sep '17: IVF Antagonist, 14 ER, 4 Fert (All ICSI) - 2 D3T, BFN
    Nov '17: IUI Inject - 4 Follicles, BFN
    Dec '17: Laparoscopy Endo - Neg (No Endo)
    Feb '18: IUI Inject - 4 Follicles, BFN 
    June '18: IUI Inject - 5 Follicles, BFP -> CP 
    Aug '18: IUI Inject - 1 Follicle, BFP -> Ectopic 
    Sep '18: IUI Inject - 7 Follicles, No Trigger, Missed O, BFN
    Currently on BCP to gear up for Nov '18 IUI 
  • @cxsimo08, welcome to the board. I'm sorry I hear about your past cycles. My RE considers follicles to be mature at 18mm and looks for at least one to be at 17mm on the day of triggering as they say the follicle will grow 1-2 mm a day. 

Hope me this helps. 
  • kerryann124 I'm 9dpo and tested this morning... I have no control.  There's a still a very faint line from trigger.  Praying it gets darker, but for some reason I feel pessimistic!
    Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
    February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
    April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
    May '17: Took off due to cysts
    June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
    November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
    December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

• @cxsimo08 My RE waits until they are much larger, like over 20mm. I had one follie at 24mm last cycle before trigger. But I'm on Femara, not injectibles. Although I have done an egg retrieval and again they waited until they were around 21 or 22mm.

@Funnygirl34 Is the trigger still in your system 9dpo?! FX for you, that sounds pretty exciting to me!

AFM, i broke down and tested this morning and got a negative 12dpo, so pretty sure I'm out this cycle. I wasn't very hopeful as I have a bad cold. Onto the next month :(
  • @cxsimo08 I’m not exactly sure what my RE considers mature but I had one at 17 and one at 13. He told me to wait one day before trigger to hope the 13 would catch up to 15 or so before triggering. 

@kerryann124 I’m so sorry about your negative test this morning. I wouldn’t give up all hope yet! I have also had a bad cold since IUI. Hoping it doesn’t affect too much. 

AFM- I’m only 7dpo today. These two week are crawling by!!! I POAS yesterday just out of pure curiosity about how dark my trigger line would be. It was still clearly there obviously. No other news from me. Other than being really tired for the first couple of days, I’ve had no symptoms at all. I know it’s still early, but it makes me feel pessimistic. The TWW is such a mind game! 
  • Hello!

I've come to this board and left several times, but finally decided to post and introduce myself. I'm 34 and dh is 48 and we have unexplained infertility. 

TW - child mentioned

we do have a 2.5 year old who we miraculously conceived on our own after 3 unsuccessful and heartbreaking years of trying. I really want 3 kids, but at this point would be satisfied with 2. We haven't prevented since she was born since we knew we had issues conceiving and I have always heard it can be easier in the first 6 months after cycles return. 

End TW

This month makes 2 years of trying. Last summer we started seeing an infertility specialist. In august we started medication and timed intercourse. Letrozole for days 3-7, ultrasound, ovidrel trigger shot. After 3 failed months of that plan, we decided to go ahead with iui.

This cycle I did letrozole for days 3-7. Ultrasound Monday showed 4 mature follicles, so Monday night at 9:00 pm I did my ovidrel trigger shot and this morning at 9:00 am I had my first iui. He had me lie down for 10 minutes after the procedure. I've been cramping ever since. 

Hopefully this will be a good month for everyone! Fx and baby dust to all!
  • Hi all!

I've been TTC for several years to no avail, but I hold out hope for the near future!

I'm 32, with a handful of diagnoses (PCOS, hypothyroid, fibroids, polyps) that have contributed to my struggle. I think I'm coming up on my 5th IUI, though to be honest it's been kind of a blur after the first few tries.

Ive just started meds (Letrozole) for this cycle, and my anticipated IUI date is 11/25.

Good luck everyone!
  • @kgabhart our IUI date is very close. I just had my IUI today at 10am. I also had 4 follicles and triggered at 10pm tuesday night. I did letrozole 5 days and 2 days of follistim injections, FX for the both of us. When are you going in for beta testing? 
    Initial workup: 

IUI 1-4 BFN

• @babyhopeful442 mine doesn't do beta testing unless you test positive on a hpt. I'm supposed to test at home on 11/29 and let them know the results. This is going to be the longest 2ww ever!
  • @kgabhart and @babyhopeful442 I had my iui on Tuesday and will be testing on the 28th!  My doc won't do beta unless it's a positive hpt either.  fx for all of us!! :)  looks like we'll know around the same time!