June 2018 Moms

Symptoms Thread│week of 10.30

How are you feeling? 
*TW LC*
Me & MH: 32
DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
TTC #2: 12/2019
Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

Re: Symptoms Thread│week of 10.30

• I've had few symptoms this past week I am 8 weeks 1 day and really concerned. This is my first pregnancy. Had an ultrasound a week ago and baby had a hearbeat of 115 but the OB said safe zone was 120 bpm and that wouldn't happen for another week...
  • @AlexisandZac it’s normal to feel nervous during pregnancy.  Seeing the heartbeat on the U/S is a big milestone - try to enjoy it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow and I'm nervous because nausea hit head on last night. I woke up at 2am with a splitting migraine that made me throw up from the pain. Got to work this morning and felt terrible, ate breakfast and ended up throwing that up two hours later. Anyone else having headaches?? Ugh! 
    DH - 24; Me: 26
    Married 3/7/15
    Expecting Baby #1: 06/06/2016
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @RNMegan0711 they can be very common :( I hope you get some relief soon!!
  • TW- I had a small pea sized jelly like clump on underwear today -END TW

Is this normal? I am an anxious first timer so I have lots of questions when anything new happens! 
  • @AlexisandZac I know how worrisome that is but rest assured that if your OB isn't panicking, you shouldn't either. :smile: There is plenty of time yet for little slowpokes to catch up!

I'm 8 weeks 1 day today, too, and man has the round ligament pain set in something fierce. I didn't even feel that particular pang until late in the second tri my first time. The Mayo Clinic book calls this the "warmed up effect", like a flucking balloon that's already been blown up and that's easier to blow up the second time around. THANKS, MAYO.

All-day, every day nausea is still going strong but heartburn has calmed down. Still very exhausted and mad at everything, at my super-sensitive sense of smell is making me mad/sick to my stomach all the time. I'm trying to pretend that food just doesn't exist. Thinking about eating makes me all icky.
    Nov Sig Chall

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm just straight up miserable all the time. And also nauseated all the time. It's been an ordeal just keeping the kids in good form so I feel like I'm barely treading water. Thank goodness DH is home now so he can help. 
    Also, I can't eat more than 2 bites without feeling sick. I always lose weight in the first tri. I have weight to lose, but it's still not great.
  • @tudalu2516 prepare for lots of discharge throughout the whole pregnancy. it's totally normal as long as your not experiencing any pain or itching or other warning signs. most discharge during pregnancy is normal. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 6w3d today and no symptoms. The main symptom I did have, sore breasts, is gone. It's got me worried but I'm trying to chill. 2 weeks til ultrasound!
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm full of zits, guys. Hard to say if this is related to pregnancy hormones, or if it's because my sugar intake is through the roof now that I'm eating face-sized bowls of Froot Loops for 50 percent of my meals.
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • reikotxmreikotxm member
    edited October 2017
    Still the same as the week before. Boobs feel super heavy, sensitive and sore. I have to have a sports bra on all the time to help with it all. I'm sleepy at random times. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS: born Feb 2012
    BFP #1 Aug '15. EDD 4/25/16, MMC Dec '15, D&E Dec '15
    BFP #2 Sept '17  EDD 6/18/18
    praying for our rainbow baby
  • @tudalu2516 prepare for lots of discharge throughout the whole pregnancy. it's totally normal as long as your not experiencing any pain or itching or other warning signs. most discharge during pregnancy is normal. 
    Agreed. If it was a clump of neutral looking and smelling vaginal discharge - welcome to the “swamp crotch”’stage of pregnancy! This is where you will be going about your day, feel a sudden “wet” feeling and think the worst, only to find your girl parts are simply working overtime to grow that baby. Mine started last week. Invest in some panty liners so you’ll be more comfortable. It’ll calm down in a few weeks. 
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am 5 weeks and having a lot of gas pains a  few hours after I eat. It doesn't seem to matter what I eat, I still have gas. Sometimes the pain makes me nauseous. It last maybe 5 to10 mins but I can barely move. It's making me not want to eat. Anyone have anything similar? 
  • Most days I'm very pretty good!  I'm tired, but usually am, so that's pretty normal for me.  The hardest thing right now is probably the insomnia at night!  I see most hours after midnight...probably another reason I'm so tired.  Nausea (maybe I'll be able to spell that right by the time I'm done with it) comes and goes so I will not complain about that although usually it's in the evenings after supper.  Boobs are kind of sore, but not too sore to sleep on still.  Overall, feeling some symptoms to feel confident but good enough I can still function.  
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @rbkutie23 the digestion issues that come with pregnancy are horrible :( 
  • Swamp crotch is real and can last the whole time. Things get real down there. Make sure you’ve got plenty of underwear and liners. 

As for me, I am still just so tired. All I want to do is sleep. If I’m not napping, I’m thinking about how I want to. RLP wasted no time this time around. I forgot how mean it is with its knifey pain when you’re just innocently coughing or trying to roll over in bed. Stabby stab stab. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Ash9614 @Lilpenguin3 thanks ladies! I have been getting the normal watery discharge but this literally looked like snot and was really stretchy.  Again, a tiny bit but I just overthink everything until I am out of this first trimester! 

