May 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions 9/25

2»

Re: Weekly Questions 9/25

• Options
    ivyvines6 said:
    @mommabmb Everyone I know who has been induced and has had their labor come on naturally has said that pitocin is the devil and hurts way worse than non induced contractions. (I'll let you know what I think this time around) I can tell you that I don't feel like I needed to be induced with J and I'm still bitter over it.
    I totally understand that. I didn't realize my BP was as high as it was until later, so I was also peeved about my induction for a long time (it was 200/120, checked manually)... I felt sick. So, I suppose I can't complain. But- I totally understand the disappointment of not having the birth you'd hoped for. 
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Options
    I had Pitocin as well, and it wasn't terrible.  I already had my epidural by then, so that could've had something to do with it, but after they started the Pit, I only pushed for 15ish minutes for the first, they broke my other water and I had the second 6 minutes later.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ivyvines6 I completely understand where you're coming from. I was actively in labor but they felt I wasn't dilating fast enough and so I was told I would agree to the pitocin or I would be prepped for a c-section (DS wasn't in danger and neither was I. I was just slow) I was trying everything I could to avoid the c-section so i very reluctantly agreed. I was already having back labor before and that turned contractions into a hot knife twisting in my back. I ended up with a tachycardia and was put on oxygen because my pain and freak out were affecting DS's heart rate. After a bunch of other crap happened, the only reason I wasn't forced into the c-section in the long run is because I had managed to move him down too far before he got stuck.

I was due on sunday (march 27) my last appt was sriday (march 25) and my dr was trying to schedule me for my induction on monday. I was like woah! hold up. what happened to going 2 weeks over? she said they didn't follow that anymore. I pointed out that they're apparently the only dr in the area that doesnt then. She finally agreed to let me go until wednesday- 3 days after my due date. Keep in mind, I had perfect blood pressure, I had lost 30 lbs while DS was steady growing, I was the epitome of a perfect pregnancy (I know, I hate me too) so there was no medical need for induction (that, I totally get) I ended up going into labor on my due date and DS was born the next night (40 hrs of labor, 5 of which were pushing)

I am so happy these midwives don't believe in intervention or induction unless it is an utter necessity/emergency.
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @ivyvines6 I completely understand where you're coming from. I was actively in labor but they felt I wasn't dilating fast enough and so I was told I would agree to the pitocin or I would be prepped for a c-section (DS wasn't in danger and neither was I. I was just slow) I was trying everything I could to avoid the c-section so i very reluctantly agreed. I was already having back labor before and that turned contractions into a hot knife twisting in my back. I ended up with a tachycardia and was put on oxygen because my pain and freak out were affecting DS's heart rate. After a bunch of other crap happened, the only reason I wasn't forced into the c-section in the long run is because I had managed to move him down too far before he got stuck.

I was due on sunday (march 27) my last appt was sriday (march 25) and my dr was trying to schedule me for my induction on monday. I was like woah! hold up. what happened to going 2 weeks over? she said they didn't follow that anymore. I pointed out that they're apparently the only dr in the area that doesnt then. She finally agreed to let me go until wednesday- 3 days after my due date. Keep in mind, I had perfect blood pressure, I had lost 30 lbs while DS was steady growing, I was the epitome of a perfect pregnancy (I know, I hate me too) so there was no medical need for induction (that, I totally get) I ended up going into labor on my due date and DS was born the next night (40 hrs of labor, 5 of which were pushing)

I am so happy these midwives don't believe in intervention or induction unless it is an utter necessity/emergency.
    So you had you LO like a week after mine? 3/24/16 We brought him home on Easter Sunday. He was our Easter Fox.

I say that it was unnecessary because he gave me no reason other than "it's time." I'll write out that whole experience on a separate thread eventually, but it wasn't just "not getting the birth I wanted." I've suffered from PTSD from how every accumulated. I'm doing everything I can to keep that from happening again, and I'm working through my trauma with a therapist.
  • Options
    ivyvines6 said:

So you had you LO like a week after mine? 3/24/16 We brought him home on Easter Sunday. He was our Easter Fox.

I say that it was unnecessary because he gave me no reason other than "it's time." I'll write out that whole experience on a separate thread eventually, but it wasn't just "not getting the birth I wanted." I've suffered from PTSD from how every accumulated. I'm doing everything I can to keep that from happening again, and I'm working through my trauma with a therapist.

