January 2018 Moms

STM+ Check-in 9/20

How far along are you?

Current symptoms:

What's something your child(ren) has said or done lately that made you laugh?

Rants/Raves:

GTKY: Since it's Wednesday, who is your woman crush?

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

Re: STM+ Check-in 9/20

• Loading the player...
  • @reneelanderson I think it may be different whether you're mobile or not but there is an option for posting a picture and you can either upload the gif file (after saving it) or paste the link to the gif ;)

Pregnancy Ticker

• @supercoolstephy so weird, I got those same emails that someone bought from my registry and another saying they didn't haha. I thought it was strange because I hadn't made one for this baby but thought maybe the registry from baby #1 was still active and I forgot to delete it. In any case, I thought someone maybe bought diapers and was a little disappointed when no one actually did
  • @supercoolstephy @sbishop426 They made a huge mistake with the original emails, I've seen a number of articles about it. I thought it was really funny when one of my super gay (male) bestie's from high school received one and plastered it on Instagram. Then I realized that people dealing with things such as infertility also received them and it made me angry and sad.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @missblaze Oh I know. I saw it in on the IVF podcast Facebook group I'm in. I didn't have IVF or any struggles conceiving so sometimes things like that are lost on me. But that group really helps put things into perspective for me since I have friends who have had issues. Anyway... I got upset once I saw them talking about it. And also, that I didn't get any of my big ticket items haha (we are only using that registry for the completion discount).

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @reneelanderson right there with you on the GD test (see my rant/rave). I've been eating better this time around and working out more than the first time, but for some reason I just have this feeling that it's not going to go well because up until now, everything else has been fine, which wasn't the case last time. When are you taking yours?

@sbishop426 hope everything clears up for you soon!

I'm loving reading everyone's answers to what your kids are doing to make you laugh. I'm so excited for DD to get a little older! This age is great too though (almost 15 months).
  • @schaze I thought for sure I was going to fail mine because last time I passed so easily that my dr was shocked. But this time I did what I did last time, I ate a normal breakfast, oatmeal (last time I had eggs too but I was not making those at 5 am while getting a toddler ready) and waited on coffee till after my test. I did pretty good, passed with a 74. My nurse told me to eat what I normally would eat and I think it's good because your body isn't getting shocked with all that sugar from that drink. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @schaze and @supercoolstephy I have to do my GD test in 3 weeks. My OB said not to eat and if I needed something have protein like a cheese stick. Should I be eating breakfast?
  • @burnsmommy27 I would and did, but nothing sugary for me. I wanted to focus on complex carbs so thats why I went with rolled oats and cinnamon. My OB did tell me in general that if I'm hungry to eat greek yogurt and cheese so I can see why your dr said cheese stick. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @burnsmommy27 It's my understanding that most places don't make you fast for the 1 hr, just the 3 hr test. My OB recommended a protein-rich breakfast (eggs, cheese, etc.) And to avoid sugary foods for the couple days leading up to the test. I know I'm just way overthinking it this time!! Thanks for the carb tip @KatieEl, I'd been debating going easy on the carbs so I'll just keep at it like normal for now.
  • I didn't have to fast last time, which was great because my appt was after work. Passed last time but didn't ask by how much. I'm nervous though because my mom, her sister and both grandparents are diabetic so I have higher chance of GD. They all got it 35+ so being 28 hopefully I have a few more years! My OB suggested limiting sugar this pregnancy just in case so I've made a few adjustments 
  • 24 +2

feet are starting to swell at the end of the day slightly and I'm exhausted as all get out. Also still getting sick from a super sensitive gag reflex and cold combo. Really fun.

DD is almost 3 and pretty hysterical. Lately she has been trying to tell jokes which gets me every time. 

Rant - +1 to the worries about GD test. Disclaimer - I posted the same question in the questions for STM thread... So I had to take the glucose tolerance test at 18 weeks (yay old and overweight combo) and passed with a 118. I know that is in the normal range, but I have to take it again coming up and am nervous that it was too close to the 130 cut off and I'll fail this next one. Anyone with experience on this? with DD I was not old or overweight so I have no experience with this.

crush = Mika Kunis

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @crizz13 last pregnancy I took mine early and had a 79 on my first at 18 weeks and a 109 on my second at 26 week so. This time I’m starting at a 74. So we will see. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @supercoolstephy - I had been assuming it'd go up and 118 seems too close to the cut off for comfort. Ugh. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 23.5 weeks 

Current symptoms: out of breath like all the time. I feel like I get winded while talking. Feeling stuffed and big all around, especially in the mid section.  Getting bouts of so tired, have to lie down. But otherwise no real aches and surprisingly minimal heartburn.  

What's something your child(ren) has said or done lately that made you laugh? oh man, mine are 4yo and 2yo. They are so adorable all the time. More cute than funny, my son approached a 6 yo at the playground and proceeded to introduce himself, and said he wanted to play with him, then my 2yo introduced herself as "Baby Sister". They have such cute personalities and I'm grateful they are somewhat outgoing. 

Rants/Raves: We have been super busy, but for all good things. My H is back in school on a scholarship, and we have been working on the process of building a house outside of the city. Here is a bit of a rant, my 4yo starts preschool next week and he has to be there at 7:30.  No idea how I will get us all up, dressed, and feed him in time.  We have been so lazy/relaxed all summer, it's going to be tough.

GTKY: Since it's Wednesday, who is your woman crush?  I guess maybe Britney Spears, she is kind of ridiculous, but I just like her. She reminds me of an old college friend who was a hot mess but I loved her anyway.  Also I want to see the Wonder Woman movie. 

• @cyanope man I have serious boob Envy over Selma right now, daaammmnnn!
  • Ditto to the boob envy!! Oh my. 
  • @cyanope I've got the lower back pain on the right too. My chiropractor thinks it has to do with how I'm sleeping (usually my right leg is up over the pregnancy pillow). Apparently my leg is falling into a bad position this way and my hip gets all out of whack. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• That makes sense, @missblaze! That's how I sleep too. Maybe it's time to reevaluate my sleeping position!
  • @cyanope With me, the problem is that I usually (when not pregnant) like sleeping with my right leg up and turned a little bit onto my belly, and my chiropractor thinks that my body is trying to do that while I'm sleeping. However, with the relaxin loosening everything up, it's throwing my hip out of whack. He said that having my leg up is fine, but to make sure that my left leg is in a similar position underneath the pillow so that my hip isn't getting pushed forward on that side.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Well, dang it, @missblaze! That is SERIOUSLY exactly how I sleep. It's just SO much more comfortable. I'll try sleeping the other way and see if it helps. Thanks for the heads up!
  • @cyanope I figured I wasn't the only one ;)

Pregnancy Ticker

• @missblaze @cyanope I sleep the same way and have been having some hip/butt pain. I might have to try the new way!
  • I keep somehow rolling onto my back during my sleep. I have NEVER been a back sleeper, normally a side somewhat on belly sleeper like you @missblaze. So I have been having terrible back pain when I wake up :(