Babies on the Brain

Introduce yourself here :)

Re: Introduce yourself here :)

• Loading the player...
  • Hi @ihope36!  Welcome!  Here's hoping it doesn't take you as long this time around!
  • Welcome, @ihope36!
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @ihope36 - welcome to the BOTB!
  • edited August 2017
    Greetings! My wife and I are in our 30s ( edited because I mistyped our ages! OOPS! :s  ) y/o and to say we've got BBOTB is an understatement!

I was involved in some groups online awhile back, but then benched myself from our plan to plan TTC (yes I was planning to plan...Type-A all the way here!) because of some back issues: herniating/bulged discs in lower back.  I figured those issues and TTGP weren't the best combination, so we paused the conversation.  Getting a Epidural Steroid injection shot tomorrow morning which (**fingers crossed**) will alleviate all this back drama so I can get back onto my baby making plan! So my brain is literally overloading on baby-making and I can't wait to continue the plan! 

Meeting later this month with our Fertility Dr to do all necessary blood work and start unmedicated IUI for next cycle or the one after.  We have already selected the anonymous sperm donor we'll use, and will place the order for the lil swimmers as soon as we have the go-ahead!  We'll be using my oven for the baking :)

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• Welcome @lazyornghousecat! Your avatar looks familiar - were you here before with a different screen name?
  • Thanks!! Yes it was a really long name and kept getting cut off in the windows on the side...so it annoyed me and I changed it.  I wasn't kidding when I said I am Type-A!  ;)

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

• Welcome @lazyornghousecat! If you "plan to plan" you'll fit right in with us haha :)
  • @lazyornghousecat Welcome!  I hope your shot goes well tomorrow!
  • Thanks! :)

• Welcome aboard, @lazyornghousecat! Good luck with your epidural tomorrow! I've had a couple of steroid injections for my back issues, but not one of those. I hope it helps with your pain, because chronic back pain sucks.
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited August 2017
    @lazyornghousecat Welcome!!

Edit bc I'm the worst at tagging 
  • @lazyornghousecat welcome! Hope the steroid injection went well and you get to schedule that IUI so soon! 
  • Hi guys I'm back here. I don't know how active I'm going to be right now but I'll be participating again soon. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Oh no, @kindbytealikat I'm so sorry :(
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @kindbytealikat Oh, I'm so sorry.  Take care of yourself.  I'm sending you hugs.
  • @kindbytealikat oh no! I'm so sorry  :( sending you love and good thoughts.
  • @kindbytealikat :(  I'm so, so sorry 
  • Oh @kindbytealikat I am so sorry. I am sending hugs. 

• @kindbytealikat I'm so so sorry :( I hope your stay back with us is brief *big creepy internet hugs*
  • @kindbytealikat oh I'm so sorry to see you back here. *hugs* just a PM away if you need to vent or rage or just chat. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Ages (you and SO): I'm 25 (26 in November) and my husband is 27 (28 in May)
    What brings you to BOTB?  We're both anxious to start a family of our own.  
    When will you start TTC? I took my last BC August 6 (mid pack)
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.):  Myself and DH have been together 5 years and married since May.  We purchased our first home last January.  We both have a bit of baby fever.  We definitely feel ready for this next step!  We have a beautiful beagle named Lilly who is 3 years old.  We both enjoy reading and watching Netflix.  We are proud Canadians and proud Canadien fans as well ;)

Me: 25 │DH: 27
    Married: 05/27/2017
    TTC #1 since 08/07/2017

• LilLambie said:
    Hi guys. I've been lurking, so I'll introduce myself so I'm not a random poster. 

Ages (you and SO): we are both 25
    What brings you to BOTB? I have an adorable 9 month old ds (July 2016) and I'm starting to consider baby number 2. I'm not actively ttc so I don't think I belong on the ttc board yet. I lurk around a lot, and I happened across this board so figured I might see if I fit in better here. 
    When will you start TTC? Around ds's first birthday. I want them close, and I also want to be done with pregnancy. *Tw* I had a late term loss followed by a really rough pregnancy and birth and have had pretty bad ppa/ppd so I just want to be done *end tw*. I'm still periodless so that might cause some issues. 
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) I'm a science assistant at a high school. I'm a trained teacher, but when I got sick the first pregnancy I dropped back and have just stayed at the easier job. DH is an engineer, working on housing developments. We have 2 dogs (Samwell and Tarly). DH is a board game nerd, and I'm very bookish. I love Harry Potter, Twilight, Vampire Academy, Miss Peregrine, and other series of a similar genre. 

Hopefully you don't mind having me here :)
    LOVE the names of your dogs!!

TTC #1 since 08/07/2017

• Welcome! If you change your user name it will make it easier for us to tag and remember you! 

• Welcome! If you change your user name it will make it easier for us to tag and remember you! 
    Thanks!  I've just changed it :)

TTC #1 since 08/07/2017

• @josteele91  Hi!  Welcome!
  • @josteele91 Welcome!
  • @josteele91 Welcome! Love that chihuahua gif, haha  :)
  • @diaphena @dreamscapes_ @KFrob Thanks for making a girl feel welcome ☺️ I also love the chiwawa GIF haha. 

So, what does everyone do for a living? I'll start, I'm an insurance adjuster. I really enjoy what I do - contrary to the lady below lol

TTC #1 since 08/07/2017

• @josteele91 My husband and I both work at Disney World.
  • @dreamscapes_ OMG!  That must be amazing!  That's always been a fantasy of mine!  My husband is an electrician.  It's pretty handy, but working at WDW takes the cake!!
    TTC #1 since 08/07/2017

• @josteele91 Well, they hire just about every position under the sun, from "basic" stuff like cashiers and housekeepers to skilled positions like electricians and carpenters to white collar corporate positions. I say "basic" because working there is anything BUT basic, since we have such a high volume and high standards for service. I used to be a pastry cook at Magic Kingdom, but I hurt my back (you'll find that I mention being in pain a lot), so now I work in attractions because I can't do the heavy lifting anymore. DH is a food handler at one of the resorts, which means that he and his team handle the truck deliveries and take everything to where it's supposed to go. He actually has an interview to transfer to something new in two hours. I'm about 98% sure he's gonna get it, it'll just depend on how long the wait list is.