June 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms Thread│week of 10.30

Re: Symptoms Thread│week of 10.30

• Options
    Lol at MRSA.  Might have to go that route though. You are wise, @doxiemoxie212
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The breakouts.. ugh! I'm scared. With DS, my whooole back broke out for the second half of the pregnancy. Bigger ones too. The fact it was summer didn't help I'm sure. But it was def pregnancy cause that never happens. So far, I've only found one.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Dashaina was it you that experienced the milk duct thing under your arms? Because I definitely experienced that last night as well! Glad I remembered you talking about it otherwise I would've been SO confused! 

My symptoms have been weird. No nausea and the suddenly, BAM. Hadn't puked in about a week and then found myself at the toilet after simply brushing my teeth. My boobs are still sore, just not AS sore. And the sinus thing.. oh my word. My throat is killling me by morning. I don't remember that starting this early when I was pg with DD
  • Options
    @zamora_spin @llamamama14 I didn't break out with my last pregnancy, so this is new to me...but I am happy to blame hormones rather than my serious Froot Loop problem. Which is now also becoming a Frosted Flakes problem.
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    carolina-girlcarolina-girl member
    edited October 2017
    I am super fatigued after having had energy for ONE day on Saturday :( I am currently 6+6 and had my first appointment with ultrasound last week. As per doc everything looks fine and due date is 6/20. I feel EXTREMELY bloated and cannot stand to wear pants anymore sigh. I am so early on, why am i already feeling like I am getting bigger sigh. It's probably the bloating. Just in a blah state and can't do much apart from work and commute. then i am wiped out. Oh and my boobs are insanely sore and I could swear they have grown already. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 | DH: 38
    Met: July 2015
    Married: May 2017
    TTC #1 since June 2017
  • Options
    I'm already thinking I need to get some maternity work pants for the day when my others don't button. Considering we have thanksgiving in a few weeks and all this Halloween candy, it may be sooner than I think! 
  • Options
    Everyone has been complaining about constipation but I had the opposite this morning and now my PGAL brain is in full swing. I’m also feeling relatively normal (after two weeks of feeling like complete poo) - I’m only mildly nauseous (I did up my dosage on my Diclegis though) and I’m not super burnt out exhausted - so that’s not helping :( 
  • Options
    Very tired and so much heartburn..also going pee a lot
  • Options
    @BurlapandLace I've read on other BMBs that some women get diarrhea instead of morning sickness, if that makes you feel better, lol. 
  • Options
    @burlapandlace I had constipation for about a week and then diarrhea for about a week.  It seems to have leveled off now.  I think hormones just mess up your digestive system all sorts of ways.

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The past 2 days I’ve felt like I can’t drink enough water. I’m not thirsty but when I start drinking, I don’t want to stop. Of course, this is making me have more frequent trips to the bathroom. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I read this recently: "In the first trimester, increased levels of progesterone may make breathing a bit difficult at times as your body adjusts to new hormonal levels." 
    https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-body/aches-pains/pregnancy-shortness-of-breath/
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 ~ I’m having the opposite problem. I’m thirsty and I know I need to be drinking WAY more water than I am. But liquids (along with most everything else) makes me nauseous. 
  • Options
    I’m 7 weeks today according to my adjusted due date after the US. Been having daily “morning sickness” on and off throughout the day. If I get too hungry, I start feeling sick. If I eat too much, I start feeling sick. Lol. I kind of feel bloated often as well, and I seem to get back pain by the end of the day. Mild heartburn at night. Baby is only the size of a blueberry, but I guess since it is my third, my body is remembering what to do and kicking all the symptoms into motion already.
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 plus one on the short of breath 
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @BurlapandLace If it makes you feel any better with my son I didn't have 1st trimester constipation. That wasn't a thing for me till later on. I didn't really have morning sickness or anything either. What I did have though was so much diarrhea. It was awful. I had a week or two where I felt chained to my bathroom. My OB said something about how the diarrhea is how some ladies handle the hormone changes during pregnancy. Instead of getting nausea and vomiting they get diarrhea. I have no idea if that's true or not but it sure seemed true for me. I know PGAL brain is the worst. It's basically impossible to not worry over anything and everything with PGAL brain. But try not to worry. <3 Everything is probably just fine. Even though I has basically no 1st tri symptoms with my son he's perfectly healthy and wonderful so everything was just fine.

@kbrown2385 Ugh I had that with my son. Drinking an electrolyte mix helped, for whatever reason. Maybe try that? My doctor said that if you're low on electrolytes it can make you feel like you're just so thirsty and no amount of water makes it better. This time around I haven't really had that. I was more thirsty than normal before the nausea kicked in but drinking water was pretty satisfying. I'll definitely take that over the whole "I'm so damn thirsty and no amount of water makes it even a tiny bit better!" thing.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Super dry and flaky scalp. Any suggestions ladies? Head and shoulders isn’t cutting it. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lisa2589 this may sound weird.. but doing an apple cider vinegar rinse always helps my scalp! 
  • Options
    I'm checking the box for actual puking this pregnancy. Also, I now realize how much I need to figure out kegels... thanks first pregnancy/delivery   >_>
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sabby2 I'm right there with you on the kegels. I'm really hoping I don't have to check the box for actual puking. I'm definitely checking the box for actual morning sickness though. I've had severe nausea 24/7 for about a week now. I keep thinking back to my pregnancy with my son when my "morning sickness" was a rare wave of mild nausea every couple of days where I'd think "huh I'm a little queasy" and then proceed to stuff my face with food. And when I think back I go "I was so lucky and I had no idea. I thought that was morning sickness! That's hilarious."
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @RNMegan0711 yes I occasionally get the worse headaches! I hope you get some relief with the nausea soon. I feel most nauseous when I’m hungry.

