3rd Trimester

Being pregnant and suffering the mild cerebral palsy

Hello everyone! I am 20 weeks preggo for now (and soooo happy!). The only thing why I'm "special" is that I suffer the mild cerebral palsy. Having a baby was my biggest dream. Anyway, I was scared if I can carry well and look after my baby and be a good mom.. I remember myself looking through the internet forums desperately and hopimg to find some parents' with CP stories, experience, advice, etc.. There was really not much info about it thou. And now I would like to share my own experience and find more "special" parents-to-be or those who already raises children. I also need the support of you all here, friends. I will do my best to be a good mom and I want to inspire the others, pregnancy with CP is possible and you can do it!

Re: Being pregnant and suffering the mild cerebral palsy

• Heya! Love your enthusiasm! I'm about 42wks now...

Of course you can do it :) Turning disability into abiity is a struggle for some and I'm glad there are people like you who are willing to try and inspire others.

I don't have CP, but you have my support if you need it. You could contact the CP organizations in your State for advice on finding other CP Moms?

Have you thought about starting a blog to share your journey with others who may also be struggling to find resources online? Or a video diary on YouTube? Maybe a Facebook group?

If you struggle with walking or balance, you may need assistance in the last few weeks so you can stay off your feet as much as possible? 

Congratulations on your pregnancy! 
  • Congratulations!!! I am so inspired by your post and so happy you have achieved your dream :)