December 2017 Moms

TTGP Grad Check In 8/31

Hey guys!  Thought we could do a random, informal check in this time. What appointments are you having?  How are you feeling?  What's going on?  Etc...
Hope you're all well!

Re: TTGP Grad Check In 8/31

• I love the informal check-in! I noticed them doing this on another BMB, and it was basically like a "weekly randoms, but mostly pregnancy-related" thread for TTGP grads, which was cool.

I'm finally not working from home today, but I'm still super congested. I'm sort of sad thinking about how I probably won't have any more ultrasounds and I'm still 17+ weeks away from my due date. I guess I just have to look forward to other things between now and the due date, like fall, showers, my birthday, etc.

@breezybee Ugh, I'm so sorry. I totally get what you're saying. It's better to not hang out at all than to force it just because she feels like she should or she's supposed to. Hopefully this talk resolves something, or at least she'll realize that maybe she does just need to distance herself for a while (though I hope it doesn't end your friendship). Such a tough situation. Hugs!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • Ohhh also, I thought the newborn essentials class we took was pretty meh. I mean, practicing with a doll is NEVER going to be the same as doing any of these things with a baby, but there was one doll that she passed around in the beginning that was pretty accurately sized for a newborn--it was like 7 pounds, whatever. Three of the dolls, including the one we got, were literally stuffed animal dolls. They didn't even have plastic limbs or round heads. Anyway, I feel like all of them should've been the heavy, semi-realistic dolls.

I'm glad I went though, because just learning one or two things was worth it. Also, it was at a doula practice and the lady had to use her phone instead of her iPad because of technical issues. The best part was that she got a text in the middle from another doula saying, "Sometimes I want to give up being a doula for good. I'm so drained." It was just pretty funny, lol. Oh, and literally everyone else there was due within a week of each other (September 20-something) except for us. Kinda jumped the gun and could've gone to the October class, buuut I just kind wanted to get it out of the way.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @wabash15 does it scare you to put them in toddler beds because they'll never stay in them?  Lol. You do still have time, so don't stress too much - it can wait a while longer. 
    I hope you find the minivan of your dreams asap!
  • @breezybee I'm sorry that the situation with your friend hasn't improved. I do hope that you can come to some type of resolution and develop a new normal for moving forward.  

@kvacmak I'm so glad that therapy is helping with the anxiety. I hope the conversation goes well with your mom and that she is able to understand where you are coming from and respect the boundaries you are setting. 

@wabash15 ugh I regret taking DS out of his crib. He slept so well in there but he also never attempted to climb out. I totally jumped the gun on that for no good reason.  FX it's an easy transition for you and that the minivan search is successful. 

AFM, sickness has improved overall; not fully but so much better so I'll take it. Vacation last week was successful.  We still haven't closed on the new house due to title issues that seller and bank are trying to resolve but it's something with the courts and it could take up to 90 days. However, our attorney and seller/their attorney agreed to let us move in (rent free, since we put so much money into house already-it's a short sale, seller/bank won't do anything and in order for us to close, our mortgage company required some work first and also seller has 4K worth of medical bills tied to a lien to house we have assumed in order to move forward) so we should be able to get into house tomorrow to start cleaning and painting. I'm just happy there's some progress and that I might have house ready and unpacked before baby gets here and I can finally sort thru DS' baby clothes & things to see what we have and what we need. Overall I'm excited but also super overwhelmed! 

I also found out my managers retreat/conference for work is Nov 12th through 15th which is 3 weeks before my scheduled c-section. It's about 2 hours away in the mountains.  I really want to go, is that crazy?   The next one will be in April and I don't think I'll be ready to leave LO At that point to attend. I'm a senior manager and feel like I should attempt to go if I am able too especially knowing I won't be able to attend the one in April. 

DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• @breezybee yes, I just envision them tearing their room apart or massive pillow fights... as it is they pass toys back and forth, steal each others pacifiers, encourage each other to take diapers off.... they are contained now, but as some point we have to make the transition.
    @Marley629 I may stall a bit longer on the toddler bed thing. That is so much to deal with for the house. I hope it all works out smoothly. I'm glad your feeling a bit better. You are such a champ. I was crying at week 12 after dry heaving repeatedly, you are a strong strong woman. as for the trip I would do it... its only 2 hours away. So really if something happened your not that far from assistance. Go for it!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @MJDsquared you're so on top of things with all of your classes! I'm glad you feel like you got something out of it all! 

