July 2016 Moms

Awesome Of The Week

What's rocking your socks off this week?

Re: Awesome Of The Week

• Loading the player...
  • These are some great awesomes! 

Thanks guys!  I'll be sure to update :)

@winnie1122 - you have a great outlook/mindset on what is going on!  It would be so easy to go down a dark rabbit hole with anything unknown but you're rocking it.  Congrats/good luck! Keep us posted :)

@schaze - So exciting!!  Congrats! That is amazing for you :)

• @schaze Thanks! And I’m glad you get to stay home, it’s the best! I’m supposed to be making money while I stay home too but I’m not very good at it (I try though!) and even with the massive cuts we made to our budget it’s been so worth it to be able to be home. Now if we could just get freaking health insurance...that’s a whole other can of worms ugh.

@kmurdock925 Thanks! I’m hoping I can still be positive about it if it gets confirmed, I may just be riding the optimism train right now because it is scary to think about it actually being a thing. I’ll keep you posted!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • @shanparadise Glad you’re ok and it was detected! That’s scary! 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • @kmurdock925 that's so great! Do you know what your EDD is?
  • I went to my friend's wedding out of town leaving Elijah with my husband at home.  It was so much fun and feels great to know that we will all be okay if we take a night apart from each other!!!  
  • @schaze - 6/9!  Which is pretty fun because my edd with S was 7/9 :)
  • Super cute @FTM53! I was pretty boring this year and just put out a couple garlands and fall scented candles. But I’m super pumped to decorate for Christmas!! I’m working on getting my Etsy shop ready for Christmas so I’ve been making ornament samples so it feels like it should be Christmas already haha. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Wooow!! @FTM53 I love that you go strong for all three fall/winter holidays!! We do lots for Halloween but then leave it up until it's time for Christmas, haha! Which for us, starts about midway through November. 
  • We probably will be decorating for Christmas soon if DH has his way  :D
  • Bah!! Christmas doesn’t go up until the Friday after Thanksgiving!!

I actually try to go big for each month (with larger themes throughout the seasons)...we host a monthly poker game of 30 dudes, so I like to show off. 
  • Ha, my Thanksgiving/ Fall décor consists entirely of placemats for the "formal" dining room, ie: never used...that I sewed a few weeks ago that have leaves on one side and holly on the other so I can quickly flip over come the day after T-giving.
  • Omg I just had to run to Joann’s for some painting supplies and it was like Christmas had exploded in there. Not even an honorary fall aisle left! Everyone will be burnt out on Christmas before December at this rate. As much as I’m looking forward to it I’m not ready to completely skip the rest of fall!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • I'm itching to get my Christmas decor out too, but I won't. 1. Because we cut our treee down and I don't know if it would survive that long and 2. As much as I love (and go pretty all out) my Christmas stuff, by January 1, I'm ready to have my uncluttered house back. 
  • Oh I am the exact opposite, HAHA! After having so much fun decor for months, my house seems so plain to me after the holiday decor goes away. For that reason, I've even started accumulating quite a bit of valentine decor haha!! I have to ease back into my regular house. 
  • @ldsjm123 - Same!  We always cut our tree down the Saturday morning after T-giving at this picturesque tree farm.  Pick up some bbq on the way home then have everyone over for the OSU vs m*ch!g@n game and the decorating begins.  Jan 1- it comes down.  I'm ready by that point to have my house back to normal though and not have to try and remmebr to water the tree or sweep up the needles, etc.
  • I'm all for decorating the weekend of Thanksgiving! DH's argument though is that we'll be gone at my parents' that weekend, so why not get it done sooner so we can enjoy it longer? We also only have an artificial tree so I can't even bring up the point of the tree dying. Sigh. We'll see what happens. I do put my foot down though that there is no Christmas music in our apartment until December 1st!
  • Christmas stresses me out!!!   But fun though.  Anybody worry that our baby's and xmas decor won't mesh this year?  Elijah was not mobile last year....  Im hoping he doesn't tear everything up!

Has anybody heard of wrapping 25 xmas gifts and letting baby open one per day in December?  Trying to decide if this is a great idea or more work for me haha.
  • Halloween was our trial run with safety and new trinkets. She hasn't really acknowledged it. I must say I'm shocked! Hoping we're as lucky with Christmas. She's definitely in a phase of looking right at you, SMILING, and doing what you're asking her not to do. Really don't want to have to battle that with our Christmas decor! Ugh!! Gotta love toddler independence lol. 
  • Yeah I fully expect P to pull the Christmas tree over the first day we put it up. Probably will need to do a progressive decorating method to work our way up to breakable ornaments depending on whether he’s able to leave stuff alone. We have friends who put their trees up on coffee tables lol
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15