May 2018 Moms
Options

GTKY My name is... 11/7

sandbar517sandbar517 member
edited November 2017 in May 2018 Moms
We've all been talking about names for our babies, and other kids, but what about YOUR name?  Any special meaning/significance behind it?  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
Married June 2012
BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

Re: GTKY My name is... 11/7

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kpc914 That would be a little weird to be named "after" her.  That is so sad, I can't even imagine the hell her parents have been through the past 30 years.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    My 2 sisters and I all have first names that start with an S.  I'm the middle child, and my first name I suspect is one of my dad's hs gf's, never confirmed... and my middle name is my grandmother's middle name.  
  • Options
    I’m named after Corpus Christi, Texas. Where my dad was born, because my parents couldn’t agree on a name. They spelled it Kristi, though. 
  • Options
    I was named after my mother's aunt..she changed the spelling of the nickname to differentiate between us. I go by my full name when at work though. It is an "old lady" name that I always hated growing up, so it was always the nickname at school for me. As for middle name, well, I'm stuck with Ann...the most generic middle name ever.
  • Options
    Mine is Marybeth. With a small b and all one word. It's super annoying because everyone wants to separate it as Mary Beth. Or people just start calling me Mary which I hate. My mom liked the Beth part but didn't want Elizabeth and I have a cousin named Bethany so Marybeth was it. I also don't like MB... 
  • Options
    @ivyvines6 I just heard someone say Gretchen last night and I thought, "Oh that's kinda pretty..." but then I said it out loud a few times, and I'm like, nope.  Don't like it.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @sandbar517 I think of Mean Girls when I hear Gretchen now. 
    I've never liked the name... 
  • Options
    My name is Sarah, which means princess.  I am not sure why they picked it, I think they just liked the name.  And liked biblical names.
  • Options
    My name is Alla which is a very common Russian name but very usual in the US. It’s frustrates me for most of my life so it’s important for my kids to have names that are a little more mainstream. 
  • Options
    My parents named me Amanda so that I could choose to go by Amanda, Mandy, or Amy and it would all still mean the same thing (beloved). I go by Amy. Which has caused some confusion....like when my neighbor gets my mail marked "Amanda" and comes over to tell me that she got some of my sister's mail again.