January 2018 Moms

UO - 10/26

2»

Re: UO - 10/26

• @caeilievalor, I'm anti CIO, too. The thought of it makes me so sad. 

I babysit a set of twins and the moms begged me to not rock them to sleep, to just let them cry. It was almost a deal breaker for me. While I'm totally against it they're paying me to take care of their children-- if I was paying someone to watch my children I'd hope they were following my wishes. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @auntieraindrop I'd love to go to Maine. Where the actual real winter lives. I'd actually like to go to Washington State though where is cloudy and overcast every day of the year. 

Oh, yeah, Missourians are insane. We don't salt the roads until the ice is already there because what is prep work anyway? In my hometown, it was so small and everyone lived on gravel roads. If it even rained a little bit, schools closed down. We went completely insane over snow. And because the whole town was gravel based, everything was closed even when there wasn't snow anymore because the roads were still too bad to drive on. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Here the snow can be up to the hood of my car, and I still have to dig out and go to work. Ha. I quit a job once because I was living on a gravel road off a gravel road off a badly maintained back road, and I was in the snowbank so many times that winter and my supervisor just told me I should leave early so I could drive slower. I called her and quit from a hip deep ditch one morning when I had left so early it wasn't even light out yet and I still went off the road.
  • edited October 2017
    That is insane! I would have quit too. When we had Harvey come through here, DH's boss told everyone if they couldn't get to work because of the water, all they had to do was send a picture to prove it. I was like, what? I'm not sending my husband off to work in a hurricane, especially not when it's been raining for five straight days. And what was he gonna do, judge the level of water and determine our car should be able to drive through it anyway? Sometimes, bosses just have the weirdest ideas. 

Edit because spelling is hard.