Multiples

IVF-Blastocyst split on petri dish (identical twins)

Hi!
One of my embryos split into two (identical twins) on petri dish and both blastocysts were frozen.
I'd like to know whether this happened to somebody else and whether they transferred both embryos or just one.

Re: IVF-Blastocyst split on petri dish (identical twins)

• That's cool! Didn't happen to me, but personally i did transfer 2 embryos. I just did 1 with my first IVF and had a CP, then with my 2 FETs i transferred 2. 3rd time was the charm and i am now 12wks pregnant with twins! Personally, I would do 2 embryos regardless, but it might be worth using different ones in case they're not fully normal embryos. Are you doing PGS? I would personally also recommend doing that. We didn't till our third transfer and i wiah we had done it earler! Very likely would have saved us some time and money. But really i would talk to your doctor and see wat he recommends. Good luck!
  • personally I would transfer both, this idea of having identical children 2 years apart seems weird to me... We did 2 transfers every time we did and FET as well...
    good luck!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!