May 2018 Moms
Options

Early cravings

I've been craving brussel sprouts and advocados.   Seriously not things I normally eat.  Tonight for dinner I made maple glazed roasted brussel sprouts.  They were amazing! 

Re: Early cravings

• Options
    I haven’t had any specific cravings. Someone did mention a peanut butter sandwich in a show I’m watching and it sounds freaking amazing but I think that’s normal to want something you hear about. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Have you seen the What my pregnant self is eating thread? This is pretty normal considering what some of us have gotten into. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went out and got the stuff for tuna salad the other day.  I haven't eaten tuna in close to a decade.
    November Siggy Challenge

• Options
    sarahjean177  oh god brussel sprouts....gasssss city for me.
  • Options
    With DS I craved all the hummus all the time.  It continued into early nursing days as well.
    Jana Lynn
     Happily married since 5/24/2015  Momma of a baby Viking since 4/16, expecting #2 in 5/18
  • Options
    Tart things have really been helping the mild but incessant queasiness. I've come to understand the age-old pregnancy craving for pickles.
    I'm also really loving granny smith apples, O.J., tart cherries, etc.
    And Saltines are awesome and all, but I've discovered that a NutriGrain waffle is just as affective and at least has vitamins and minerals.

And fries. Drizzle a little malt vinegar on those babies - or just a side of dill pickle spears. I could eat fries every day. But I still have self control, so I don't. We'll see what happens over the next few months...

• Options
    It’s just all about the bread for me. It helps with nausea but also just hits the spot. Unfortunately I desperately wanted instant noodles but since I had some (which I enjoyed at the time) even the thought of them makes me ill now. Weird. 
  • Options
    kpc914kpc914 member
    edited October 2017
    @P. S. Goulet (your name is impossible to tag for some reason, it may be the spaces and periods). I agree with you, I have been eating the nutrigrain eggo waffles with some bananas in the morning. Life saver and definitely more nutrients than saltines! I too have liked tart foods and can go through a bag of clementine oranges in two days. 
  • Options
    I loved clementines during my first pregnancy. That was my biggest craving. 
  • Options
    Cesar salad and green beans... Which is so weird because my last two babies the mere suggestion of eating vegetables in first tri was revolting!

Also a second for skipping all things in the Brussels sprout, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower family - no one wants to be around what that stuff does to me, lol 
  • Options
    @Pearlvirus I’ve been all over green beans and garlic. Great source of protein! 
  • Options
    kpc914kpc914 member
    edited October 2017

Jealous of you ladies eating veggies. I would do anything to be able to tolerate a vegetable right now. Too many carbsssss 

• Options
    @kpc914 Your gif kinda made me puke in my mouth.
  • Options
    Pizza.  Specifically Pizza Hut pizza (which I haven't had in literally years)

DH took me there for lunch today after our ultrasound this morning 
    *Married 7/29/11
    BFP 10/2/13, EDD 6/3/14
    Gave birth to my beautiful son, Owen Robert on 6/4/14!
    BFP #2 8/28/15, EDD 5/5/16

• Options
    @kpc914 I'm in your boat. Cannot handle veggies which are practically my favorite food. How people haven't figured this out yet I don't know...

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    Right now I could eat Wegmans Tuscan garlic bread toasted with butter or avocado for every single meal

• Options
    @kpc914 I'm dying for vegetables and I just can't stomach them.
  • Options
    @ivyvines6 I would do anything for some veggies and avocado right now. But, I am with you. The thought of even putting them in my mouth makes me want to gag.
  • Options
    Cheetos. But only Cheetos paws. The others are disgusting - much to DH's confusion and frustration when I sent him to get Cheetos.
  • Options
    Sour pickles. Bread. ( I'm usually gluten free So this is problematic.)

I'm able to tolerate tuna as well and red delicious apples.

For everything else, my tolerance changes by the second.
  • Options
    Pickles with mustard and lettuce on toast. 
  • Options
    JenniatONUJenniatONU member
    edited October 2017
    OJ.

All the time. 

Also, the Gone Dilly flavor of Oh Snap! pickles. I can only find them here at Walmart. I've heard that the Super Targets have them, but we don't have a target with a grocery section here. 
    2/12: 100 mg Clomid + Bravelle last minute+ back to back IUI. BFN
    3/12 150mg Clomid + B2B IUI =BFP!! TWINS!
    Vanishing twin at week 6
    Tater-tot born January 3rd 2013

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I craved and gorged on cheese and milk the other night after an aversion for awhile. 
    I needed a lentil/veggie burger and fries for dinner last night, and it was amazing.
    I feel like my body knows what it needs? 
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I crave sweets. Oreos, cupcakes, candy bars...basically all unhealthy. Had my first food aversion today to carrots, which I normally love with dip...thinking about them makes me ill. 
  • Options
    Ice cold milk, french toast, tacos, and chick fil a. The past week I have craved a big burger with truffle fries and a chocolate peanut butter shake from one specific burger place an hour away from our house. My sweet DH drove a total of 2 hrs in rush hours going and coming to make sure my craving was met. 
  • Options
    I've been eating pretty normally, except that I want a bagel every morning and am hungry way more often. I didn't think I had any aversions going on until I saw people talk about Brussel sprouts and it sounded so revolting :p
  • Options
    It isn't what I'm eating that has changed, its how much. I feel like I just never stop eating. 
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Options
    Ceridwen77Ceridwen77 member
    edited October 2017
    All I want to do this time around is puke. Last pregnancy I craved Raisin Bran. Wtf?? Before that I hadn’t eaten cereal in like 10yrs...
  • Options
    @Ceridwen77 I recall the raisin Bran craving last pregnancy too. And now that you mention it, it sounds damn delicious. Need to add that to the grocery list
  • Options
    I made myself a chocolate mug cake tonight.. after watching a movie in the bathtub with a candle. It's been a delightful night, after an awful day of nausea!
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I've been trying to eat vegan for at least 1-2 meals/day for the last few weeks. It hasn't been that hard since I basically want to eat nothing - but yesterday, after a day of light eating and an evening run, I got slammed with the most intense craving for creamy pasta. I pretty much sat on the couch drooling while my husband ran out and got me some alfredo salmon linguini, and I'd probably count it in the top 5 most satisfying things I've ever eaten. No interest in anything like that today though!
  • Options
    @onesmallcoconut I'm definitely not Canadian, but poutine sounds amazing!
  • Options
    Any Canadians in here?! I am constantly thinking about poutine. 
    And now I'm thinking about it again

Yes! I am Canadian :) mmmm poutine 
  • Options
    I have been enjoying grilled cheese, I have always loved these, so not sure if this is a legitimate pregnancy craving haha
  • Options
    just sent husband to get more salt and vinegar chips.
  • Options
    kpc914 said:

Jealous of you ladies eating veggies. I would do anything to be able to tolerate a vegetable right now. Too many carbsssss 

I'd been craving donuts, burgers and pizza. Then, out of the blue I'm craving arugula salad from my favorite restaurant. But that has since passed and now I want donuts.