February 2018 Moms
Options

Activity Accountability Friday (w/o Nov 3)

Hi Ladies! Judging by the weekly symptoms thread, I'm sure staying active is something we're all struggling with right now... let's try to keep each other motivated to continue moving in whatever way works for us!

How did you do with this week's activity goals?

What are your goals for the coming week?

What is one piece of gear that has helped you stay active this pregnancy (a support belt, heart rate monitor, new shoes, etc.)?

Re: Activity Accountability Friday (w/o Nov 3)

• Options
    I’ve run/walked three times this week...need to dig out my support belt desperately! Going hiking at Zion this weekend with my husband and boys; never been there before and can’t wait!
  • Options
    I did a prenatal beach body workout both yesterday and today so, so far, so good this week

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How did you do with this week's activity goals?
    I got in 2 days so far. I’ll probably get something else in on the weekend. I’m trying to keep it at 3.

What are your goals for the coming week?
    To just keep trucking along lol. 

What is one piece of gear that has helped you stay active this pregnancy (a support belt, heart rate monitor, new shoes, etc.)?
    Actually it was different movement. My hip has been killing me, so I did my usual walk/run followed by yoga the next day. And I feel fine today! I will say my most useful gear though has been the heart monitor on my Apple Watch. But I’ve had that for some time.
  • Options
    sabriel1 said:
    I did a prenatal beach body workout both yesterday and today so, so far, so good this week
    Was that the active maternity or yoga? 
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:
    sabriel1 said:
    Was that the active maternity or yoga? 
    It was the first and second trimester active maternity videos

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    I think I’m FINALLY feeling that 2nd tri energy. I went back to prenatal yoga this week and the instructor this time was amazing. Of course, she’s only teaching for a few more weeks. My goal is to go back 3 times next week.
  • Options
    @sabriel1 do you need a Beach Body membership for the maternity videos? Or do you have them on DVD?

I struggled to motivate at the end of last week and beginning of this week, and finally got myself back in the swing of things on Tuesday.  I noticed how much better I actually feel (less achiness in my pelvis and significantly improved sleep) on the days I do something as compared to the days I took off, so that is good motivation to at least go for a long walk when I feel like doing nothing.  Goal for next week is to run (or run/walk) 3 days, bike 1, swim 1, and walk on the other days.

I started using a support belt for running a couple weeks ago and it's been the biggest game changer for me so far! I was skeptical (and hate making maternity-specific purchases this late in the game), but I'm glad I pulled the trigger.
  • Options
    @psm2462 I think you can probably find them online streaming for free. I have beach body on demand that my husband and I share but it is super cheap (and cheaper in the States than it is here in Canada) in my opinion. We get our money with because he does workouts with it as well.

• Options
    I started active maternity first and beginning 2 trimester. I need to get back to it