3rd Trimester
Options

36 weeks

About an inch or two in I felt something really hard that I haven't felt before its probably the baby's head I was just wondering if that could mean he's ready to come any minute not that I'd want that unless he's ready I'm only 36 weeks. I also sometimes feel a shard feeling as if he's about to pop out of my vagina and its been very frequent today which is why I'm so worried.

Re: 36 weeks

• Options

About an inch or two in I felt something really hard that I haven't felt before its probably the baby's head I was just wondering if that could mean he's ready to come any minute not that I'd want that unless he's ready I'm only 36 weeks. I also sometimes feel a shard feeling as if he's about to pop out of my vagina and its been very frequent today which is why I'm so worried.

You could be feeling your cervix, which is probably under a lot of pressure at this point in your pregnancy. Unless you are crowning, I doubt it's baby's head you feel.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    If that's truly your baby's head, it won't feel hard. It will feel very soft, very unlike a head, from the pressure and being squished when the head comes down and retreats, comes down and retreats, with the contractions/pushes.