June 2018 Moms

Weekday Randoms (week of 10/23)

13»

Re: Weekday Randoms (week of 10/23)

• @sunshineandwhiskey I can’t see anyone’s siggy on the app :(
  • @sunshineandwhiskey I go both ways...sometimes signatures help me to remember who people are, but at the same time, if they're giant and annoying then they just bother me and I end up hiding them.  I was on May '18 yesterday though and they were discussing it too.  
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • @krashke @Miz_Liz @PatientlyWaiting10 We could always come back to it next month too!  I saw it when I was lurking other BMBs yesterday and thought I'd throw it out there :) I could go either way on it too.  I use the app at home, and desktop at work so *shrug*

@krashke Frankie Ballards album was lifeeee when it first came out haha I'm so glad someone else knows the song!! 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So, I have a bag of Halloween Starbursts (Just Reds) in my desk at work. I just opened 4 packs in a row that were just two strawberries - no watermelon, no cherry, no fruit punch. I feel like this is a bad omen for my day. I hate the the strawberry flavor. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 you should’ve posted that in the UO. Strawberry is the best flavor!
  • @doxiemoxie212 I specifically didn't post it on UO because there's no way that's an UO!! :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  •  I'm really upset this morning.  We had an offer, contigent,  on a house we fell in love with. The offer expired on the 23rd.  Our house still hasn't sold and we didn't want to be in a limbo or make the owners pay twould mortgages. I just got notified on redfin it went to pending.  I knew that was going to be a huge possibility but I'm still sad about it.  The logical part of my brain is losing to the emotional side.  In my head, I still thought our house would sell and we'd resubmit. I told DH I don't want to see anymore houses until we get an offer. It's too hard when you fall in love with one and it goes to pending.  
  • @galactickates that sucks sorry! although last time we bought a house we were moving from an apartment so we didn't have to worry about selling, but buying was one heart break after another. The market around here is so hot that we would have to come in with our biggest and best offer within hours of a house being listed. We probably wrote 12 offers before we finally got one. 

FX your house sells soon. Would it be possible to take it off the market over the holidays and then start fresh in January? 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @krashke - I'm not sure what we're going to do to be honest.  We've talked about taking it off and waiting until Spring but we live right next to big companies like Nike and Intel and countless other tech companies.  They call it the Silicon Forest. We get a lot of buyers moving here year round because of it.  I think now that we're expecting we just want to get this over with. 

It just sucks because when we started and originally wanted to sell in April houses were moving in 7 days.  We're at 60 now.  We waited because we thought it would be too much to move and plan a wedding at once.  I'm still mad we waited.  

I think we're just going to ride it out and hope it sells.  I hate this :(
  • STM's.. how are your backs feeling? Mine has been absolutely killing me these past few days from lifting DD 100x a day. Mostly just mid-back. Went to the chiropractor yesterday and it didn't seem to help much.
  • @basemodel sounds like the best boss ever  :)
  • @bkrahn Mine is ok so far...with DS my back hurt without lifting anyone/thing so this time will be interesting.  I'm really hoping it doesn't bother me again.  I notice a big difference when I sit with good posture at work too...  
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @bkrahn oh no!  I hope it gets better for you.  Is it definitely muscular?  Sometimes things like gallstones can cause intense back pain.  
  • @Miz_Liz thanks girl! I'm pretty certain it's muscular, yeah. It gets worse anytime i bend down/ pick things up. 
    @PatientlyWaiting10 yes I've noticed that too! In general I have terrible posture, always slouching.. I'm trying to really pay attention to that now 
  • @galactickates I'm so sorry. That's a big let down.  If you stick it out at least you'll have plenty of time to sell, buy, and get settled before baby comes.

@bkrahn I have had back pain from lifting babies and pregnancy.   It's always better if I'm stronger. (I'm trying to be consistent about weight lifting classes at the gym this pregnancy.) 
  • Random - I'm beginning to wonder if either:
    • I missed the Second week of June due date thread and started my own check in without realizing it, OR
    • I'm the only person due the second week of June.
    Just kidding.  But I am surprised there's so little interaction with that week.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • @bkrahn I'm a mess. I've always had a crappy back, which was usually helped by chiropracter/massage/rest, but I never get any rest now that I'm always hoisting/carrying my son up and down and all around. I am actually really worried about it getting worse, but I don't know what to do. I feel like a million bucks for an hour or two after an appointment...but that goes away real quick when I'm tossing 22 pounds around! Hoping for the best for both of us!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Thursday's are the only weeknight that SO is home...we were gonna stay in tonight and just chill cause growing a human is exhausting! Told him I was gonna stop at the consignment store that's going out of business and I'd be home. Now all of a sudden he wants to go look at furniture to replace our couch...i just want to sit home in my jammies with my bra off...is that so hard to ask for?!?!?!!
  • @hjungk84 tell him to go look and if he sees any he likes take a picture and then you will go another day and check them out!
  • @hjung84 Searching Craigslist for couches used to be my downtime obsession. Now I just bump. Actually moving a couch seems like waaaay too much work.
  • @MoonOverGoldsboro aw, shoot! I hear ya! DD has been wanting to be picked up constantly lately & insists on carrying around about 6 stuffed animals everywhere too.. so with that extra weight I can't see this getting better :( I'm hoping it will though!
  • krashke said:
    @sunshineandwhiskey I liked doing them on TTGP. So I would be in. 

Also every time I see your SN I sing the song in my head. 
    Same (about singing the the song in my head)
  • @bkrahn ~ I’m noticing my back aching more lately when I wake up in the morning. Definitely starting earlier this time. Luckily DS (2.5) hasn’t been insiting on being lifted too much by me. But when he does, I know I need to be more careful because I have already tweaked my back a couple of times. And I know that will only get worse 
  • @galactickates sorry about the house girl :-( I have so been there. I know it's hard to hear right now, but every time this has happened to us, I've ended up being glad. You will find the right place for your family and it will all work out. I know how disappointing it can be though when you fall in love with a place! My husband hated shopping with me for houses sometimes because I was "too emotional". ha.

@bkrahn I had HORRIBLE back pain towards the end of my second pregnancy... like I legit couldn't walk. I was paying a chiro tons of money even though I don't even believe in it because I was so desperate. I was teaching full time and I couldn't even walk around my classroom or walk to the copyroom. I really think that a lot of the problem was a combo of my posture and still carrying my toddler around everywhere. When I had a week off school to just relax and I stopped holding him (hard as it was, and it was really hard), it got way better. All of this to say just be careful and try to take it easy! I am also trying to work on my own posture and praying I don't have similar troubles this time around. I feel like prenatal yoga could be helpful too? Not sure if I can do it this early on or not.

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Random but I guess this is the place for it! Any other runners in the group? I was actually training for my first marathon when I found out I was pregnant so I'm a little bummed about not being able to run it (although obviously I can do one in the future!) Hoping to keep running throughout my pregnancy. Any other pregnant runners out there?
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • @tepr14 Whenever I have firsts like that, I put an imaginary badge on my imaginary “Mom Sash.”
    I’ve recently started journaling and might start a section dedicated to these accomplishments.