Trouble TTC

TTTC Checkin 09/04/217 (double updates)

GoldenKeysGoldenKeys admin
edited September 2017 in Trouble TTC
Hello all,

I'm combining the last  two week's updates in this post because I was doing volunteer care package collection work for Hurricane victims last week.   My apologies for no checkin post...

Extra special hugs, thoughts and prayers for our own @tops-2 and @Worldtravler0522 you are not alone...

Welcome @mac627 to the board!

Not sure if we have any board members who live in the greater Houston TX area, if you do please PM me for referrals to resources.

Otherwise, how is everybody doing?

2017 BFP Hall Fame

BecauseLove dx: amenorrhea, PCOS  Rx: IVF
MandyBeeSLP: dx: low progesterone, borderline PCOS, vitamin D insufficiency Rx:  IUI with letrozole
MountainLady: dx: Unexplained, Rx: Letrozole
kd0202: dx: Unexplained, LPD Rx: Clomid 50mg
pawcall: dx: MFI(morph) + testing Rx: unmedicated IUI
PoeMasque dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
MJDsquared : dx: PCOS Rx:Letrozole
greenange dx: anovulatory PCOS w/insulin resistance Rx: Metformin, Letrozole, trigger + TI
mrswifeytoad:  dx: PCOS  Rx: metformin + Clomid
SunflowerMama428: dx: pcos, blocked fallopian tube Rx: clomid
vintageandrea90: dx:PCOS  Rx:Femara + trigger + TI

PAGING:

@Bababatty: dx:Low Motility  Rx: Letrozole + trigger + IUI
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@hoffmanr7: dx: unexplained Rx:  Clomid 100mg
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mlight28: dx Unexplained Rx: Clomid
@MrsM00re87: dx: DOR PCOS, low morph Rx: Femara + TI
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@seethosestars:  Dx: DOR + MFI and Rx: letrozole + IUI
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@smokinangel: possible PCOS, MTHFR gene, slight MFI Rx: trying to regulate hormones naturally
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@Labluver2 dx: testing
@laurad75 dx: possible DOR  Rx: IVF
@funkykey dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid + IUI
@Worldtravler0522 dx: PCOS/Unexplained Rx: IVF
@notamyrtle: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI + injects
@kyersten: dx: Scar tissue Rx: IVF
@Kim41313: dx: MFI Rx: waiting for testing
@MountainLady: dx: Unexplained Rx: Letrozole + IUI / possible IVF
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@MooFish2364 fibroid + endo Rx: surgery + TI
@Tops: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: Metformin, testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@msstephanielynn: dx:septate uterus, MTHFR  Rx: surgery
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin, progesterone
@brittlefebvre: in testing
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@kristimh80: dx: unexplained Rx: Injectables + trigger + IUI
@SoonToBeMommaHowe: dx: Unexplained  Rx: naturally until IVF
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing
@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing
@Asampson87: dx: unexplained + MFI  Rx: metformin + testing
@soehlerk: dx: Unexplained Rx: Clomid + IUI
@hannahlce: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin + letrozole
@emmasemm: dx: DOR & autoimmune Rx: testing
@tinabell8: dx: unexplained, RPL Rx: baby aspirin, testing
@floridanursegirl: dx: unexplained anovulation Rx:Metformin, IUI+Femara+trigger
@mac627 dx: low amh, possible blocked tube  Rx: testing, Follistim, trigger, IUI

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:
1.  How long have you been TTC?
2.  What is your diagnosis?
3.  What is your current Rx plan?

QOTW: What do you need to go easier on yourself about?

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

Re: TTTC Checkin 09/04/217 (double updates)

• Hey, just over here keeping the bench warm. Seeing a high risk OB tomorrow for the potential clotting disorder that no one can decide if I even have. And praying that my period comes on Sep 23, otherwise I'm out of luck for getting the septate surgery this month, too. Any way to delay a period from coming? I'm usually a few days before the predicted date (which 23 is when I'm predicted). If it comes a day earlier, I may just fib on the CD1 date... 

QOTW: What do you need to go easier on yourself about? Admittedly a perfectionist, living in an imperfect world! I need to let it all go! 
  • I'm still hanging on...just trying to HIO every month and hoping that I get lucky and something sticks. Not much else I can do until my next RE appointment as he wants us to try naturally. There's not much they can do since I ovulate and have regular cycles. Any other endo ladies out there? Do you have any advice?

I would say I'm similar to you @msstephanielynn. I am a perfectionist and a planner. Which is why this whole not being able to get pregnant thing has just put my life in a crazy tailspin. I hate not being able to plan, work hard, and achieve my goal like I can do with most other things in life. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Worldtravler0522 I just saw your update on the other thread and i am so, so, so very sorry and frustrated for you. This is absolutely the worst, and just so traumatic. I wish so much that this didn't keep happening to you. I pray for some miracle for you, that this one pulls through. Lots of hugs and prayers for you today. Please be mad, be angry, be frustrated, be sad, and take all the time you need to process those feelings. None of this is fair at all. 

@GoldenKeys I'm glad you're able to do some hands on work to help the hurricane victims!

