Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY: AW Your Pet(s)

Let's hear about your fur babies! 

1) What kind of breed/pet do you have?

2) What is your favorite thing about them?

3) Do they have any silly quirks?

4) What is their "gotcha" story?

5) AW with a photo! 

Re: GTKY: AW Your Pet(s)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @krashke 1) I LOVE the name Glen for a cat! 2) such beautiful markings around his eyes :)
  • Options
    @krashke Hahaha Glen yawning in the shark bed is the best! We take our pup to breweries too. Sometimes I think she has more fun than we do. 

@catlady1215 Aw how sweet of you to take in the little one! I love how fluffy she is! 
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor Grace has anxiety too. It must be the collie. She will chew and actually eat things. She is particularly fond of bed skirts, throw blankets, and wood work (like trim and stair edges) because of this she is kenneled anytime were gone (for her own safety) and she is on anxiety meds ($65 a month  :s) but we just want her to be happy and healthy mentally and physically. I love that you could take Sasha to bark in the park. That looks so fun. I will have to see if any of the baseball teams around here offer that. Also, your wedding looks beautiful! 

@wishiwaspreggo Glen was named after whiskey, Glenlivet, Glen Moray and Glenfiddich. We had a former cat that was named Gus. We have a thing for G names. 
    Gus in spoiler

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @krashke Definitely a collie trait. We tried everything for Sasha. The anxiety meds didn't help. She was still breaking out (crates and windows) and I was worried she'd be loopy and wander into a street without realizing it so I took her off of them. We also tried the supposedly indestructible crate. It took her longer to figure out how to break out but she eventually did.  :| She's lost most of her teeth from the chewing (notice her floppy tongue, haha). I'm glad your pup seems to take the crate better! 

• Options
    krash_krash_ member
    edited September 2017
    @darkstar42 and @SkilledSailor the shark bed was the best $10 I have ever spent on Amazon! 

And @SkilledSailor I'm sorry to hear that the meds didn't help Sasha. Grace has never gotten out of her crate but if there is anything within tongue distance she will find a way to pull it in and eat it. We do give her a Kong with peanut butter in the morning when we put her in there and that helps entice her to go in. Do you have to soften up Sasha's food if she has lost her teeth? 

Those silly collies getting all worked up over nothing! 
    *TW LC*

• Options

@tamalahoops AW Iz is adorable and you can actually tell by her face that she is smart. Story is priceless!

@wishiwaspreggo Wow you do have a senior bunch. But they sound like they are all so sweet. It is sad to see them get old, but so wonderful to know that they have led a good life and so loved. 

@jrm_14 Your pup is too cute. I just love that look on her face waiting for that treat. Haha my cats like to go between the shower curtains and watch too. She is super cute and so good that she gets along with the dog too. 

@krashke Grace is beautiful! I am pretty sure my cat likes MH better than me too! Love those poses. 

@catlady1215 beautiful kitties!

@skilledsailor Sasha is lovely. And your cat looks super sweet. My cats, the belly is a no fly zone. 

• Options

@skilledsailor omgosh, the fluff! my little girl used to shed her coat every summer to this scranny looking cat. then be super fluffy all winter. we got her fixed this past February and she didn't shed this summer... and I was happy cause I love fluffy cats!

I love all these pics!!!

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @darkstar42 - I love when people name their pets after artists/musicians! My brother named is dog Jaco after Jaco Pastorius (jazz musician) because my brother is a jazz musician, too. Everyone refers to Jaco as "he" and it annoys my brother because the pooch is female. Well, he did give her a male name... lol
  • Options
    @kiwi2628 how do you sign your cat/animal up to be a blood donor? 
    @nitnat007 Love the markings on Apple! And those crazy "it's my stick" eyes! lol
    *TW LC*

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Haha, yes that was Tarfu who jumped up ontop of the coats on the door :D silly puppy! She sounds like a princess ;)
    Eta: both kitters also love to creep in the shower, they sit between the liner and curtain and meow or try to push each other in the water :D 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    Everyone's pets are so cute!!!! 

@doxiemoxie212 LOVE your doxie!!! My DH is 6'1" and he'll be standing deep in thought and she'll be sitting at his feet and he won't see her.  She'll "yell" to get his attention and he'll jump a mile high.  It's so startling lol I totally know what you mean.  "Pick me up!" We let our's sit at the table on pillows when we're playing board games.  It's hilarious

• Options
    MrsBunzMrsBunz member
    edited September 2017
    @SkilledSailor she definitely looks like a berner, and they are known for their anxiety (my parents have one), if she is a berner/collie mix she might be getting it from both genetic sides.
    @krashke what anxiety meds? Our dog had severe separation anxiety when MH deployed the first time and we had to put her on prozac and ativan. She was on them threw the deployment and the first few months after homecoming, but then we weaned her off them. I got them at Walgreens and they weren't too bad, price wise.   
    TTGP October siggy 

***TW Living child and loss mentioned***

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    13 March 2017: Loss at 4+6

• Options
    @krashke when I was in veterinary school my school had a massive referral hospital so they had a whole blood bank, so thats where I did it. Now, he donates to the local emergency clinic.
  • Options
    @MrsBunz she is on Clomicalm which is clomipramine hydrochloride. Not sure if we can get a generic. I've been meaning to call the vet to ask if there is something less expensive but it works and it hasn't affected her personality so it's worth it. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    gimmiethebumpgimmiethebump member
    edited September 2017
    Let's hear about your fur babies! 
    We just got a new husky puppy!!

1) What kind of breed/pet do you have? Yorkie (Prince) and Husky (Apollo and Dream)

2) What is your favorite thing about them? They comfort me when I am feeling down.

3) Do they have any silly quirks?  The huskies do this crazy super hyper run... slightly terrifying but hilarious lol. My Princey does his crazy run when you mention the word "outside" lol.

4) What is their "gotcha" story?

5) AW with a photo! 

Princey 5 years old and Dreamy 2 months old

Apollo 10 months old

• Options
    MrsBunzMrsBunz member
    edited September 2017
    @krashke there is a generic of Clomicalm (called Clomipramine or just clomipramine hydrochloride) used with people, but I'm not sure if it is approved for veterinary use. It may be worth asking the vet. 
    TTGP October siggy 

***TW Living child and loss mentioned***

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    13 March 2017: Loss at 4+6

• Options
    @gimmiethebump OMG puppies!! But I cant see the pic (if you posted one.  :(
  • Options
    I don' have any fur babies anymore but I am loving looking at all your adorable fur babies
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @kindbytealikat what pets did you have in the past??
  • Options
    @purplg8r OMG! You can take your dog to Disney?! Sasha is about to go one the longest car ride of her life because she has to experience the most magical place on earth! Really though, is this a special event they hold?