February 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms 9.10

12346»

Re: Randoms 9.10

• Options
    @SarahFoley725 Stop it right now....
  • Options
    Holy crap, @SarahFoley725. That looks A. MAZE. ING!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Damn.  Now I want ice cream
  • Options
    My 5 year old picks his nose and it occasionally causes a bloody nose.

He did it yesterday and it bled and little, but I woke up in the middle of the night to a screaming kid and blood down his face and some on his chest. Took 45 to get it to stop, clean him/floor up, and get him calm & back to sleep.  

Any advice how to get him to stop?? I don't want it getting any worse.
  • Options
    Anyone here trying to live a minimalist lifestyle?
    Ive been researching and dipping my toe in but I think Im ready to really attempt to downsize my things. Looking to connect with others about it
  • Options
    @mayapple44 We're trying out of necessity. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    rainafire77rainafire77 member
    edited September 2017
    Fyi if the Aeroflow breast pump site doesn't work with your insurance for some reason (they're giving me the run around) a co-worker recommended Byram Healthcare. Selection isn't as great but it's an alternative. https://breastpumps.byramhealthcare.com 

Eta: spelling is hard

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @rainafire77 are you downsizing things to maximize space? 
  • Options
    @mayapple44 Well, we're downsizing stuff to maximize space. DH does in home care for a woman with severe hoarding problems. (Think reality tv level hoarding) and he purchased the house from her children because they didn't want to deal with it anymore. She still lives in the house with us. Over the past 5-10 years he's moved her stuff from the house to her huge storage unit but there's still a lot in her room and that she tries to make spill out to the living room. We've put our collective feet down but she's convinced she needs all the things because either she or someone she knows may use them at some point in the future. We're getting rid of oversized furniture, books, shelving, and just flat out junk in spite of her fighting us along the way. It's not easy but we're starting to get space back.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @rainafire77 wow! I cant imagine how frustrating that is! You must have your hands full. I cant imagine having to deal with someone elses stuff! 
  • Options
    Big brother currently has a game with unicorns farting rainbow dust. 
  • Options
    Fyi if the Aeroflow breast pump site doesn't work with your insurance for some reason (they're giving me the run around) a co-worker recommended Byram Healthcare. Selection isn't as great but it's an alternative. https://breastpumps.byramhealthcare.com 

Eta: spelling is hard
    Some insurances only let you get breast pumps through an authorized medical supplier
  • Options
    @SunflowerMama428 Blue Shield is not forthcoming in providing a list of suppliers. The woman at Aeroflow keeps confusing Blue Shield of California with Blue Cross for some reason. A co-worker used Byram with our insurance and had no problem with them. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @SunflowerMama428 Blue Shield is not forthcoming in providing a list of suppliers. The woman at Aeroflow keeps confusing Blue Shield of California with Blue Cross for some reason. A co-worker used Byram with our insurance and had no problem with them. 
     I have blue cross. I have to go to a place in east bum fuck to get mine. I tried the Aeroflow site on a prayer but I wasn't surprised when it got denied. 
  • Options
    sabriel1sabriel1 member
    edited September 2017
    Ok here's a random. I was just scrolling my local Facebook mom group and a woman is asking about how to get into selling panties. I thought she meant like an avon type thing... Ummm nope! Whoa, even more shocking is the amount of people who currently do it on the group. If you guys are looking to make some extra cash apparently there is a premium on pregnant women's underwear (barf*)

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    sabriel1 said:
    Ok here's a random. I was just scrolling my local Facebook mom group and a woman is asking about how to get into selling panties. I thought she meant like an avon type thing... Ummm nope! Whoa, even more shocking is the amount of people who currently do it on the group. If you guys are looking to make some extra cash apparently there is a premium on pregnant women's underwear (barf*)

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @SarahFoley725 I feel your pain. My 2.5 YO DD is very sweet and has a great personality but man, she is stubborn as a mule. She's followed the pattern of every six months or so (usually at the 1, 1.5, 2, now 2.5) we go through a two to three week period where she is just...tough. Now that she's talking really well, we are hearing lots of "no, leave me alone, don't touch me!" and all out blood curdling tantrums. Often, these are followed almost immediately by "I'm sorry mommy" and hugs, but in the moment, I feel the tears coming. It's been me and her this week since our schools have been closed due to the hurricane and there have been moments where I called DH at work in desperation. Right now, I'm just living by the "this too shall pass" mantra. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DH: 32
    Me: 31
    Baby #1: BFP 1/30/14, EDD 9/28/14, natural MC @ 6 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 8/1/2014, EDD 4/9/2015, It's a GIRL: Addison Elizabeth!

