Pregnant after IF
Options

Slow rising beta

Hello. I am currently 5w3 after a 5 day FET. My Beta one week ago at 4w3 was 1160. Today it was 3046. This calculates to a doubling time of 86 hours or 3.5 days. I read somewhere while googling that once it's over 1200 it can take 72-96 hours to double. Still, I am worried.

My RE today said it could be that 2 implanted and one stopped growing and the important thing is there is a rise. He told me not to get hung up on the numbers. I am supposed to get another beta done on Friday and have an appt for an ultrasound on Monday. 

I feel very stressed because my only pregnancy before this, also via FET, ended at miscarriage at 7w2. 

Does anyone know if these betas are okay? Thanks. 

Re: Slow rising beta

• Options
    @2tiels betas varry so wildy from pregnancy to pregnancy and woman to woman. Trust your doc. they are still rising which is good. I know how hard that wait till the first US is, hang in there this weekend and try to find something to distract yourself. PGAL brain is the worst. Today you are pregnant and hold on to that.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    Thank you for replying and being kind. Unfortunately the beta today was 2924 so I don't feel very optimistic for the ultrasound on Monday. We will also repeat labs on Monday. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @2tiels I'm sorry your beta didn't go up. hugs for todays ultrasound
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @2Tiels Sending love  <3 I had a miscarriage on my first IVF and it definitely sucks. Good luck and I hope you get your miracle soon!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry about the latest beta news. *hugs* I know it's hard, but try not to lose hope just yet. If in fact 2 implanted and 1 stopped growing, that could also lead to a decrease like that.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    2Tiels said:
    Thank you for replying and being kind. Unfortunately the beta today was 2924 so I don't feel very optimistic for the ultrasound on Monday. We will also repeat labs on Monday. 
    Any update? I’m having a similar issue.