1st Trimester

11 weeks no heartbeat

Anyone else 11 weeks an can't find heart beat with fetal doppler?

Re: 11 weeks no heartbeat

• Okay. You're talking about you not being able to find it at home with your own doppler? 

If that's the case, it's totally normal to not be able to find it at this point for a variety of reasons. 
    1. Just general you're not a trained professional, it isn't the same doppler your doctor would use, and the baby is still pretty small. 
    2. A tilted uterus. Mine hangs out to the left. Some hang out towards people's backs, etc. I would never have found mine with a doppler except that I had an HSG so I had images of where my uterus actually is since it's not centered like you would imagine. 
    3. A bit of padding between the outside and your uterus. 
    4. The kid is wiggling around in there and ducking the doppler. 

Bottom line, at this point, even if a doctor struggled to find it with a doppler, it wouldn't be shocking or mean the worst. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Even my doctor couldn't find the heartbeat with a doppler at 12 weeks because I had an anterior placenta. So even if you are skillled in using a doppler it is still early enough that you may not find it for a variety of reasons.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Kiki75 has some great reasons. Basically when baby is small, there are tons of places to hide from the probe. Also most at home Dopplers are simply less strong than doctor's versions.

I also had a tilted uterus (typically fixes around week 12), so while you should be able to find it that early, I couldn't find it very often.  Using the Doppler requires you to learn how to use it, it took me several tries to get it right and to learn where baby likes to rest or hide - the majority of the time I was looking in the wrong location. If your doctor supports home use of a Doppler you can also ask them for some pointers.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• @lalala2004 Anterior placenta. I knew I was forgetting something. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18