June 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 9/25-9/29

i know the week is technically almost over. But since we're getting more people, thought a random post would be handy.
me:35 DH:34
DS: born oct 2012
TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
          BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
          BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
fingers crossed for our rainbow baby

Re: Weekly Randoms 9/25-9/29

• Love the Random's. Tomm is Friday!!!! Yeah :) 
  • Love the Random's. Tomm is Friday!!!! Yeah :) 
    So glad today is Friday!!  Woo hoo!!! 

What does everyone have planned for the weekend?  

We are going to an apple orchard/pumpkin patch tomorrow with my sisters, their families and my mom.  I am SO excited!  It's supposed to be a beautiful fall day here!!  Our homecoming coronation is Sunday evening and two of our babysitters are on the court so I think DD and I will go to that to watch.  
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • @PatientlyWaiting10 our friends want to celebrate a birthday happening Wednesday a little early by.... drinking! Yay! Ugh. Last weekend I spent like... 7 hours? in bars with them while I ordered fake cocktails.  Not a fan.

Apple and pumpkin picking sound super fun tho. Do you have any specific baking plans for your pickings? 
  • @PatientlyWaiting10 I am off to a mother daughter weekend away with my husband's family. We do it every year, and this is the second time I've had to hide a pregnancy from everyone there. All weekend is spent sitting in hot tubs and drinking wine, so I'm gonna have to come up with something fast! on the plus side, I'm actually kind of a scary good liar, which will hopefully work out for me this weekend.  :#
  • @PatientlyWaiting10 have fun picking apples and pumpkins! We went last weekend and it was so hot - - definitely not apple / pumpkin weather.  

We are going to embark on a huge house project (renovating the third floor to a master bath / bed) in a few weeks, so this weekend is going to be handling a lot of the related design / finish issues (tile, tub, etc.).  
  • @marcus7676 that sounds so fun! I love house projects! My husband and I moved into a project house a few months ago and have been slowly fixing it up - love the creative process!

• @doxiemoxie212 That would be SO hard!!!  Do you separately go to the bartender and tell them you need virgin drinks?  I Wouldn't even know where to begin!!  I actually probably won't pick and pumpkins or apples.  There are tons of activities for kids there; bounce houses, playgrounds, a giant slide down a huge hill, big mazes, barrel rides, hay rides, etc so we do all of that stuff.  We usually spend a good chunk of the day there.  The kids love it!! 

@bkrahn Good thing you're a good liar!!  As stated above, I wouldn't even know where to begin when ordering mocktails and avoiding hot tubs!  Sounds awful!  haha

@marcus7676 house projects are fun!!  Sounds like you'll have a great "retreat" space when it's done!  You'll have to post pictures (if you're comfortable) of your progress!!  I love seeing/watching those kinds of projects!!  

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

•  @patientlywaiting10 love pumpkin patch! think we're going to one next weekend

@doxiemoxie212 good luck with your fake drinking ;) lol

@bkrahn oh no, another having to fake drink. maybe pull the 'im on antibiotics' thing. say it didn't mix well last time you tried.

@marcus7676 doing the design part of that project would be fun. but large renos give me anxiety!

AFM, our son turns 5 on sunday. so we'll be just making sure he has the best weekend over. donuts for breakfast. a trip to the zoo... its the last weekend for the dinosaur exhibit (he's obsessed with dinos).

• @catlady1215 Just realized there are a lot of "catlady"s on here! Sounds like a great day planned for your son!! 

All are welcome!

• @PatientlyWaiting10 yeah it's a combo of me asking the bartender for virgin drinks and playing weird switcheroo games with my husband
  • @PatientlyWaiting10 lol when I got on today I thought I some how reintroduced myself  :D 
  • @PatientlyWaiting10 I suppose I'll have to figure out how to post pictures then!

@catlady1215 all if it gives me anxiety, especially the cost. It is unbelievable how much it adds up to! Happy birthday to your son!! Donuts for breakfast sounds like a great tradition to have.

• Jumping in with my random input. Made my first OB appointment bright and early this morning, and they got me in a lot sooner than I expected which is a good thing. I hope y'all enjoy your weekend plans! I'll be stuck at work but that's nothing new. :#   
  • edited September 2017

@kaydah When is your appointment??  I made my first OB appt this morning too!!  Went in for labs yesterday and going in for more labs Monday.  My first appt. is 10/17!!  Woo hoo!!  

All are welcome!

• kaydahkaydah member
    edited September 2017
    @PatientlyWaiting10 Awh, yayayay!! <3 They got me in on October 5th. At first I was super worried because of my work schedule...but it'll be alright. I think it's time for me to invest in a planner/organizer type thing because the memory loss is so real right now. 
  • Jumping in to say hi! 

This weekend we will be working on hopefully finishing up our front yard renovation. At least I’m hoping we get finished up. Probably not though. We have a lot we need to do before we can start planting new grass seed and plants and such. I’m excited for that part to happen, so I am hoping we get everything else done that needs to get done before then this weekend. 

My mom is coming to visit this weekend. And actually now that I think about it, we will have weekend visitors every weekend this month. Luckily I won’t have to do too much to hide the pregnancy from them since *TW they all know about our loss, so I just plan on telling them that I am doing everything I can to make sure by body accepts a pregnancy next time and therefore I’m not drinking for a few months. Hopefully that works. I think it should. End TW* 
  • DH and my kids are in a wedding tonight. I'm gonna be a mess watching them walk down the aisle in their flower girl and ring bearer outfits. DH excitedly told a few of our friends about the pregnancy, so I don't have to sneak fake drinks around them.  
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I think the ' omgggg! don't wait to long to eat dinner you moron!!' crap is starting. I'm currently burning my mouth on hot ass pizza sauce, right from the oven. 
  • RachelH77RachelH77 member
    edited September 2017
    Tried to play it cool last night at a good friends birthday party and almost got sick from the smell of beer...telling our parents today so I can stop the "mocktail" facade! We waited so long to tell them with our first im excited to not have to worry about it. Apple cider doughnuts with DS today!

• @doxiemoxie212 and @bkrahn How'd you weekends go with the mocktails?  Were you able to make it through?
    :smile:

All are welcome!

• @PatientlyWaiting10 lol we went to dinner with my in-laws and DH  just kept drinking his wine and then switching our glasses so it looked like I had drank my wine. So he got pretty drunk...
  • @PatientlyWaiting10 it actually worked out so well! The first evening I picked up some Starbucks on the way back to the hotel, and used my coffee as an excuse anytime someone offered me a drink. The next evening I was super wiped from shopping all day, so I ended up going to bed early before the drinking even started. Everyone knew that this was my first weekend away from both DD & DH, so they just assumed I was catching up on some rest  ;)