December 2017 Moms

STM+ check-in 10/18

How far along are you? Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise?

How old are your other kids? 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : 

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions

GTKY: What are you thinking about family planning at this point? Is this your last baby, or do you hope for more?

Married May 2014
DD born August 2016
Baby #2 due December 2017

Re: STM+ check-in 10/18

• How far along are you? Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? 31 weeks today - baby is a girl

DS is 19 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  DS is going through a bit of an aggressive streak so that's of course on my mind. He is never around kids younger than him (not that I'd like to use someone else's LOs as a guinea pig...but I kind of would lol) so I just don't know how he is going to react to a new little squish.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : With not really having much to do to get ready for this LO since she's not getting a nursery (we'll be moving sometime next year) and DS is so young (wrangling him in general, really), it's been tough getting it to feel "real" since it's been so out of sight out of mind. But I have finally popped and am really showing, due date is only 2 months out, appointments are more frequent and this little girl moves like CRAZY so the excitement is starting to become more frequent. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions/ I need to go and do my 3 hour GD test but damn if I cannot find the time!! UGH 

GTKY: What are you thinking about family planning at this point? Is this your last baby, or do you hope for more? The general idea has always been three, so one more, but I'd like to take it one kid at a time.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• bb89012bb89012 member
    edited October 2017
    33 weeks and team pink again woohoo!

DD is 21 months, so we’ll have two under two for about a month.

Challenges/concerns, Honestly it feels like the very first time all over again, and I feel both  prepared but also very unprepared at the same time. It’s strange. I feel like I don’t know what I’m doing with a baby, but also of course with two, the unknown is surely a bit scary. 

Joys and successes, I just can’t wait to have two little girls and see them grow up together so close in age. Just knowing how DD is, I KNOW she’s going to be a great big sister and friend, and absolutely love it (most of the time haha). I’m also excited to go through the process of ‘baby’ all over again!

Rants/raves/randoms, I’m seriously soooo beat and hurting so bad almost every day, and I don’t realize it until it’s too late when I feel dead on the couch. I’ve always been a person who pushes my limits and tries to do more than I should/can, so this is really starting to wear on me hard core physically & emotionally.  
    Another random, DD seems like she’s potty training herself because she asks every day to go on the potty at least once or twice, and does her business! I haven’t done a thing to actually try to train her but I guess she’s ready- I just don’t know if I’M ready! I don’t know if I want to put in a ton of effort right now with everything else getting ready for baby being SO close now. ALSO I worry she could regress or we may not have enough effort to dedicate to her when baby does come. So that’s confusing and weighing on me.

Family planning, this is most certainly the last! Two and we’re done! yay!

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise?
    Baby boy

DS1 is 4 
    Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  
    We are working more on independent play and also managing anxiety. He seems really anxious about being constantly next to us - to the point even when we get out of the car to get him, he asks that we walk in front of car so he can see us until we get to the other side to open his door. I'm a bit worried 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : 
    He has been so super cute with his baby cousin that i can't wait to see him with baby brother. He loves to help so I will capitalize off that and use it to help them bond

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions

GTKY: What are you thinking about family planning at this point? Is this your last baby, or do you hope for more?

two and through...we are done.  If I wasn't sure before this pregnancy, I am now.  It has been really rough and I honestly don't think I could go through it again or put my husband, kids or even work through it again.  
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• How far along are you? Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Surprise? 31 weeks. Surprise

14 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  DD got tubes in her ears on Monday, which was an ordeal for me, but she seems to be feeling better with them. She still has a lingering cough (which she gave to me--yay!), but she is sleeping pretty well. Mama is not--I was coughing almost all night long

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : Honestly, I am starting to want this baby out so I stop getting sick! My immune system is usually pretty good when I am not preggo, but I have gotten so many colds this pregnancy, and I am so over it. My happy thoughts about baby actually being here this week are that I may be healthy and not uncomfortable. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions/ A work friend had a minor stroke over the weekend. Her prognosis is good, but this pregnancy has also been really tough emotionally--rough things keep happening to people we care about. I'm just tired (and the coughing instead of sleeping doesn't help!)

GTKY: What are you thinking about family planning at this point? Is this your last baby, or do you hope for more? DH and I agreed on 2 before we got married. I used to want a bigger family than that, and I still go back and forth about whether I might want one more, but then I think about the chaos just 2 will be and the fact that I am not getting any younger...before I got pregnant this time, we were both pretty set on 2 and DH planned a vasectomy for soon after. Now, I'm not quite as sure. But this will probably be it for us. 

@flowerpower5838 I am with you on this pregnancy not feeling as real. Once they set my c-section date, it started hitting me, but overall I am so less tuned in this time and it is flying by. My attention is just taken up by DD, life, working...it's totally different from last time!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • cait5413 100% with you on the flying by. It's kind of nice though! 

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016