May 2018 Moms

Facebook Group?

Hello, new to the May 18 board! Hi, all! I joined an amazing FB group for my first child, but slacked with my twins, since I slacked on joining early with my twins the board is very slow. Hoping to join a FB group early this time, is there a FB group yet? 

Re: Facebook Group?

• Loading the player...
  • Nope. It's too early. Who even are the regulars?
  • We moved over to FB in the third trimester on my previous BMB. 
    I think we started it right before babies were born, and we straddled both for a couple months.
  • Way too early for this.  Even moving well after birth, my first BMB still had a crazy catfishy, and I'm not 100% sure my second doesn't. 
    November Siggy Challenge

• @justsuzie ours is dead. It died when most of us left. We had about forty regulars pre birth, thirty of us left, only about five kept bumping regularly outside of the thirty, and now it's dead.
  • But they don't close or anything 
  • cups4cups4 member
    edited October 2017
    @justsuzie HBDB with babies is THE BEST
  • SaVy_05SaVy_05 member
    edited October 2017
    No, not a hello and goodbye. FB is just much easier to keep up with. And I agree, it's early, but as I mentioned I missed out on another great bmb on fb because I waited too long with my last babies. It's not that I dont want to be here, just not sure how early the FB groups start. 
  • SaVy_05SaVy_05 member
    edited October 2017
    Glad to here it doesn't start until later, my last bmb started one early, and by the time I found the group they weren't letting anyone else in the group. Sorry to jump the gun. Just looking for an easy resource for discuss our babies
  • justsuzie said:
    Do bmbs stay active after birth?
    Ours did until the babies were about 6 months then the Bump imploded so Facebook became much more appealing 

Pregnancy Ticker

• My feelings in a FB group. 

• ivyvines6 said:

My feelings in a FB group. 

• ivyvines6 said:

My feelings in a FB group. 

• I think my A13 group moved when we were in our 3rd trimester. There was another group that moved earlier but, from what I hear, it was full of drama. I don't know if it's still going. The one I joined is though and all of those ladies are awesome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • My may16 bmb went to Facebook really early and it has been the best group of women I've ever met.  A lot of the bump people that month sucked and were so rude.  It was hard to bond with them, so I was thrilled for a Facebook spinoff.   For this one I still think it's too early but if one is made I'd be interested.  I find the bump kinda slow.  But I do have to admit you ladies have been nice to talk to so I hope to keep building friendships.  
    I LOVED lurking your board when I was ku with J! A16 here
  • ivyvines6 said:
    My may16 bmb went to Facebook really early and it has been the best group of women I've ever met.  A lot of the bump people that month sucked and were so rude.  It was hard to bond with them, so I was thrilled for a Facebook spinoff.   For this one I still think it's too early but if one is made I'd be interested.  I find the bump kinda slow.  But I do have to admit you ladies have been nice to talk to so I hope to keep building friendships.  
    I LOVED lurking your board when I was ku with J! A16 here

I'm April 16 here as well, I was actually due May16. It was these boards I was referring to that are "slow", because we started one after our babies were born. They started the original boards early, by the time I remembered they did them they weren't taking anyone new. Just hoping not to miss out this go round. My Nov 12 group went to FB early as well, and I still love that group, tons of great ladies! 
  • @ivyvines6  I delivered a month early so I'm technically a A16 too
    *Married 7/29/11
    BFP 10/2/13, EDD 6/3/14
    Gave birth to my beautiful son, Owen Robert on 6/4/14!
    BFP #2 8/28/15, EDD 5/5/16

• @ivyvines6  ugh... I typed out a long response and idk where it went lol.  

Anyways long story short-  I couldn't stand several of the "key" members and jumped ship asap.  Lol

im so glad this board has nice and engaging members so far.  
    *Married 7/29/11
    BFP 10/2/13, EDD 6/3/14

• @ivyvines6  ugh... I typed out a long response and idk where it went lol.  

Anyways long story short-  I couldn't stand several of the "key" members and jumped ship asap.  Lol

im so glad this board has nice and engaging members so far.  
    Was this the bump or a Facebook group?
  • I started on the bump and that's where the people I didn't get along with were.  The Facebook group, even though it started early, is still very active today and is a truly amazing group of women.  
    *Married 7/29/11
    BFP 10/2/13, EDD 6/3/14

• I started on the bump and that's where the people I didn't get along with were.  The Facebook group, even though it started early, is still very active today and is a truly amazing group of women.  
    Oh you went with the first group lol... I'm in the later group with all the people you probably didn't get along with. Hahahahahahaha
  • Rookie mistake, especially if she hasn't been back to TB in a long time. TB is slow now but, yeah, too early. 

My D12 group moved to FB during pregnancy but split about a year later and then again after we had a catfish incident. Now we're down to 60ish of the most badass moms I know IRL or on the interwebz and we haven't had drama in years. It is awesome and was really great as a FTM so I hope it works out for this group, too. 
  • ivyvines6 said:
    I started on the bump and that's where the people I didn't get along with were.  The Facebook group, even though it started early, is still very active today and is a truly amazing group of women.  
    Oh you went with the first group lol... I'm in the later group with all the people you probably didn't get along with. Hahahahahahaha
    Just kidding, I didn't process you were in May for whatever reason. My mistake lol