March 2018 Moms
Options

UO

2»

Re: UO

• Options
    DDRRT1982 said:
    I think it's rude to purposely not love tit someone on threads where everyone is aw-ing stuff.  I get if they are a random person or if they make a statement that distracts from the theme of the post, but in general I think everyone deserves love tits when we are aw-ing stuff.  For example, HDBD and Sex reveal and ultrasound threads.  

Also, Christmas music is terrible.  I have never once sought out holiday music to listen to.  I don't have a very religious background, so maybe it's because I didn't grow up listening to it.
    I seriously get anxious about this! TB app makes it hard to see if you have already clicked on the love it button and since the app no longer takes you straight to the last post you read, I lose track of them and often won't do it at all so as not to leave someone out.

So for the record, I love all of the ultrasounds, HDBD, and sex reveals! Those are the best posts ever <3

I’m with @notthefather sometimes I lovetit and it doesn’t show up and I may catch it or I may not. It’s not personal. And I have the same problem with not remembering which comments I’ve already lovetitted or not when TB app takes me to the top of every.single.post. So if I didn’t lovetit you and I did everyone else, it’s probably because it got overlooked and the app is glitchy. 
    This was more the direction I was  attempting to go with my UO.  I don't  want to leave anyone out.  Regardless, I don't want anyone to feel like I don't support them in their journey through life, especially pregnancy and parenthood.  I try to make a point in being equally supportive.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DDRRT1982 said:

Ok, I understand what you are saying, but I dont agree with what you said about tracking.  It's very obvious if you see a volume of love tits on a HDBD that is more on one picture, but less on another, then more on another.  It just provokes the question of why did "you" not liking that particular picture?   I was more talking about innocent threads I have seen over the years.  Not anything offensive or obviously not love tit-able.  
    I'll concur with "I understand what you're saying but I don't agree with you."  I do get what you're saying.  I just think it's good advice for all aspects of life to just not go there.   If someone/something isn't being well received, you can drive yourself nuts trying to figure out why, or you can cause drama by bringing it up.  I think everyone is better off by just pushing forward.  Even if there is an actual reason for it, if not liking something is the worst thing you do to someone you don't care for, then so be it.  No one is ever going to get along 100 percent of the time, and that is 100 percent Okay.

Also, now I'm curious if it's happening here....BUT I AM NOT GOING DOWN THAT RABBIT HOLE! ;)
    I am only talking about innocent threads like HDBD or the others I listed above. I would never expect the same level of support for everyone in everyday exchanges.  
  • Options
    My UO: I think Snickers are disgusting.  I completely hate them.

RE: Fingernails - I agree 100% about kids with long, dirty nails.  I'm always on my kids' cases about their nails - and their hands in general.  They LOVE to hold my hand when we're walking around together (even my 10 and 11 year olds) but I can't stand it when their hands don't "feel" clean.  I completely grosses me out.  

RE: Love-tits - I rarely love-tit things...but that doesn't mean I don't actually like/love the post.  I didn't realize it was that big of a deal to others. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    antoto said:
    Another UO of mine is I cringe every time someone uses bm for breastmilk or ms for morning sickness. Those mean totaly different things in my world  :s
    I shudder at the thought of a baby eating bm 
    The first time I saw someone say they were struggling with "ms" I felt REALLLLY bad for them.  Then I saw someone else say the same and I was shocked.  And then by the third post it slowly dawned on me that they were talking about morning sickness lol
    Same for me. I was surprised that so many moms here at multiple sclerosis, then I realized what was happening  
  • Options
    My UO: I think Snickers are disgusting.  I completely hate them.

RE: Fingernails - I agree 100% about kids with long, dirty nails.  I'm always on my kids' cases about their nails - and their hands in general.  They LOVE to hold my hand when we're walking around together (even my 10 and 11 year olds) but I can't stand it when their hands don't "feel" clean.  I completely grosses me out.  

