Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

2 CPs in a row

I got my mirena removed at the end of June and got a BFP before my next period. Had light brown spotting for a few days before BFP. The night I got my BFP I had heave bleeding which lasted two days. I checked in with my OB and had blood draws which initially showed numbers increasing (but not doubling) and then decreasing after a few more days of heavy bleeding. Waited about 6 weeks until my next period and we tried again. OB said it was ok to go ahead and try if we were emotionally ready. Just got a BFP today (light brown spotting since Monday) and now heavy bleeding tonight. Wtf. Anyone have a similar experience?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: 2 CPs in a row

• Options
    I've had 4 MC, most of them early on and the last 2 definitely CPs where I got a BFP and started spotting within a few days, then full out bleeding after. Sorry for your losses.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    I'm sorry for your losses. It's heartbreaking.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m sorry for your losses. I had two in a row as well.  :/
  • Options
    I have had multiple CPs in the past (currently on pregnancy #16 in the last 3.5 years). CPs don't technically get classified as recurrent pregnancy losses until 3 consecutive losses. 

Part of it is that pregnancy tests are crazy sensitive now, and I have personally had positive tests (EPT "six days sooner" type) with an hcg beta quant (blood work) as low as 8, which most docs wouldn't consider as positive. My OB does, because of my history, but I've had an ER doc say "It's not a positive result, but not negative either" (I have to go to the ER sometimes because of a history of ectopic pregnancies). 

All of that said, I don't want to scare you, recurrent pregnancy losses is rare where chemical pregnancies are common. 

IUDs can cause uterine scarring which can also affect implantation, resulting in CPs that can't be explained other ways. Anytime really, that tubes and your uterus are poked at, that is a risk. Be careful. If you have severe abdominal pain at any point especially if it's to one side or the other, call your doc or go to an ER. Some doctors will say "Well, only if you're bleeding and soaking pads," but I assure you from first hand experience, sometimes a bleed like that is completely internal, and it's better safe than sorry. 

Again, not trying to scare you; it is likely there is nothing wrong with your CPs at all, I just want to put the info out there for you. 

Good luck!