• Options
    I'm irrationally irritated bc panera bread had no chai tea mix prepared when I picked my order up. 
  • Options
    Anatomy scan is Monday. DH just told me he can officially go. Now MIL can't watch the girls and I don't have a back up because my only real mom friend here works Mondays and Fridays. Faaaaaaaak
  • Options
    sabriel1sabriel1 member
    edited September 2017
    @TattoosandLace I get it. DH hasn't been too an anatomy scan since our second baby since he is always stuck being in charge of child care

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    @sabriel1 and @TattoosandLace thank you for posting about them not being able to go!  Makes me feel so much better about mine probably not making it. He runs a unit in a hospital so his hours are long and we never know when he can make appointments, including the anatomy scan on Thursday, until the very last minute. 
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace  My AS is Mon too, and DH is out of the country for a couple more weeks. Im sad he'll miss it, as its our first. They dont allow pics or recordings otherwise I'd try to tape it for him to see later. Hopefully something works out... 

Debating inviting my mom since it seems like such a big deal someone should see it with me. Anyone done that before? Was it weird.
  • Options
    Anatomy scan is Monday. DH just told me he can officially go. Now MIL can't watch the girls and I don't have a back up because my only real mom friend here works Mondays and Fridays. Faaaaaaaak
    Bring the girls with you to the scan. I always did when i had small ones. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    Bring the girls with you to the scan. I always did when i had small ones. 
    Our hospital doesn't allow anyone under twelve in.

• Options
    I'm ready to murder my dogs. They kept me up all night because of raccoons in the backyard. The door was open so they needed no help in getting out but they kept coming to my bed and whining and head butting me. DH slept through it all.

Oh and the cat jumped on my head and scratched my eyebrow. I think I'm done with animals right now.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    My rant for the day!
     My DH went to a friends about 2 and a half hours away to scout wildlife. And my DS has been sooooo bold for the past 4 hours and I cannot wait until bedtime! He just refuses to listen and just laughs at me if he gets in trouble. He has thrown my clean laundry back down the stairs, pulled every toy out of the closet and his toy bins, pulling my hair, running around jumping on everything (beds, couches, chairs) and he just head butted me right in the nose because he just keeps jumping around like a mad man! It made the tears flow instantly and I was so not happy. 1 more hour, just 1 more hour!
  • Options

He did it yesterday and it bled and little, but I woke up in the middle of the night to a screaming kid and blood down his face and some on his chest. Took 45 to get it to stop, clean him/floor up, and get him calm & back to sleep.  

Not much in the way of advice to get him to stop.  But, to get the bleeding to stop, a squirt of afrin.  Or squirt some afrin on a q-tip and rub it in his nose.  It gets the bleeding to stop almost immediately.
  • Options
    @olitwinturbosnprincess and off to go Google afrin
  • Options

Not much in the way of advice to get him to stop.  But, to get the bleeding to stop, a squirt of afrin.  Or squirt some afrin on a q-tip and rub it in his nose.  It gets the bleeding to stop almost immediately.
    Claritin nasal spray for us Canadians, if anyone was wondering :smile:
  • Options
    My friend just had her third baby yesterday. I was looking at the pictures like holy cow that baby is big. She's more than a pound SMALLER than DD was. I'm dying on the inside 
  • Options
    @SarahFoley725 oh wow! my LO was 6 lbs when he was born since I was on a diet due to gestational diabetes. This time I passed my GD test so I think this baby will be bigger. 
  • Options
    LO is head down so I get a lot of lower jabs. The jabs always feel squishy? Is that normal?