RE: Love-tits - I rarely love-tit things...but that doesn't mean I don't actually like/love the post.  I didn't realize it was that big of a deal to others. 
    It's really not, it's just an UO.  It definitely doesn't really impact me the way it was described above.  I just make a point in trying to be equally supportive, regardless of past experiences or how I might perceive someone.  
  • Options
    @bettyvonsomethingstein nooo! My OCD says I have to read it because it’s got a yellow notification. Please tell me that you don’t have 10k unread emails. :lol:
    NO WAY.  TB is the only clutter in my lyfe.  I promise.
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• Options
    @kiki75 no catalyst.  It's really just a general UO and observation.  Over the years I just recognize people by their picture and it's easy for me to see patterns.  
  • Options
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• Options
    @bettyvonsomethingstein I used to be so anal about clearing them and then one day it turned from 12 to 30 and 100 to 200 now we’re over 2k and I can’t bring myself to care anymore. I use my work email for important things and that’s a different app so I can find the important shit. 
  • Options
    I tend to go heavy on the lovetits for everyone, but I stopped opening the ultrasound thread months ago because the pics won't load and I don't normally go into HDBD because I don't get the appeal of bump pics (I'm sure you all look adorable and pregnant, it's just not my thing). Also this last month has been nuts for me so I haven't even gone into a lot of threads at all due to time constraints. So just know, I mentally lovetit all the things and it's not personal! 

@antoto I am totally on board with that--with the added caveat that in some states schools are allowed to say you can skip vaccinations for religious reasons but not for other personal reasons--and that I do have a big problem with just from an equality standpoint.  
  • Options
    I love tit posts in other months BMBs and even in TTGP. I hope ppl don’t really notice because if they do then they probably think I’m a major creeper. Oops. 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @syssa-o omg. That is awful. I’m going to have nightmares. 

@barrelocarol omg. I can’t. No. Tell him to clean up his life.
  • Options
    Glad I’m not the only OCD one around here! I can’t have any standing notifications. I have all kinds of weird daily quirks though! I’m a weirdo.   :D

I try to love tit all the posts on the picture threads, but some days I miss posts somehow and don’t realize it until days/weeks later. Possibly because I only use the crummy app? 

I love Christmas. Decor. Music. Food. Family. Watching everyone open presents. The busy-ness and noise of it all. And I actually go into a slight depression after Christmas every year for a week or so. Not joking! I notice it first after all the presents are gone from under our tree inn Christmas Day.

Does that make me insane? Or just Elf’s sister? 
  • Options
    @syssa-o I just got a little tear. Now I won’t have nightmares. :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    kelsajokelsajo member
    edited November 2017
    I can't wait for tomorrow when I confess that my unread notifications for the ultrasound thread is in the hundreds......the pics take too long to load!! I'm sorry!!  
    TB has a notification? What am I missing? Lol edit because I think I finally figured out what we were talking about. And to add my UO w/o adding another post.

UO - I want snow. I am in Kansas and I am so ready for snow and winter and I love the cold weather. I hate summer, I hate being hot and sweaty and ugh. I want to move to Alaska for the year round Hunting, Cooler weather and no summer!
  • Options
    UO: I hate Christmas shopping. I absolutely love Christmas. And I love giving gifts. But the act of Christmas shopping stresses me out. I just went shopping for 3 hours and only bought 1/4 of my niece's present. Great. 1000+ more hours to go!
    Amazon and Kohl’s on Black Friday online is where it’s at. I did most of my Christmas shopping online last year 
  • Options
    @Gingermom15 Ooh. I always forget about Kohl’s! I wonder if they’ll have anything on my list this year! 
  • Options
    @Gingermom15, no Kohl's here. But I've spent the last hour online looking at how many gifts I can buy on Amazon. I just wish my nieces and nephews didn't ask for such expensive gifts/just money. We live on a pretty tight budget so giving money reflects how cheap we are, and it's hard to find things they want within our budget. It's so stressful!
  • Options
    @Gingermom15, no Kohl's here. But I've spent the last hour online looking at how many gifts I can buy on Amazon. I just wish my nieces and nephews didn't ask for such expensive gifts/just money. We live on a pretty tight budget so giving money reflects how cheap we are, and it's hard to find things they want within our budget. It's so stressful!
    No Kohl’s wven online? What!
    anyway, I only buy for my husband and son. I gave everyone gifts the year before my son was born and it was way too stressful and expensive. They get Christmas cards with my son’s picture inside now. 
  • Options
    @Gingermom15, I'm in Canada. I've never checked but I assume between shipping and the exchange rate it's not worth it.