June 2018 Moms

Any Keto Mom's/Pregnancy?

Sorry if this has been asked - I did search for it and & scrolled a ways and couldn't find any topics so figured I'd start a little thread for us keto mommies\pregnancies! 

How long have you been doing keto/low carb?

How many grams are you staying at per day with this pregnancy? 

Any new cravings? 

Favorite keto recipe? 
DH - 24; Me: 26
Married 3/7/15
Expecting Baby #1: 06/06/2016
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Any Keto Mom's/Pregnancy?

• RNMegan0711RNMegan0711 member
    edited November 2017
    With pregnancy with my daughter (she's 17 months) I gained nearly 80 lbs and I'm determined to not repeat myself with baby #2! I've been keto for about a week- we've done variations of low carb off and on for about a year now. I've been able to get off about 40 lbs since having my daughter but I'm still very overweight for starting pregnancy. I absolutely hate hating myself and the way I feel during pregnancy. I'm excited to feel like I have some control over it while still making healthy choices for this little bean! 

I'm ultimately trying to stay below 40. Good days would be at or around 20-30. 

Any new cravings? 
    Toast! Omg my morning sickness has been terrible and all I want is some dang toast! Lol. I need to look into making some keto bread! Anyone tried any? 

Favorite keto recipe? 
    I was thinking about making some southwest chicken taco soup in the crock pot tonight. I'll post the link if anyone wants it too! 

https://myketorecipes.com/recipe/keto-approved-low-carb-taco-soup/

(Edited to add recipe)

Married 3/7/15
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @RNMegan0711 It’s so nice to see someone else doing keto here!

I’ve been keto since April of this year. TW* after a miscarriage in January *end tw*, I️ finally got some testing done to find out I’m insulin resistant. I spent a year prior with a nutritionist to lose weight and nothing worked. My ob suggested keto and I’ve lost 61 lbs in 5 months. I was hoping to stay keto during pregnancy, but the first tri is kicking my butt. Fingers crossed I can get back into it in the second trimester. 

Currently off due to low blood sugar issues, trying to keep it low carb as much as possible, but not really counting.

Any new cravings? 
    Everything I shouldn’t be eating. I’ve been trying to keep carbs low or at least eating whole grains. I feel like I can’t get enough food as is, so bread is my downfall right now. 

Favorite keto recipe?

chicken pizza crust. I’ll try to find the link and add it in. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kbrown2385 yes!!! Love that there are more keto girls here! That's amazing you've lost that much in 5 months! What a testimony to it! I'm so excited to continue keto throughout the pregnancy hopefully and post partum. Like I mentioned above, I gained so much with my daughter and this diet so far seems to be keeping me at bay and even on my weight gain. I've had some major nausea and vomiting with this pregnancy so I'm actually down 10. Which is crazy. I totally feel you on the first trimester cravings lol. This morning on my way to work I was starving and didn't have time to grab anything for breakfast so I ordered two egg sausage and cheese mcmuffins and ate one without the muffins and the other with just the bottom.
    Married 3/7/15
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @RNMegan0711 everything sounds good to me now. This didn’t happen with my son so it’s new territory for me. I could really go for an egg McMuffin now  :D
  • I've been trying to hard to maintain low carb because of my insulin resistance and I am petrified to gain too much with this pregnancy. I stopped eating meat early this year (I still eat fish) so I have to really work on my protein intake. I lost over 75lbs 3 years ago with a keto diet. I want to get back into it once I get this nausea under control (saltines and toast have been keeping me going).I don't want to get into the habit of giving in to every craving. So I would like to join you ladies!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @missylaneous419 I totally feel you on the being scared to gaining! Glad to have you!! And congrats on your weight loss! I'd love to make a regular keto/low carb weekly check in and we can share keto recipes etc. I'm about to add the keto taco soup recipe to my original post up top! 
    Married 3/7/15
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I was trying to do low carbs right before I found out.  I am now just trying to eat whatever I can to keep the MS at bay.  I discussed with my OB that I want to try to follow the GD diet while pregnant this time to hopefully avoid getting it and limit weight gain.  She thought it was a good idea.  
  • @Miz_Liz totally! I have been feeling terrible. Throwing up 1-2 times a day. Being carb free/low carb through first trimester has not been easy lol. I'm trying to continue to tell myself that 2nd trimester is coming (5-6 more weeks for me) and I can make it! Hopefully we will feel better then! 
    Married 3/7/15
    BabyFruit Ticker

• How long have you been doing keto/low carb?
    We started Keto in March, we’re a little relaxed about it in the summer and now I’m pregnant just as I was getting back into it. I figured I’d stay on it, but first tri hasn’t been making me feel nauseous with anything going in my mouth. Unfortunately bread/toast/crackers etc. Have been a staple the past few weeks. hope to get back into it during 2nd tri.

Not sure yet, will play it by ear once I get back.

Any new cravings? 
    All of the fruit

Favorite keto recipe? 
    Chocolate silk pie
    Cheddar biscuits 

DD: 09/16/14 @ 37 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 09/29 @ 11 DPO | EDD: 06/11/18
    Betas: 10/04 - 235 | 10/10 - 2,975 | 10/13 - 8,150 | 10/16 - 21,987