February 2018 Moms
Options

9.19 Tuesday Ticker Change

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling? 

3) Any appointments this week/last?    

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? 

5)GTKY: What's the worst or best advice you've gotten this pregnancy?

Re: 9.19 Tuesday Ticker Change

• Options
    msunshine123msunshine123 member
    edited September 2017

19 weeks - mango

2) How are you feeling? 

Good- just very gassy at times. 

Yesterday and we had our anatomy scan. LO is doing well and we found out we're having a boy! 

I've been feeling LO move more and more which really helps my PgAL brain. 

5) GTKY: What's the worst or best advice you've gotten this pregnancy?

Not so much this pregnancy, but during my last one with DD following the loss of my DS it was to take it one day at a time and I've kinda been doing that this time around too which helps.

ETA: can't type sometimes

• Options
    18 weeks - sweet potato! 

2) How are you feeling? 

Feeling pretty good. Lots of RLP, heartburn, and trouble sleeping, but its still better compared to the exhaustion and morning sickness. 

FINALLY go in for A/S next week. Haven't seen baby since he was 10 weeks. So excited.   

I still don't think I can feel him move. My PGAL brain is going nuts. I keep telling myself its perfectly normal, but my crazy is on the verge of coming out. 

-TW- I don't know if its advice, but people who know about our loss who found out about this baby constantly said "See...everything happens for a reason" which makes me want to punch them in the face. -TW- 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby?   17 weeks.  Baby is the size of a pomegranate. 

2) How are you feeling? Feeling good.  Heartburn, leg cramps started, and headaches.  

3) Any appointments this week/last?    Last week we had our 16 week checkup.  Heard baby boy and I was put on baby aspirin.  I believe this was because of my high blood pressure with DS.  

5)GTKY: What's the worst or best advice you've gotten this pregnancy? Enjoy pregnancy.  You will miss it (especially once the baby starts moving).  This is the easiest the baby will ever be to take care of!  

@ash0625 People have told me that too--everything happens for a reason.  I want to tell the to STFU.  

@msunshine123 Congrats on finding out you are having a boy! Glad everything went well. 

• Options
    17 weeks, pomegranate

2) How are you feeling?

pretty good. Some RLP and back pain, but nothing to complain about.

Two weeks until my anatomy scan.

Nope

I honestly can't remember getting any advice at all this time around. Maybe it's because I was just pregnant last year, people figure I know what I'm doing lol.

• Options

20 weeks; a banana! Halfway through pregnancy!!

2) How are you feeling? 

Pretty good most of the time. 

Not til next week   

My school is having construction done on the roof which is horribly distracting, but also means we can't open windows in our classrooms. So mine is regularly around 83 degrees, which is miserable. Can't wait till this project is done (and for the cooler fall temperatures!!)

I guess this is good advice, but not super helpful. People keep telling me not to stress out small things and to take care of baby. Obviously, I don't want to be stressed but my hectic schedule and ridiculous requirements in finishing my final semester of grad school make it difficult to not be stressed on occasion. Telling someone not to stress doesn't suddenly make the feeling go away...

• Options
    20 weeks! A banana.

2) How are you feeling? 

Good :) heartburn every now and then, but really it's my allergies driving me crazy. Not pregnancy stuff :)

Anatomy scan is TODAY!!! Praying all goes well :). We are taking DS and DD so we will see how that goes 

Not really! Just hoping all is good later :) 

thankfully I haven't really gotten any this go around.  I guess by my third people assume I know what I'm doing… Finally. 

Really I just get comments about how awful it must be to be pregnant while taking care of two toddlers. But really  I am having an easy pregnancy… So, I wouldn't even really say it's an issue for me right now. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    18 weeks - an artichoke or a sweet potato.

2) How are you feeling? 

I have been okay the past couple of days, but am not sure I will ever fully kick this "morning sickness."

Nothing until my A/S on October 4. It's only two weeks, but it seems like such a long wait. I just want to know!!

Where is this second trimester energy boost I keep hearing about???

Don't lift your arms above your head - just not really sure how that is supposed to practically play out? Ask someone to get me a cup everytime I need a drink? lol

• Options
    @ash0625 good luck next week! I hate when people say, "everything happens for a reason" I agree - just no. 
    @sugarcoateddonut I haven't heard of not lifting arms above the head - why did someone tell you that?
    @Starynightsky24 good luck today!
    @gingermama26 that stinks about the windows needing to be closed with the roof work - no fun at all I'm sure. 
  • Options
    @msunshine123 My MIL told me it would hurt the baby if I reached over my head? I have also never heard of that before, and obviously did not listen lol.
  • Options
    @sugarcoateddonut - oh ok- haha! Yeah that wouldn't hurt the baby, but was curious if it was said in context of you lifting something heavy and they were concerned about it dropping and bumping your bump.  
  • Options

Like many others 18 weeks, Nintendo game controller

2) How are you feeling? 

Starting to get appetite back, but morning sickness is still hanging around. Starting to get restless legs during evening. 

Nope 3.5 more weeks until next one

Starting to show a bit which is exciting, and making progress on the registry, starting to get to the fun stuff! 

Sleep lots! It annoys me because it isn't as if I plan not to sleep. Best advice, take time to take care of yourself, it is a good skill to have after the baby so start doing it now.

• Options
    Thank you @msunshine123! Everything looks great so we are excited:). 

@sugarcoateddonut it  comes from an old wives tale that  if you lift your hands over your head that  it puts the  umbilical cord around the baby's neck.  Of course it's totally false and ridiculous LOL 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Starynightsky24 That makes a little more sense (although still obviously not a concern!) lol
  • Options

18 weeks - a croissant! (yummmm)

2) How are you feeling? 

I'm exhausted and totally worn out!  In the last 2 weeks we have closed on and moved into our new house, hired a new nanny, prepared our old house to list, and survived tropical storm Irma.  And now my in-laws are coming to stay with us for a week...

3) Any appointments this week/last?    nope.

we only made our news public a few days ago, so I haven't received much advice.  Only the usual "take care of yourself!" workin on that...