1st Trimester

Telling DH

AlyDeneeAlyDenee member
edited September 2017 in 1st Trimester
I am looking for a special way to tell DH (dear husband) we are expecting #4. (But doesn't everyone want to make extra special?!
Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Telling DH

• I made this for DH. I did something similar for both of our dads too since we told them over Father's Day. DH really liked it because it was simple and he can set it on his desk at work 

You could also do your kids handprints or something and leave a blank space "to be filled in 2017" 

Congratulations on your pregnancy!
  • Loading the player...
  • AlyDenee said:
    I am looking for a special way to tell DH (dear husband) we are expecting #4. (But doesn't everyone want to make extra special?!
    Ill be blunt:  No, not everyone wants to make it extra special.  The more simple the better.

Go out to dinner with him as a date night and tell him there.  It doesn't have to be cutsie.  Then again, we are very simple people and don't think that everything has to be done in an "extra special" way.

Sorry, but I've been through hell just to have my miracle child, so me running out of the bathroom crying with the positive test was special enough for DH.  Nothing fancy.  
    Okay, just a couple of things,
    1. You seem annoyed by her wanting to tell her husband in a special way and I don't understand why. I get that you've been through the wringer but your experience doesn't have anything to do with hers. I haven't had it easy either but I wouldn't be annoyed by someone wanting to make this moment special.

2. She has three kids. Date nights aren't so easy. They can't just go out on a whim. Babysitters are involved. What seems simple to you is actually quite complicated sometimes. 

Good luck with your pregnancy. I hope your miracle child is happy and healthy and everything you've been hoping for. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • The last 3 times I just texted him a picture of the test.... I have no idea, OP? Have you checked Pinterest? They always have some cute ideas for announcements. Congratulations  :)

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • For baby #1 we were not trying, so it was basically just this:

Me: Can you buy me a pregnancy test when you go to the store? (I really didn't think I was pregnant)

H: Sure, whatever.

*An hour or so later*

Me: ...Honey does this look like a positive to you?

Lol this time around we are actively trying for baby #2. I bought my daughter a shirt that says Big Sister on it. When I hopefully get a positive I'll put it on her and wait for my husband to notice. It's not too fancy but perfect for us.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had all these cute ideas to give him a onesie and book from his favourite movie but what actually happened was I woke DH up crying that the IVF worked and I was pregnant.

You can never go wrong with a message on a cake/favourite dessert. Simple and delicious
  • I had all these cute ideas to give him a onesie and book from his favourite movie but what actually happened was I woke DH up crying that the IVF worked and I was pregnant.

You can never go wrong with a message on a cake/favourite dessert. Simple and delicious
    Go with the cake.

Everyone likes cake.

And if they don't, they're wrong.
    :wink:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023