Options

Symptoms Week of October 22

2»

Re: Symptoms Week of October 22

• Options
    Headaches and insomnia.  Not cool.
    November Siggy Challenge

• Options
    My insides feel terrible after 8 weeks of eating mostly bread.  Today I can finally start getting fruit down
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ivyvines6 thank you!! I'm definitely trying that. I got into pigeon pose last night and it seemed to alleviate some of it but I think it would be good to try a few poses to work it out
  • Options
    @justsuzie not that I can recall no! but I'm not even sure it's actually spotting rather than just a stain or something, so I am aiming to remain calm.
  • Options
    My Dr put me on Diclegis to help with my all day sickness at the beginning of the month. But it’s got the same ingredients as Unisom. You would think that would mean I’m sleeping great, but sleep aids are counterproductive for me and I’m actually more restless at night now. I tried to start weaning myself off it since I’m 12 weeks come Friday and haven’t been feeling sick anymore. Threw up so hard on Monday but super alert. Back to zombie mode with a two year old. And my hormones might kill my husband. God help him. 
  • Options
    Alright y’all talk me through a ledge here. I’m a FTM and have consistently abnormally low platelet counts. Nothing that affects me on a daily basis and something that is monitored but not necessarily problematic in typical life. Now though knowing they’ll drop even more during pregnancy there’s a few things to think through (no prior risk of HELLP or anything). But the one I’m fixated on right now is No epidural. I’ve always said I wanted an epidural and now I’m super worried I won’t be able to handle the pain (I’m something of a wimp even though I try to be brave). Somebody help me. Who has done this naturally. I’ll have to be at a hospital for the risks so no crazy midwifery for me. Help!

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    @allie0320 I tried to go natural with my first, ended up with the epi (complicating factors, he was sunny side up so I did not progress).  I did go natural with my second.  If you think there's a chance that you may have to go natural, I do recommend preparing ahead of time!  Classes were useful for me, but the most useful thing was having my DH be all in with me.  He was excellent at advocating for me, especially for my long first labor when I was not able to advocate for myself.  If your husband can't do that for whatever reason (I totally get it, it's not something everyone can do!) I highly recommend a doula.
    November Siggy Challenge

• Options
    @tincupchalice Good, glad to prep him and make him do some of the work! He's really good at being supportive so hopefully he can follow through too!

@MLD912 I will pick that book up from the library tonight and look into it! Thank you!

@ivyvines6 I think you may have read my comment the wrong way. I'd LOVE to be a midwife center because by "crazy midwifery" I mean the magic they do but because of the complications, I'll be unable to have an epidural or deliver at a midwife center despite my preferences. 

@Pearlvirus inspirational birth stories may be exactly what I need right now. I'll look into it!

Thank you ladies for all the resources to look into! 

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    @allie0320 does your hospital offer nitrous oxide? that's a pain relief option outside of an epidural. I'm a FTM as well and have always thought about not getting an epidural because of the risks it could come with. I've heard positive stories about nitrous oxide.
  • Options
    sbaby2019sbaby2019 member
    edited October 2017
    Going to the bathroom is getting on my nerves.
    Peeing often, annoying.
    Going from constipation in the a.m. to sudden diarrhea, is super duper annoying.
    Ughhhh.
    Sorry for the TMI but I'm assuming I'm not alone haha. 
  • Options
    @babys_2018 not alone hahaha
  • Options
    Has anyone put any weight on yet? I am 11 weeks, and weighed in the same as I did 4 weeks ago. I am not worried so much as just curious as to what everyone else is experiencing...
  • Options
    @nikky8 I've actually lost 6 lbs since I for my bfp and 2 of that was between my 7 week u/s and my 10 week intake lol but I get full so fast that I'm not eating as much and anything dessert-y or too many carbs makes me so nauseous... pregnancy just turns out to be a good diet for me lol
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @nikky8 I've actually lost 6 lbs since I for my bfp and 2 of that was between my 7 week u/s and my 10 week intake lol but I get full so fast that I'm not eating as much and anything dessert-y or too many carbs makes me so nauseous... pregnancy just turns out to be a good diet for me lol
    Lol wow, I guess I sorta forgot some people would be losing because of ms. I am getting excited to start actually looking pregnant, I bought some maternity clothes and can't wait to try them out haha 
  • Options
    @nikky8 I had lost 7 lbs while I had morning sickness, but looks like I already gained 5 lbs back since my nausea subsided. 

I had read online that 1-5 lbs is an appropriate weight gain for first tri, and then 1 lb per week in 2nd tri? This is from Dr. Google, so just internet talk. I haven’t confirmed with my OB.
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    I'm starting this pregnancy off a little heavier than last time, so I'm glad I haven't gained any weight. Yet. I'm sure it's coming now that I have an actual appetite again!
  • Options
    Glad to see morning sickness slowing down for some! Around 8 weeks mine went from all day sickness to vomiting 1-2 times a day. Today just dry heaved once. I'm only 10+3 and with my first 2 I was sick until 16 weeks, so it's weird for me. I'm sure all is fine, but it does make me nervous. I'm able to eat more too, which is great, just nothing sounds good, so I need someone to tell me what to eat
    BabyFruit Ticker

June '14 February Siggy Challenge
    Picture of DH and I on top of Mayan ruins, Altun Ha, in Belize

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @silverhope 1-5 pounds is what I had been reading to, forgot to confirm with my doctor. Still a few weeks left in the first trimester so I am sure at least a pound or two will be gained by then.