March 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Ticker Change (10/28-10/29)

Happy Weekend Ladies!

1-How far along are you? How big is baby?

2-How are you feeling?

3-What's going on this week? Any appointments?

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:

5-GTKY: When you were little (under age 10), what did you want to be when you grew up?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekend Ticker Change (10/28-10/29)

• Options
    -How far along are you? How big is baby? 22 weeks today! Baby is the size of a coconut.

2-How are you feeling? Constipation like none other. I don't know how much more
    water I can drink. Guess it's time for more fiber, yum yum. Can't get comfortable at night either.

3-What's going on this week? Any appointments? Nope.

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:

5-GTKY: When you were little (under age 10), what did you want to be when you grew up? I guess you could say I'm living the dream lol  I've always wanted to be a nurse for as long as I can remember. I'm third generation RN so it is kind of in the blood  ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I’m 21 weeks and baby is the size of a endive. I’m not really sure what that is.
    2-How are you feeling?
    I feel great and was actually really productive!
    Nothing this week.
    4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    We found the crib and dresser we want to get this little one. We also decided on the double stroller we will be getting! Which makes me excited because it’s so overwhelming to me looking at baby things.
    5-GTKY: When you were little (under age 10), what did you want to be when you grew up?
    I wanted to be a vet! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    19 weeks today - mango 

2-How are you feeling?
    Feeling ok. I get lower back pain when I do Zumba and my shoulder hurt this week from sleeping on it funny, so aches and pains, really. LO is all a flutter in there, too!

Nope...one more week til my a/s!!

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Pretty sure my DD already hates me! LOL She just turned 2 and has her lil 'tude amped up. It happens mostly when MIL is around, so I know that has something to do with it, but I try not to let it get to me too bad. When she is sweet on me, I just eat it up - especially when she gives me hugs and kisses before bed. She is a sweet girl most of the time but MAN she wears me out!!

A news anchor. I majored in Journalism but work in Marketing so I guess I made it about halfway there. 
  • Options
    ashleyf911ashleyf911 member
    edited October 2017
    22 weeks! Baby is the size of a coconut, an ear of corn, or a water bottle, according to my various trackers.

2-How are you feeling?
    My hips are killing me, especially right in the pubic bone area. It didn't hurt like this with DS until later in the third trimester.  :|

No appointments! I'm on vacation from work and I have a prenatal massage and float therapy session scheduled for tomorrow, so I'm hoping that helps with my hip pain. 

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    We are potty training my 2.5 year old since Friday because I'm on vacation. Enough said, lol.

2 things - first a doctor, and I actually wound up going pre-med in college and decided it wasn't for me. I was also fascinated with the Rescue 911 show in elementary school and wanted to be a 911 dispatcher... which is what I wound up doing.  <3
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    20 weeks today. Banana 

2-How are you feeling?
    Ok most of the time. Back aches and achy legs when I work, but that’s to be expected. Heartburn like no other. Zantac is my best friend. Baby also rolls and kicks pretty aggressively, she’s made me vomit with blows to the stomach so that’s fun. Hoping it passes as she grows. 

Our AS is on Tuesday. We had an early scan at 14 weeks that said girl and that she was measuring on the bigger side. Can’t wait to know that she is all healthy and growing like she should. Also curious to see if anything has dropped between 14-20 weeks lol

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    None right now. 

I don’t wanted to be a veterinarian until I was 6, then realized I didn’t like cats or sick animals. So I decided on a nurse and I graduate in February from school to be one. 
  • Options

19 weeks, Mango!
    2-How are you feeling?
     Good. Night sickness is still light but survivable.
    No appointments this week. Anatomy U/S a week from Monday though!
    4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    So excited to find out what we are having! I need to know what my baby is and if all is going well!
    I wanted to be a vet. Not so much when I got older though and realized that animals died and sometimes that would be at my hands
  • Options
    22 weeks, a spaghetti squash or a guinea pig.
    2-How are you feeling?
    Hahaha terrible! Migraines, vomiting, my back and hips hurt, my blood pressure is still scary high even on bp. meds. I have to do an early 1 hour glucose test next week because my urine showed elevated glucose yesterday.
    I didn't have any planned, but I spent yesterday in labor and delivery triage at the hospital because I had a migraine that was so out of control that I couldn't hydrate with the constant vomiting :/ I got an IV migraine "cocktail" which was magnesium sulphate, an anti nausea drug, a steroid I forget the name of, and lots of fluids. it was absolutely amazing, as soon as it started to work I fell asleep and when I woke up an hour or so later my migraine was gone. I wish there were a do it yourself version.
    4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I am feeling a fair amount of movement finally! still not at all in the front where the placenta is, but lots of low down movement and yesterday a big swooping feeling like he maybe turned over. it fixed the whole day for me. 
    So many things, lol, and most of them weren't things that actually would, like, pay money. I lived in a tent for 2 years in Hawaii traveling and working on organic farms, I went to art school and dropped out, and I groomed dogs for a few years, so I experienced all the general categories I was interested in, but ultimately I didn't want to depend on any of them to make a living. 
  • Options
    So scary @leilaquinn girl I hope you start feeling better  <3<3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ashleyf911ashleyf911 member
    edited October 2017
    @leilaquinn girl. You have had a rough time of it lately. Hope things start getting better for you so you can enjoy this a little more!  And... living in a tent and working on organic farms in Hawaii sounds absolutely amazing. I'm kinda jealous. 

@Gingermom15 @kelsajo same on the vet thing! It would be a fun job sometimes... but so heartbreaking, too. 