@wabash15 yea mom relationships can be hard. I've carried a lot of guilt around for not idolizing my mom like most seem to. I'm trying to let go of that and realize it's OKAY to not want to parent like she did.  Thanks  <3  minivan hunting is not fun haha I was against it so DH basically did it all himself and ended up getting a repo from an auction for a really good deal. We got a dodge caravan that actually is newer and has more features than my girlfriends Sienna and we paid 1/3 the price... sometimes the brand isn't worth it.

@Marley629 I don't think it's unreasonable to go to the retreat! You should enjoy yourself! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • No worries @alysapuggles!  Life happens!  Jesus, I could never have anyone - ANYONE - stay with me for a month. I get annoyed after 2 days max. Sorry your doctors Appt was so rough. Don't beat yourself up. I feel like all doctors have to bitch about weight gain no matter what. From what I remember, you were super small before getting pregnant, so I really wouldn't worry about 15 lbs. I would worry if it were like, 50 lol. 
    Btw, I've been having some light headed, wooziness also, and my doctor said that's completely normal right now. I mean, we're pumping blood for another person!  Just take it easy :)
    Glad you're back though!  I was wondering how you were doing!
  • I'm also glad to see you back, @alysapuggles! I'm sorry about the frustrating appointment. Hopefully in the future you don't have to deal with that. And I'm sorry to hear you were laid off too.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @breezybee Lol my mom is about the ONLY person I could stand for that long, but she's really good about giving space and doesn't need to be entertained. Nonetheless, I'm an introvert, and it's still really nice to have the house back! I'm trying not to let the weight thing get to me that much. I feel like I'm doing okay, so I will try to save my frustration for other things. Good to hear I'm not the only one experiencing that.  I was told it could be dehydration in the morning or low blood sugar. If it gets any worse she mentioned doing a monitor for 24 hours, but I'm guessing it's just the normal stuff.

@MJDsquared Thanks for the thoughts! Hopefully the layoff really will be temporary like they said, but I'm making preparations in case it's not.

I need current updates for you all, too! Hope everyone is doing well. Aren't some in third tri already?? That's just crazy!

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17
  • @alysapuggles - Welcome back! Sorry your appointment was so frustrating.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • @alysapuggles sorry I'm so late to the party but tell that doc to F*** off. If your first trimester screen and anatomy scan were good I'm not sure why you would need more testing. No one has said anything to me about 2nd trimester screening and I'm AMA. The weakness and increased heart rate are normal in pregnancy as long as they are short episodes that resolve. It happened to me all the time with the twins and this pregnancy .  I've put on ~25lbs at this point and am 26 weeks. it is what it is, every woman is different. I try to eat healthy and not splurge a lot but i'm on track to gain as much as I did with the twins. Every woman is different and despite our efforts sometimes our bodies just put more weight on in preparation for birth and nursing. I keep waiting for my MW to scold me for my weight gain but thankfully she has not said a thing about it. Hugs. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• failuretoflyfailuretofly member
    edited September 2017
    [previously kvacmak here]

@alysapuggles
    your doc is ridiculous. Sorry you went through that. I don't even know what the 2nd trimester screen is! 

AFM: 
    visit with my family went fine. I didn't have the guts to confront my mom about not thanking us about the house, partly because DH thought I should just let it go. Going home always just reiterates why I don't live there anymore, which I guess is good in a way!
    Passed my GD screen so I can continue eating sorbet and hot chocolate and all the delicious treats I've been devouring. I'm borderline worried that this kid has gotten herself into a less-than-ideal position though because the feeling of her kicks has totally changed and i'm about 80% sure I can feel a head floating around (as in it's not hiding in my pelvis). She better get her shit together by the time it's delivery time and not wreck my home birth plans!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @failuretofly glad you survived the visit home. I feel the same way when I go home. I can tell this kid is still breach because all the kicking I feel is in my pelvis/bladder. I know there is tons of time but I really hope this kid turns so I get my VBAC.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• alysapugglesalysapuggles member
    edited September 2017
    @Tennis11785 @wabash15 @failuretofly Thanks for the support, everyone. I'm feeling a bit better now that some time has passed. I'm going to try not to worry about it anymore (until the next weigh in lol).

@failuretofly I think the 2nd tri screen was for spina bifida and a couple other things, but I can't recall exactly what. So glad to hear you got good GD results! Mine is on 10/11, and I'm nervous (surprise, surprise lol). With DS I failed the 1 hour and had to do the 3 hour, which UGH, so I'm hoping to pass the 1 hour this time around. And FX your LO gets herself shifted around soon! I've been feeling stuff all over and am horrible at telling what's what myself!

Edit to correct tag because apparently I can't use the mouse correctly either.

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17