April 2018 Moms

Sleeping troubles

Does anyone have troubles sleeping at night? I am constantly tossing and turning from my right side to my left side. No matter what I do, I can't get comfortable. Has anyone found a better and more comfortable way to sleep?

Re: Sleeping troubles

• Absolutely. I find that I get an achey-type pain in my outer thighs when sleeping on my side. I'm normally a stomach sleeper, but tender breasts and the beginnings of a bump are making that impossible. I have been able to fall asleep on my back a couple times. Otherwise, I'm finding that a pillow between the legs is the best solution.

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married 5/3/14, TTC ever since

DX: Lean PCOS, Clomid resistant

Femara 7.5 + Ovidrel = BFP! Due 4/15/18

• Thank you! I am going to try propping up a few pillows. I hope it helps. I'm ordering a full body pregnancy pillow as well. I will let you know how it goes
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes get the full body pillow! I can't sleep on my back because it makes me dizzy but I sleep well on my side with a pillow between my knees
  • What @peppersmith22 said. The full body pillow is great. I am screwed soon, I am a tummy sleeper and soon that won't be an option. Wah. The body pillows help me a lot though.
  • Yes! I always have sleeping issues but they have gotten way worse. Last time I remember o slept the best while pregnant, I was always so exhausted. Not this time. So I might be investing in a bod uhh pillow as well.
  • I actually just got out my body pillow from my last pregnancy.  I use to be a back sleeper but my first pregnancy ruined that for me.  Having the pillow very much helps plus it will be great to have when the bump starts to get bigger.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • 10 bucks says someone is still going to insinuate Lund is a bitch anyways :p

• Sleeping troubles haven't started yet for me but they were awful when I was further along with DS. I recommend a full-length body pillow, plus extra regular pillows to help prop you up behind your back.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @irenejean yeeeeessss, I wanted to frigging punch people who were always smugly saying that.  I didn't sleep well at all with DD the whole pregnancy, and it made me see red when people thought it was SOOO funny I would get even less soon.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Mine have. Heartburn at night. I started adding pillows to the pile.

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.

Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I suggest trying a Snoogle, but I'm not wholeheartedly recommending it. I have a friend who is obsessed with hers and she actually had an extra for some reason and gave it to me. I have a love-hate relationship with it. I like the extra support behind my back and for my tummy when I switch sides, and between my knees.... but I HATE it for my head and neck. It's way too firm for me as a head pillow so I've kind of finagled it so the u-shaped end is pushed all the way to the headboard and I use my actual pillow below it, which helps. It also takes up the entire bed which just adds a physical barrier to sexy time with DH, as if my libido could get any lower at this point :D  

some people swear by them though so it might be worth a shot!
    Me: 31  DH: 32
    Married: 10/3/15 
    TTC: May 2017
    BFP: 7/20/17
    EDD: 3/29/18
  • I toss and turn all night from gas pains and then I have RLP each time I turn.  Hot mess.  Snoogle helps a bit.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a u-shaped pregnancy pillow and love it; I tried the snoogle but didn't feel like body wrestling with it and messing up my sheets every time I switched to the other side. It does take up the whole bed and my husband hates it, but I have a really hard time sleeping on my sides - hurts my hips - so it's pretty much a necessity for me in the second half of pregnancy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lindsye said:
    I have a u-shaped pregnancy pillow and love it; I tried the snoogle but didn't feel like body wrestling with it and messing up my sheets every time I switched to the other side. It does take up the whole bed and my husband hates it, but I have a really hard time sleeping on my sides - hurts my hips - so it's pretty much a necessity for me in the second half of pregnancy.

My DH also hates it.  In a moment of graciousness, as I was dry heaving during 1st tri, he suggested I bring it back out from retirement.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The snoogle has been a lifesaver for me! I agree with what @frenchiekinplusone says about it being firm, but I love firm pillows, so it's been amazing for me! 
  • I'm a stomach sleeper so I knew i would have some trouble. I ordered my snoogle a full month ago so it would be here in plenty of time and it still hasnt made it in yet  :(  Glad to hear a lot of yall like it! Can't wait for it to finally arrive and give it a try!
  • @lund thanks! I am still having a hard time figuring out how the discussions and post work. I will definitely check that out. I really appreciate it. 
     Shouldn't be that serious. Regardless of how it was said I didn't take any offense to it. I don't normally respond/post because I just don't know where to start and what to do. I'm looking for help and advice just like everyone else. Thanks!
     Shouldn't be that serious. Regardless of how it was said I didn't take any offense to it. I don't normally respond/post because I just don't know where to start and what to do. I'm looking for help and advice just like everyone else. Thanks!

That's an awesome attitude :).  My post wasn't directed at you, but rather the people on the board that get upset when anyone gives information that @Lund gave you. There is a history here of people being cut down for even nicely offering the directions she gave you.
    BabyFetus Ticker