@cford08 I considered nursing after quitting pre-med because my mom is a nurse... but I got through 2 semesters and was like, NOPE, lol. I'm not nearly compassionate enough! My favorite part was the cadaver lab.  :D  I think I would have loved to be a forensic pathologist, I just wasn't patient enough to get through all the schooling.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm with you all the way @leilaquinn it sucks right now but our payoff is well worth it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1-How far along are you? How big is baby? 19 weeks, babies are the size of GameBoys (because I'm a nerd lol)

2-How are you feeling? Round ligament pain sucks, and I'm constantly exhausted.

3-What's going on this week? Any appointments? Not this week, AS is next Tuesday, but the reveal party isn't for another 2 weeks.

4-Rants/Raves/Questions: Any advice for getting 90 grams of protein a day? It's a lot harder than I thought and I'm not sure which protein shakes are safe.

5-GTKY: When you were little (under age 10), what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a teacher, but knowing the politics now I'm glad I didn't go into it.
    Met 2004, Married 2011, Trying since 2013. Info in spoiler:

BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 30
    Diagnosed with PCOS, later changed to unexplained anovulation due to high prolactin and normal testosterone levels
    Him: 31
    High sperm count (yay!) but also super high fluid volume (boo!)
    First IUI, Clomid and Follistim: 11/29-BFN
    Second IUI, Femara and Follistim: 12/29-BFN
    Third IUI, Femara and Gonal-F (and Follistim): 1/28 BFN
    Fourth IUI, Femara and Gonal-F: 7/23 BFN
    IVF 1: Femara and Gonal-F: 1/23/2017
    Beta Study:
    Beta #1: 1/28/2017 4.1
    Beta #2: 1/30/2017 34
    Beta #3: 2/1/2017 131
    Beta #4: 2/3/2017 476
    Ultrasound: 2/14/17-Twin Etopic Pregnancy, surgery to remove right fallopian tube on 2/17/2017
    FET 2: Femara, Gonal-F, and Clomid: Cycle Canceled due to low progesterone
    FET 3: July 7, Femara, Gonal-F, Clomid-BFP!!!!!! Due March 2018
    https://desertratpack.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Sorry I'm late to the party!! This weekend was super busy for me.

1-How far along are you? 
    How big is baby?
    20 weeks yesterday - a banana!

2-How are you feeling?
    Overall, pretty good. I'm tired and have started getting some lower back pain, but I'm not sure that's pregnancy-related because I still don't really have a bump.

Nothing this week.

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    We finally decided on daycare. Hallelujah! However, the earliest availability they have right now is August. I have to go back to work mid-June assuming baby is born at 40 weeks, so unless something opens up earlier, it looks like my mom will be moving in with us for the summer. She lives in a different state, but she's a teacher and said she could spend her summer watching the baby if needed. I'm super grateful and appreciative, but that's going to be quite a lot of changes for my husband and I in a short time. Wish us luck! haha

When I was little little, I wanted to be a school bus driver. Then I changed my mind to vet until I realized I'd have to put animals to sleep. I ended up an engineer, sooooo not related whatsoever.

@leilaquinn sorry you've been feeling so crummy. I hope you start feeling better soon! Yes it will all be worth it of course, but it'd be nice if you didn't feel miserable the entire time!
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 Congrats on finding a daycare! I know that has to be a big relief. 

@leilaquinn I hope you start feeling better soon! 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Thanks, @muggle621! Yes, I'm really glad to have that decision behind us now. As long as I don't think about how much it costs, I'm happy! ha
  • Options
    @amanning2011 I'll have to tell my fiance that our baby at 19 weeks is the size of a gameboy. He'll get a kick out of it. :)

1-How far along are you? 
    How big is baby? 19 weeks on Sunday, the size of a mango!

2-How are you feeling? Overall, I feel fine - I just have pressure above my belly button and have realized my posture is partially to blame. I also have been having another acne breakout, no fun.

3-What's going on this week? Any appointments? Just sitting here super excited and anxious for my anatomy scan a week from today.

4-Rants/Raves/Questions: Found out my mom still thinks I'm having multiples - to the point that she's basically telling my friends that the doctor is wrong. Why can't she just be happy with the already determined solo baby?

5-GTKY: When you were little (under age 10), what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a scientist. It migrated into wanting to become a chemist, and then I realized I really didn't find chemistry all that fascinating. Instead I got into computer science and now work in the computer industry.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• Options
    Sorry I'm so late this week! I had a rough weekend and then had to catch up on all the things these last two days. 

1-How far along are you? How big is baby? 19 weeks, mango!

2-How are you feeling? Like a vollyball! lol  had really bad hip/groin pain after too much shopping this weekend. But I'm much better now, though I'm still having trouble sleeping because it is so painful to roll over. 

3-What's going on this week? Any appointments? Only appointment this week was with the chiropractor which fixes my pain issues! So I'll be seeing him once a week for a few more weeks. We'll see what's necessary. A/S is next week. 

4-Rants/Raves/Questions: I am also feeling overwhelmed by all the decisions about baby stuff, on top of caring for myself while I still can. ;) 

I remember other people telling me what I should be (vet, teacher), but I don't remember what I really wanted. One of my dad's fav stories to tell about me though is from when I was around 5. They repaved the road we lived on, and at the end, the guy who drove the steam roller was a very large black man. I pointed and said "Daddy I want to be him when I grow up." which my dad thinks is funny just bc you can't grow up to be somebody else. My dream of driving a steam roller is yet to be fulfilled! 

BabyFruit Ticker