April 2018 Moms

PGAL Check In 10/16

I can't believe October is half way gone!  What is happening with everyone?

How far along are you?

Any appointments coming up?

Questions?

How are you doing? (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)

GTKY:  What is your favorite part of the fall season?  If you hate fall, then tell us what your favorite season is and why.

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: PGAL Check In 10/16

• How far along are you? 11w6d

i have my 12 week OB appt today and then my MFM appt for testing next Monday. 

Questions?  
    None at the moment. 

How are you doing? (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here). 
    Doing okay. I am finally starting to get my appetite back some but still super tired. 

GTKY:  What is your favorite part of the fall season?  If you hate fall, then tell us what your favorite season is and why.
      If I didn't live in TX I would say the weather ha!  When it does finally cool off I will super enjoy it!
  • How far along are you?
    15 weeks 6 days

Regular ob a week from Wednesday.

Questions?

How are you doing? (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)
    Maybe not as good as I thought I was. We didn't do any genetic testing and haven't had any scans since baby was 9 weeks. My bump seems to be growing like crazy, but I haven't felt movement yet. So I was just feeling kind of disconnected from the little one. I tried to figure out how to resolve this without paying the high cost of an auxiliary scan, so I bought a $30 fetal Doppler. It really helped, just knowing I could figure out where in me baby is and hear its heartbeat has just helped me feel more like a mom. I do have a desire to keep things low anxiety, so I made myself promise to use it once a week with my husband as a special treat, and not as a way to cope with momentary anxiety.

I love everything about fall. It is cooler, but not so cold that I still want to leave the house. The leaves change color. But I have to say the older I get the shorter summer seems (eventhough we have been having an unseasonably hot fall). I blame working and bring indoors.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @sparklingdiamond Good luck at your appointments!

How far along are you?

12-13 weeks, depending. (Baby's measured a little ahead every time)

No! Had the NT scan Friday, and now nothing for a long time.

Questions?
    I asked this in my ticker change, but how do you all handle the drop-off in appointments? I've had them every 2-3 weeks in the first trimester, and now it's going to be 2 months until I see baby again. I'm a FTM and my body isn't remotely bumping out yet, and apparently I have an anterior placenta, so I won't feel the baby move for a long time. I know that my risk of problems now is *very* small, but how do I remain convinced the little dude/tte is okay in there? I see @linds0503 got the doppler... I'm  considering it but wondering if anyone has other strategies?

See above, lol. Physically feeling a bit better, but improvement is slow.

I like getting to wear sweaters and boots. And the fall colors are great. But late spring is by far my fave! I love watching everything come out of winter hibernation. It puts me in the best moods.
    History (TW/loss/child):

7/2017 -- miscarriage at 6w
    5/2018 -- DS born 3 days after due date, 8lb 4oz
    9/2020 -- missed miscarriage at 9w / DNC
    3/2021 -- miscarriage at 8w
    7/2021 -- missed miscarriage at 8w / DNC
    9/2021 -- IVF cycle #1 (FET 1/25/22)

• How far along are you?
    13 weeks 5 days

Today in fact! Just my monthly OB appt!

Questions?

I am good! Starting to get a little energy back (as in, I don’t want to constantly nap!) I am definitely showing more which is cute. This was our Bonus Baby, so everything is really precious to me this time around because I KNOW this will be my last baby. (I am getting my tubes tied during my c-section) I bought the Doppler again this time around as a peace of mind and it has really helped! 

I am one of those weirdos who doesn’t really like fall because it’s one step closer to winter. I hate winter with the burning passion of 1,000 STDs. 

And I really live in the wrong area (Chicago) because our winters suck. 

I am definitely more of a summer person because I’d rather be really hot than cold!
  • @mikkimikey Omg, I feel you about fall. It's pretty and all, but I'm constantly thinking, "Well, this just means the next 4 months are going to SUCK." Especially where we live. (I lived in Wisconsin for a long time, and now I'm in New England.)

