1st Trimester
Options

Measuring 4 days behind- success stories?

I went for my first ultrasound on Monday when based on my chart I was 6+3. Ultrasound showed a sac and yolk sac (and maybe a small fetal pole) measuring 5+6. The doctor said the resolution on her ultrasound machine wouldn't be able to pick up a heartbeat that early. I wouldn't be so nervous but I was temping so I feel confident about my dates. If I was really 4 days off then my BFP would have been 7dpo. It's  possible that ovulation could have been a day later but we only BD once that week so I can't get very creative with the timing. We are doing a 48 hour beta (and today I have been very nauseous so I hope that means it's rising). My draw on Monday was 14,834. Anyway just wondering if anyone has a story like this with a happy ending? The doctor didn't seem very concerned but I am. We are going another ultrasound Monday.
Thanks!

Re: Measuring 4 days behind- success stories?

• Options
    I was measuring 5 days behind and am now 18 weeks. When I was freaking out about measuring behind my RE told me that there was a 3-4 day margin of error with early ultrasounds so as long as everything was progressing as expected not to worry about measuring behind.
  • Options
    Typically anything within a week is not concerning. It could be late implantation, late ovulation, off dates or margin of error. First son was measuring more than a week behind and he's a healthy, thriving 2 year old. Current pregnancy is measuring 1 week behind at 13 weeks and I'm 100% sure of my dates, but s/he is thriving as well. As long as things progress like they should try not to worry 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try not to worry, sometimes the machine is just off by a couple days. When can you go in for a repeat u/s? Good luck 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks. I go back tomorrow. In the mean time my HCG only went from 14500 to 17000 in 48 hours so I think that's another bad sign. I haven't been able to find info about HCG doubling when it's that high. I guess I'll have answers either way tomorrow!
  • Options
    Any updates? Hope all is well 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just to update in case someone comes across this post in the future. We went back a week later and baby measured 6+5 with a heartbeat of 120 which was good. I was still nervous about measuring behind. Went back last Wednesday (should have been 8+6 but according to the ultrasound should have been measuring 8 weeks) baby measured 7 weeks with no heartbeat. So unfortunately not a happy ending for me. Maybe my nerves/bad feeling was mother's intuition :(
  • Options
    How did you get ultrasound so early? They won't see me until week 9
  • Options
    Heyyy, Knottie, that's a really great question for the questions thread on your BMB. Not for someone who just had a miscarriage. 

@gobluexc I'm so sorry about the outcome. Please take care of yourself. It's so hard to have your emotions yo-yo on that level. I'm here if you want to talk. The loss boards here are really good, too. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18