3rd Trimester

Weight gain in third trimester

im just wondering how much everyone gained in the last trimester of pregnancy? I am
36.5 weeks pregnant. In the last 5 weeks I've gained 12 pounds. I haven't changed my diet and my exercise level has stayed the same and I just don't understand why I have gained so much. Until then I had only gained 15 pounds the whole rest of pregnancy. Feeling very fed up

Re: Weight gain in third trimester

• im just wondering how much everyone gained in the last trimester of pregnancy? I am
    36.5 weeks pregnant. In the last 5 weeks I've gained 12 pounds. I haven't changed my diet and my exercise level has stayed the same and I just don't understand why I have gained so much. Until then I had only gained 15 pounds the whole rest of pregnancy. Feeling very fed up
    Unless your doctor is concerned, I wouldn't sweat it. Your pregnancy is nearly over and 30 lbs overall is a pretty average amount to gain. Besides, in the last few weeks babies start putting on all those adorable fat rolls. If you're still worried, ask your doctor about it.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I weighed 154 before I got pregnant I'm 39 weeks and I weight 167 now. That's 12 lbs total ive gained..I was worried too but baby is healthy and Dr would notice in measurements if something was wrong.. Every pregnancy is different
  • Loading the player...
  • Im 23 weeks and gained 31 pounds so far. I was always very underweight and struggled to gain weight pre pregnancy.  Now im gaining too much but you sound like your gaining a healthy amount.