• Options
    I wasn't a fan of pitocin, but my labor stalled, so they gave it to me.  When I got the epi though I didn't feel anything.  I did feel the pushing though and ended up pushing for almost 2 hours.  I think he was sunny side though.
  • Options
    I'll write out that whole experience on a separate thread eventually, but it wasn't just "not getting the birth I wanted." I've suffered from PTSD from how every accumulated. I'm doing everything I can to keep that from happening again, and I'm working through my trauma with a therapist.
    @ivyvines6 I hope you don't think I was minimizing your struggle. I'm sorry to hear you went through such trauma with your birth. I'm glad you have help. I will be hoping for a much better outcome for you this go 'round. 
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Options
    @mommabmb That was more of a general comment, than directed towards you. I should have posted that separately. ;)
  • Options
    I was induced at 38 weeks with my son (due to high BP) and had pitocin starting at 11pm Sunday and didn't have my son until 9am Tuesday morning. I don't have anything to compare it to, but it was awful! The only bright spot was when I was finally 10cm I only pushed twice and he was out. I'm praying I don't have to be induced this time! 
  • Options
    @mommabmb thanks for sharing!  I had an epidural after being induced last time and am feeling just like you did - I wanna do everything I can to try to do it all naturally this time.  I never heard of a chiropractor helping with that but will definitely mention it to my midwife.  
  • Options
    loko08loko08 member
    edited September 2017
    @mileswithmyles just checking in - were you able to get an IV order from your doc? Or did you get any relief at all?

Thinking of you!

ETA because the bump likes to erase what I write.
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • Options
    @mileswithmyles I didn’t see Diclegis mentioned but my SIL has had HG with both pregnancies and it’s the med that helped her the best. Still made her sleepy but she said not as bad as some of the others. I don’t know much about it but she’s a physicians assistant so she usually is pretty reliable with recommendations! 
  • Options
    Diclegis is time released doxylamine and b6. It's totally safe, but it may take a few days of consistent use to really work.
  • Options
    Man some of your birth stories make me so mad at our medical community - no wonder woman are scared! I wish OBs werent so trigger happy to "do something" :(
  • Options
    @loko08 @bjkay22 Thank you.  I called yesterday and left and message and haven't heard back so I am going to call again on my lunch break today.  I talked to my uncle last night (he's a perinatologist) and he said he would recommend Diclegis, so I may just ask for that.  
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Just got off the phone with them.  They are having me try Promethazine (Phenergan) 25 mg every 4-6 hours.
  • Options
    Just jumping in regarding pitocin. The reason it sucks unmedicated is bc once it starts going really hard (for me, this took about 5 hours of amping it up over time) you have no time in between contractions. It's hard to breathe bc it's one after another. It's not bad if you have an epidural bc you get feel them! Once I got an epidural I didn't feel anything (but it slowed things down and took another 5 hours of just laying there). 
  • Options
    Just jumping in regarding pitocin. The reason it sucks unmedicated is bc once it starts going really hard (for me, this took about 5 hours of amping it up over time) you have no time in between contractions. It's hard to breathe bc it's one after another. It's not bad if you have an epidural bc you get feel them! Once I got an epidural I didn't feel anything (but it slowed things down and took another 5 hours of just laying there). 
    That makes a lot of sense actually. Thank you for adding this.
  • Options
    Questions for all the other teachers on here. I'm only at 5 weeks so not too many symptoms yet. I'm wondering what you do about morning sickness if you're at school and need to get sick. I teach at a small high school (in a tiny district where mh teaches at the middle school) and really would like to keep this our secret until at least 13 weeks because of our *tw* 11 week loss last year *tw*. The only bathroom I have access to on my floor is a student bathroom and you can hear everything that goes on in there in my classroom. I'm trying to figure out how to hide all this if I start getting sick. 
  • Options
    Airplane bags?
  • Options
    Not a teacher, but work at a school - I second airplane bags or the blue hospital vomit bags. They're small enough to fit in your pocket, and just excuse yourself to the restroom and throw up in those. Less noise than it all hitting the toilet bowl!
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • Options
    @jhysmath I work at a pretty big school, but the closest bathroom is a student bathroom.  I honestly have a trash can next to my desk and have been blaming strep throat (which I actually had, but it was ok for me to be at school because I was on antibiotics). Other than that, it is not easy.  I don't know that there is a lot you can do.  
  • Options
    @ivyvines6 I definitely didn't make those dates clear lol I had my DS back in 2011 but he was an almost Easter baby lol

I'm so sorry that your experience was so bad. It's terrible that these drs do some of the crap they do. Mine was not nearly that bad, but it was a little beyond just plans changed and it wasn't what I wanted. I felt very bullied throughout my pregnancy and delivery (was threatened to be dropped as a patient for missing a ton of appointments- which was because they kept cancelling them....... ugh, stupid I ended up only having about a quarter of the "recommended" number of appointments. craziness) But anyway, way for late March babies!! <3
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    jhysmath i actually haven't gotten sick...just felt sick.  I just go in the storage closet when I feel sick and spit in a cup. Gross, but it works.  Then I drink some water.