I am going to get pantyliners tonight!
  • Super sensitive to smells. I have to hold my breath every time I open the fridge because one of DH’s clients sent home some sausage with him and OMG it’s too much. 
    Also yes to the round ligament pain already too!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PatientlyWaiting10 The insomnia is killing me too. I'm having the hardest time getting back to sleep after DS wakes to nurse in motn. Definitely not helping my exhaustion level.   
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I. Am. So. Tired. At least the diclectin has helped the nausea a bit. But oh my. $150/100 pills.
  • I saw sausage and now all I want is summer sausage and crackers. Is that even safe in pregnancy?  
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Took naps during both of DS’s naptimes today because...tired. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just really feeling like crap. I keep thinking I want foods, mostly savory flavors and I can only manage a few bites before everything wants to come back up. Ive had regular cramps on and off the last week or so, and the last couple of days I've had an extremely sharp pain on my right side just below my ribs. Since it hasn't gone away Im going to call my doc tomorrow, hoping its an air bubble or something thats trapped. 
  • @tepr14 Sorry you feel crappy. Are you takung anything forvtge nausea? The rib pain sounds like gas pain. Everything slows down so much. 
  • zamoraspinzamoraspin member
    edited October 2017
    @MoonOverGoldsboro I would put money on hormones for the zits. I have probably 20 tiny pimples on my face right now. I haven’t broken out like this since my teen years. 
  • @llamamama14 yeah, those are what I figured. I am the patient that I always feared during triage calls, lol. I have weird questions that I never know the answer for off the top of my head.  It's probably something I would eat in moderation or very ocassionally.

@tepr14 feel better lady!  I seem to always feel like absolute crap on the weekends. 

Re: skin. Mine was bad for a bit and I'm still getting ocassional zits here and there.  I've found a good routine so far and it's keeping my skin looking glowing and fairly clear.  What I want is to find a good sheet mask.  My skin is definitely drier right now and the cold weather is making it worse.  @doxiemoxie212 do I remember you also loving sheet masks?
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @llamamama14 That's what Im thinking! I haven't been taking anything just eating crackers every few hours which is helping. 

@sabby2 Right?! I think its because Im not as "on the go" and dont have my weekday distractions. 
  • @sabby2 yes, I love sheet masks! But I'm picky about them because often they have scents that are too strong. I like the Farmacy ones, but certain varieties have too much scent for me. I want to find a fun unscented one! 
  • @doxiemoxie212 I like some of the Tony Moly ones since they don't have too strong of scents.  I was considering picking up some hyaluronic acid masks to try and get some moisture back in muh face.  Where do you get your Farmacy masks from?
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @sabby2 I get them from Sephora (online). I like the hydration one and the.... brightening one, I think? There are also these super weird "dry" sheet masks. Have you heard of them? I've seen some videos on them. I want to say Charlotte Tilbury makes one? I'll have to try the Tony Moly ones. I have only really seen their lip balm which is in such a cute package. 

Re: hydration, if you have really dry skin (I do) the best winter moisturizer I've found is the Lala Retro moisturizer from Drunk Elephant. I'm obsessed with everything from DE, but seriously, that moisturizer is insanely moisturizing. Definitely don't think anyone without dry skin would like it, but for me in winter it's like.... it is all things. Holy grail. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 I am definitely not normally dry skin.  Still oily but I can tell I'm lacking some hydration. I love skin care!  It's super interesting!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Sitting here tonight and my left boob is just aching, I’m nauseous, and sleepy like I didn’t sleep all night and take two naps today. First time really having some boob pain thus far. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • krash_krash_ member
    edited October 2017
    @sabby2 I am usually quite oily however in the winter I also like the Drunk Elephant whipped moisturizer, the Belif aqua bomb or Tarte maracuja oil. If you have a Sephora near by, you can go in and they will give you a pretty generous sample to try before you buy. 

For sheet masks I really like the Sephora brand ones. I don’t find that they are too heavily scented. I also save the packet it came in and the next night I will use whatever product is left over like a serum. 

I have ave been breaking out more as well but I can’t say it’s because of being pregnant because I’ve been lazy with my skin care recently. 

ETA autocorrect 
    *TW LC*

• @krashke I also do the serum trick with my masks.I don't have a sephora near.  There's an ulta so I could check there (or order online).  I've heard good things about DE, so I probably need to check those out.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @sabby2 I honestly don’t think I would survive without a Sephora close...
    *TW LC*

• @zamora_spin @MoonOverGoldsboro my skin breaks out in early pregnancy then calms down. Usually before 1st tri. is over. (This is my 3rd.) Because...hormones. 
  • @sabby2 when you said DE I thought you meant Delaware. And in my head I was like, “who hears good things about DE?!?”  Alas, I see it’s about the Drunk Elephant. Oy. Brain. Go home. 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sabby2 order online! Seriously, I use ebates (which if y'all don't have, you are doing shopping wrong) so I get like 8% cash back there, and I just order in $35 increments (I am VIB Rouge, sigh, but if you're reg VIB, order in $50 increments for free shipping) so I qualify for the deluxe samples. I don't buy mascara anymore because I just order when they have good samples! And you can return ANYTHING within 60 days. Anything. So try stuff for a week, see if you really like it, don't risk getting MRSA from the store samples, and love your life!  :D