2nd Trimester
Options

Itching all over like crazy

I have been itching all over nonstop since 19 weeks. Im 23 weeks. Doc is sending me to check liver enzymes . Im nervous. Anyone ever have this???

Re: Itching all over like crazy

• Options
    I'm not trying to scare you, but it's probably a good thing he's checking. A friend had cholestasis, which has to do with the liver not filtering correctly. The main symptom is itching in late pregnancy. However, it typically doesn't start until third tri. Cholestasis can *TW cause stillbirth so typically women with it are induced at 37 weeks. My friend was induced just past the 37th week and her little girl was fine. *end TW

• Options
    I too had a friend with cholestasis so I agree it's great the dr is checking. If you tests come back fine then do you have any skin conditions? I have keratosis pilaris and eczema which has flared up pretty bad even in new places that I am having to treat. Or it could be allergies. 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You ladies were right. Its cholestasis. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have a good treatment plan? Have they talked to you about induction dates?

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    Yes, theyre monitoring my bile acid levels, prescribed medication, doing growth ultrasounds and starting weekly non stress tests next week. Soon after i will be doing the non stress tests twice a week. Induction will be 36-37 weeks depending on how high levels are, how baby is doing, and how placenta is doing. But they will not let me go past 37 weeks 0 days.