History (TW/loss/child):

• linds0503 said:

Maybe not as good as I thought I was. We didn't do any genetic testing and haven't had any scans since baby was 9 weeks. My bump seems to be growing like crazy, but I haven't felt movement yet. So I was just feeling kind of disconnected from the little one. I tried to figure out how to resolve this without paying the high cost of an auxiliary scan, so I bought a $30 fetal Doppler. It really helped, just knowing I could figure out where in me baby is and hear its heartbeat has just helped me feel more like a mom. I do have a desire to keep things low anxiety, so I made myself promise to use it once a week with my husband as a special treat, and not as a way to cope with momentary anxiety.

@linds0503 I bought one as well, and it really eases my mind! I can actually hear the baby roll or kick against it sometimes. Like they’re saying “get out of my space, mom!!!” 
  • mdwiny said:
    @mikkimikey Omg, I feel you about fall. It's pretty and all, but I'm constantly thinking, "Well, this just means the next 4 months are going to SUCK." Especially where we live. (I lived in Wisconsin for a long time, and now I'm in New England.)

Haha, I thought it was just me! All of my friends are all “oh it’s finally fall weather yay!” on Facebook, and I’m here posting “this blows!” LOL
  • @mdwiny one thing that has helped had been emphasizing to myself the positives of not having appointments 1) I don't have to go anywhere 2) no one is going to poke and prod at me for awhile 3) baby is doing great, which is why we only need monthly checkups. Also, it has been my experience that my anxiety has picked up a few days before the appointments I do have, because I have unhelpful thoughts of "what if the doctor find something wrong" etc. Finally, as a warning it did take me awhile to find the baby with the Doppler even at 15 weeks, and in some cases doctor's can't even locate it (my friend had an "emergency" scan once because of that. So before you buy one, consider what it will feel like and what you will do if you can't find the baby's heartbeat.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @linds0503 That is a really helpful way of thinking about it, thanks. I am the same way about approaching appointments giving me anxiety. I count down the days until I have them, but then spend the day before freaking out. Which is why I have a weird sense of relief that my next scan isn't until 20 weeks, because I'm guessing I'll at least have a growing bump by then to keep me calm. It's just the two months in the meantime that seem hard. My hesitation to get a doppler is exactly what you say--I'm worried it could make things worse if it doesn't work right.
    History (TW/loss/child):

• My OB appt today went well! My daughter (11) had to come with because she was just feeling  “off” today (headache, stomachache, etc) and she was SO thrilled to hear the baby’s heartbeat on the Doppler! 
  • riversdoctorriversdoctor member
    edited October 2017
    How far along are you?
    14w1d

Wednesday with the nurse for maternit21

Questions?
    not much today 

a little calmer. We told my dad and brothers this weekend. I was totally nervous but all has been well since. My “little” brother (just turned 30 lol) is coming unglued because our munchkins will be so close. He found a set of onesies on Etsy that say “did we just become best friends?” On one and “yup” on the other and already ordered them lol. 

I also hate fall. In Wisconsin the seasons are Winter, still winter, summer for about a day and a half then almost winter. 

I love my Doppler. It’s my peace of mind but I’ve never had issues finding baby after about 8 weeks.  I bought it when I was pregnant with dd and it really eases my pgal brain while I’m waiting for kicks to start. 

• How are you doing? (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)
    a little calmer. We told my dad and brothers this weekend. I was totally nervous but all has been well since. My “little” brother (just turned 30 lol) is coming unglued because our munchkins will be so close. He found a set of onesies on Etsy that say “did we just become best friends?” On one and “yup” on the other and already ordered them lol. 

@riversdoctor that onesie thing is so so cute!!! I love it so much! 
  • @riversdoctor that is so cute! I just found out my sister is pregnant (but it is still really early, she hasn't had her first appointment yet). But I might have to think about that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you?
    15w2d

Tomorrow!

