2nd Trimester
Options

Sushi?!?!

Re: Sushi?!?!

• Options
    You're not supposed to eat anything RAW. 
  • Options
    OP:  If it's from a very reputable place and it's in moderation it will be ok.  Just stay away from high mercury fish/seafood.  I definately wouldn't eat it from a gas station ;)  

So you don't eat raw veggies? Fruit?  Oh heaven forbid I ate a cold cut sandwich at a reputable place and I ate my steaks from our local butcher med/rare and sometimes ate my eggs over easy.........my doctor said it's fine, as long as it was in moderation and from reputable places.  My LO is perfectly healthy. Also, i made sure that my food came from reputable sources.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Meh... I'm not a person who worries much about these things. Do what you feel comfortable doing during your pregnancy. I'm not a fan of sushi, but I never stopped drinking coffee, or eating deli meat, or having fountain drinks during any of my pregnancies... 

Lol If my local grocery store deli is considered a "reputable place" then I'm good to go. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    OP:  If it's from a very reputable place and it's in moderation it will be ok.  Just stay away from high mercury fish/seafood.  I definately wouldn't eat it from a gas station ;)  

So you don't eat raw veggies? Fruit?  Oh heaven forbid I ate a cold cut sandwich at a reputable place and I ate my steaks from our local butcher med/rare and sometimes ate my eggs over easy.........my doctor said it's fine, as long as it was in moderation and from reputable places.  My LO is perfectly healthy. Also, i made sure that my food came from reputable sources.   

Pretty sure she was using "anything" loosely and referring to sushi. 

I usually stick to the cooked stuff. I don't really know how you would definitively determine the reputability of any restaurant or store.
  • Options
    I eat sushi still will pregnant, but in moderation and from reputable places. To me that means establishments that I have had before that are more on the high end side of things. Sushi is my favorite food, but I do limit it to about 1 maybe 2 times a trimester. That is what I am comfortable with though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    As long as sushi isn't a staple in your diet it should be fine (according to my OB who is also not concerned with deli meat).
  • Options
    I eat all the things 
  • Options
    I miss sushi so much but I don't want to take any chances. I'm at 17 weeks now and have made it this far but if the cravings get really bad, I would feel comfortable with a cooked roll. I'd stay away from any raw fish, personally. Better safe than sorry.
  • Options
    There are PLENTY of pregnant women in Japan having healthy babies guys. Sushi is considered healthy there and is eaten throughout pregnancy in Japan. I personally still enjoy a sushi roll with eel (eel is cooked) from time to time, also they do have FRIED sushi rolls which are very good. Do I eat sushi every day? No. I don't eat sushi from gas stations or grocery stores, only restaurants. Basically, depending where you live, most of the fish that is brought into restaurants still has to be heated prior to packaging and transfer, so you're ok. 
     For the most part if YOU feel comfortable eating it while pregnant, just do it in moderation and don't let other judgmental mom's get you down because you're not doing things THEIR way.