1st Trimester

Spotting in first trimester

I'm so worried guys. I've had two previous  miscarriages before and I'm worried I'm gonna have another. I'm having this brownish discharge/ spotting but no pain or cramping. Could it be implantation bleeding at seven weeks? I can't have another miscarriage. It is such an upsetting experience. They counted the heartbeat at 6 weeks 120 beats per minutes so that gives me hope. It's just so unnerving. Anyone else had this type of spotting with normal pregnancies?

Re: Spotting in first trimester

• I had the same kind of brownish spotting around 6wks with my first daughter, I think it may have been from old implantation bleeding because it was brownish colored and only lasted a day or so.. The pregnancy was uneventful besides that. Hope everything is fine, I know it is so hard to not stress and worry after losses. Good luck 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am also having some brown spotting/discharge. I am only 4 weeks 3 days. I have an appointment with my family doctor Friday to get my ultrasound paperwork and a referral to the Maternity clinic so I'm hoping to talk to her about this as well. Hope it's totally normal 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm having brown spotting 
  • I just got a BFP this morning at what I believe to be 10 DPO. I had implantation like bleeding on a single wipe on the 19th of this month (4 days ago) so I don't know what today's spotting is about...i am cramping dully and having pink and brown spotting.

I didnt have this with DS who is now 4 yrs old. 

My son has been clingy and he pushed a bit hard on my abdomen today... Im nervous too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lumpkin1 said:

I'm so worried guys. I've had two previous  miscarriages before and I'm worried I'm gonna have another. I'm having this brownish discharge/ spotting but no pain or cramping. Could it be implantation bleeding at seven weeks? I can't have another miscarriage. It is such an upsetting experience. They counted the heartbeat at 6 weeks 120 beats per minutes so that gives me hope. It's just so unnerving. Anyone else had this type of spotting with normal pregnancies?

@Lumpkin1 I am late to reply to your post so hope all is well now. I had the same thing between 6-8 weeks (a drop here and there around 6 weeks when I went to the bathroom and then more brown spotting between 7-8 weeks). I spent a Saturday night in the ER making sure all was OK and it was - heartbeat looked good, no active bleeding. My OB put me on 4 weeks of pelvic rest (no sex or cardio) to see if it helped and it did for the most part, but not 100% so doing another 4 weeks (sorry DH!). However I'm now 12w5d and my OB says that brown spotting is old blood and usually not concerning and that a MC at this point would be very unlikely, so I am trying to relax. All tests have looked good and we've started to share or news but I still get nervous when I go to the bathroom that I'm going to see more spotting. So, cautiously optimistic but still nervous and just trying to relax but I know it can be hard! 
  • Hi ladies! Does anyone still get cramps? I am about 5 weeks& will get some cramping. I just thought cramps were part of implantation. 

• @Magallyta I had on and off cramping until at least 9 weeks. Your uterus is stretching and changing - you're bound to feel some cramping. 
  • @lund thank you my doc confirmed the same you said. Things are stretching
  • I am about 11 weeks. I had pink spotting a few weeks ago, and have had 2 appointments since with a strong heartbeat and great growth. Today and yesterday, I'm very bloated (as I've been most of the pregnancy), mild cramping, and barely there, very light spotting when wiping. Any similar experiences?