Questions?
    not at the moment

I've gotten pretty anxious about how LO is doing in there. I'm glad I'll get to hear the heartbeat again tomorrow, but I'm mostly very nervous that we won't and that something is wrong

Well today I'm drinking hot apple cider and that seems pretty great to me
  • @allowachick I hope your appointment is awesome! I think it is normal for the PGAL brain to get activated by an appointment (after all many of us got bad news at an appointment in the past). I hope it gets better for all of us, as well get used to appointments going well. P.S. Hot Apple cider sounds delicious.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @riversdoctor that’s awesome! I wonder if they could do a play on three kids?!
  • How far along are you? 14 weeks and 4 days.

Not until the end of next week :(

Questions?

I just recently started to feel the baby kick, so that has gone a long way towards easing my mind.  Although this early it isn't reliable, so of course I have quiet days that make me start to worry.  I am slowly getting my energy back, and even felt that maybe my sex drive isn't going to be completely DOA this pregnancy.  Last time I was just a cold fish the whole way through.

My favorite part of fall is the garden harvest, including pumpkins.  I love getting all the squash prepped for soup and baking.  However, I have to say fall can't hold a candle to spring.  Baby animals, more light, flowers, warmer temps...fall can't compete.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My appt ended up going okay.  It took a few min to find the HB, which freaked me out, but baby was higher up than we both expected.  And I get to come off the Metformin and Progesterone yay!

@linds0503 I think the Doppler will be great if it's a source of comfort for you.  :smile: It's so hard to go so long without seeing the baby!

@mdwiny The drop off in appts is hard!  I was having one every two weeks and now it's monthly.  I really look forward to being able to feel movement.  I am still considering getting the Doppler too.

@mikkimikey I hate summer and clearly live in the wrong climate for that (Texas)!  This will likely be our last baby too, so I am trying to enjoy being pregnant.

@riversdoctor I love that movie!  Adorable onesies!!

@allowachick I still get nervous every time that they won't be able to find the heartbeat or something.  I hate that fear.

@ngolimento That is so awesome that you are feeling the baby move!  I swear I felt a flutter yesterday, but know it likely isn't baby yet (even though I think my uterus is higher than normal since the baby is already so far up).  So hoping that movement comes soon for me!
  • It's been a while since I've checked in! P&G for the moment, but will be back to make comments later.

How far along are you? 16w4d

I get my NIPT results today (finally!), do the blood draw for 2nd tri genetic screening and cystic fibrosis screening. Next real appt is at the end of the month.

How are you doing? 
    I'm doing pretty good - getting antsy for my next appointment so I can hear the HB again. I have the same feels as the rest of you about waiting, but am trying to keep myself calm. My belly is just starting to show enough that I look a little pregnant, and even got my first stranger commenting the other day, but I am still looking forward to really showing, as I feel like I stillostly just look chubby. I am also impatiently waiting to feel the baby, and v jealous of everyone who already is... I'm looking at you @ngolimento ;)

I like it because the rains come back, and the weather gets cooler (an incredible relief after our long, hot, dry California summers), but like many of you, I miss the daylight. I love spring because of the return of light and life to the world :)
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @hedgepig good luck with your results today!  Let us know how it goes!

Btw you will get your vengence on me later when my little horse gets strong enough to give me lightening crotch.  I already have had a couple of twinges.  I had to chase my last kid around with cold objects to get her to leave my lady bits alone.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @ngolimento they were moving so much today it was hard to find the heartbeat on doppler at first, so I'm sure I'll be feeling them a lot!
    @sparklingdiamond it was so good to hear the heartbeat today, I almost didn't believe it
    @hedgepig jealous of that bump! Mine refuses to show, so I just get to walk around with my bloated stomach fat 

• mdwinymdwiny member
    edited October 2017
    @hedgepig Thanks for that thoughtful response. My brain knows that nothing is going wrong, and I just need to listen to it. It makes sense to think of this as all part of a low-intervention experience. A few generations ago, women were totally in the dark!

ETA: Congrats on good results!!
    History (TW/loss/child):

• @hedgepig I’m due tax day and she’s due earth day! (4/15 and 4/22). My dad joked he’s going to have to charter a jet to visit grandbabies