• Options
    I can join the club for throwing up during this pregnancy. That was me yesterday, but thankfully not yet today.

I'm also getting more irritable, which is awesome. I was already pretty irritable the past few weeks, but today I'm in no mood to pretend to be nice. Ugh . 

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @izza2 I am SO irritable! I know some of it is pregnancy but I'm wondering how much of it is stress and my anxiety.  Anger and irritability is definitely one of the ways my anxiety manifests itself.

I'm sleeping like total crap too. I'm up half the night because of crazy dreams or ruminations about work, ect.  The black circles under my eyes are here to stay, I think.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sunshineandwhiskey the only good thing about DE, especially with my makeup obsession, is no sales tax! hahah. I miss that for suuuuuuuure. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Insomnia is killing me. And the nausea. I can't pin point when it will happen. It's on and off throughout the day. 

The worst right now is the crying. I feel like a giant baby. I am always the super tough determined one who takes care of everyone and everything (which is why all of my friends have called me Mama Missy since we were kids). I was never a crier. Now?? I can't handle a fuggin' thing. Every morning at 6 am, I ugly cry the whole drive to work. Then, throughout the day, I'll try to silently sob at my desk. DOES THIS END? 

• Options
    My nausea has turned into puking  :'( I was so hoping to avoid it this pregnancy even though I knew that was wishful thinking.  Miserable!
  • Options
    Other than my boobs feeling the size of basketballs and my face looking like a 13 yo teenager with all these zits everywhere, I'm not feeling too bad. Nausea is touch and go usually occurs after dinner, have only really gotten sick once and that was last week. I have a formal wedding to go to in December and I started looking at long dresses that could possibly accommodate a growing bump and I just feel like everything looks blah right now. I already had to bust out the maternity jeans because the bloating is real, so that about sums it up! I'm looking forward to seeing this little nugget in a couple weeks! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @basemodel I was freezing 24/7.  Now I am either freezing or sweating.  
  • Options
    The main symptoms I've had are dry skin/chapped lips, on and off light cramping (which seems to have stopped), insomnia some nights and fine others as well as constipation. I'm waiting for the nausea to hit but it hasnt yet. I'll be 6 weeks on Friday and it's my first pregnancy. Does this seem nornal for now? First appt/ultrasound is in 3 weeks.
  • Options
    @basemodel YES!! I have been freezing constantly! I can't figure it out! I will have sweatpants, sweatshirt, and a blanket on and I'm still frozen...our house is set at 70 which I don't think is that cold, and DH seems to be fine in his shorts and t-shirt... :D
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Oh yeah, @carlym1031, those are all normal symptoms. They may come and go and tomorrow may be different from today.
    Nov Sig Chall

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    To all my friends here with nausea. Try diclegis. Or if insurance doesn’t cover it try the OTC version of it, unisom + b6 combo. I have been on it for a week now and am so excited how it’s working. I had another scan yesterday and I was nervous because my nausea had miraculously disappeared 2 days ago, about the time I said I was dying in my last symptom post. The baby is fine so nausea disappearing didn’t mean that!  It took about a week to kick in. I’m still dealing with low blood sugar but I feel so so much better! Just putting it out there! 
  • Options
    @tammy574 does it make you groggy? 1 of the 25 mg unisom makes me tired af. I've only taken it at night. I saw some ladies talk about taking it during the day. I would fall asleep on my desk lol. 
  • Options
    @missylaneous419 +1 for emotional!  It started just a couple days ago for me (I'm somewhere between 7+6 and 8+4).  I've been having really anxious and stressful dreams that leave me feeling really emotional during the day.  Last night I just didn't really sleep at all, but it was nice to lie there without that feeling of dread for once.  I hope this goes away :(

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @missylaneous419 If you are doing the otc you have to take the correct type and dosage! So the 25 mg scored tablets (NOT gells) you split in half to get you 12.5 mg. The exact diclegis dosage is 10 mg so to help further crumble a small bit more off of the half. Take it at least an hour before bedtime and by morning the grogginess is gone. Take the b6 at least 2 to 3 times a day. With meals works good. Do this for one week solid before you reevaluate your nausea. 
  • Options
    @missylaneous419 the unisom b6 is for real my savior. I've been taking since Saturday and between yesterday and today so far so good no nausea and my food aversion is less! So, it does take a few days of consistency to work! 25 mg of unisom (make sure it's the one with active ingredient doxylamine succinate) knocks me out for the entire day after taking, last two days I take half tab at night which allows me to function next day. I do vitamin b6 25mg three times daily. You can have up to 200mg per day so you can increase if desired effects aren't felt within 4-5 days.

Even with the unisom I wake for about 2-3 hours nightly tossing and turning falling asleep right in time for alarm clock....grrr

Also, totally went from hysterical, never heard something so funny my husband said on Sunday into immediate ugly cry... Really weird, husband was like wow hormones. It was such a weird sensation and very unsettling. Hang in there, everyone says it'll get better!
  • Options
    Like @stephcat421 said, another upside is the half-tab/10mg unisom is, it helps me sleep for at least the first half of the night! I have insomnia when pg so a half night is nice!