@msstephanielynn Does your period need to start exactly on the 23rd? Progesterone after O can delay a period until you stop taking it, although it's not a precise science as to when it will start after you stop. I'd talk to your doctor about how you can best work to ensure your surgery.

@MooFish2364 When is your next appointment?

AFM We saw our RE on Friday. Or remaining frosties are Fair (BB) quality. Unfortunately, I need to do an SHG since it's been over a year since my HSG (I'm just so glad I don't need to repeat that because the cramps were so sharp I told DH I was seriously reconsidering natural pregnancy if labor was worse than this, lol). So that means no FET until late October. I'm annoyed we have to miss yet ANOTHER cycle, but we'll still HIO on our own.

QOTW: I berate myself a lot because I don't think I do my job as well as I should. I think this comes down to also being a perfectionist. My boss clearly doesn't agree with my self-assessment, which is good! Living in NYC, I'm also often feel inadequate finance-wise, but I need to remind myself that I chose not to go into business, finance, or law, I have a good life, and I'm still comfortable. I don't need a doorman and luxury apartment building, even if I think it would be nice....  :D
  • @Worldtravler0522 I missed your update. I am so so sorry. Life is just so cruel and unfair. 

@Bababatty I have an appointment in November. I'm sorry you have to wait longer for your transfer. I can imaging how anxious you are to get the party started. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MooFish2364  Exactly! There is no planning here. And even when you think you have a plan things seem to go haywire and change. 
    @Bababatty Curious - have you had an SHG before? For me the SHG was worse than the HSG. Unfortunately, it has to start on or shortly thereafter the 23rd, because I have to be in the CD5-12 day window. The doctor is out the first part of the week (and they won't allow for someone else to do it) and then is already booked the later part of the week, which allows for 1 available day (CD12). Usually they do birth control to control when the CD1 comes, but because of a suspected clotting disorder I can't be on it and unfortunately I only get to talk to the nurses at this clinic and they assure me that they will "figure it out" Ugh.

• @Worldtravler0522 I am heartbroken for you.  I'm so sorry.

@GoldenKeys Thanks for your hard work at Harvey--I know you were a blessing to people there.

Today is CD 24, just 7-8 DPO, and I've just started bleeding.  I'm 99% certain it's the start of a period (it's more than just spotting), but the trademark AF pain hasn't shown up yet.  Last cycle the bleeding started 2-3 hours before the pain hit, so I expect I'm out...and after all the drama with the broken arm too.   :'(

I also just had my progesterone tested this morning, so we're waiting on the results of that.

QOTW: My weight/figure.  I work out 4-5x/week (usually some light cardio), and I'm only maybe 10-20lbs over my goal weight, and no one would describe me as "fat," but I hate feeling uncomfortable in my clothes.  There's such an intense sense of shame associated with weight, and I have a tough time letting go of that.  But my mental and emotional energy is completely taken up by this infertility stuff; I just don't have any left to crack down on my diet or amp up my exercise routine.  And for now that has to be ok.
    Married: Nov 2010
    TTC #1 since: Aug 2016
    Dx: Unexplained
    6 failed IUIs on Letrazole & Ovidrel
    Final (#7) IUI - BFP!
    EDD: Nov 2018
    Team Pink!
    Me: 31/DH: 30

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • soehlerksoehlerk member
    edited September 2017
    Just got progesterone results back: 3.5, same as last time.  It should be at least 10.  RE wants to bump me up to 200mg Clomid; I just shot her an email asking why we aren't doing progesterone supplements along with the Clomid.  Feeling really bummed about this.  :(
    Final (#7) IUI - BFP!
    Team Pink!

• @goldenkeys well done helping out with hurricane victims, that's really an awesome thing to do. I have friends and colleagues in the area and they said how grateful they were for all the different types of support they received

Update from me - well after my panic about having pre-AF symptoms last week and moving my RE appointment forward a week, guess what... still WFAF! All the meds are safely in the fridge waiting. I feel like my body is playing a joke on me because it knows we plan to start stims on CD3... I was really calm after seeing the RE for a few days but the last two days I felt pretty emotional and stressed again - I guess it's the excitement/worry and PMS combined. And even DH has started sending messages a few times a day asking if AF has arrived yet, so I know he's feeling it too. I have moments of feeling totally zen... and then not!  
    And sorry - I know these are real IVF-newbie issues and I haven't even started the meds yet... Gonna be a fun few weeks ahead!

QOTW definitely about not controlling everything in the whole world - or trying to. I think the whole IVF process is going to be a massive learning curve for this...

@msstephanielynn hope your AF turns up much more on time than mine! That's really a pain with them only having one date available for the surgery. But maybe some other ladies will have different dates and they can fit you in one of their slots on short notice. Fx

@MooFish2364 full sympathies for your situation, after trying for more than two years before we got in with an RE and really started treatments. Sorry can't offer any experience re endo

@Bababatty Thats great you have the frosties and you know they are ready for after the SHG, though sucks you need to do it. Hopefully then you have the best conditions for the frosties to go back in

@soehlerk Thats a real pain with the progesterone, though I think totally fair to ask the RE why no progesterone! I mean maybe she has her reasons but she should at least explain them to you!!  Oh and I was really rooting for you what with how much of a good sport your DH was with the arm!

Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• BababattyBababatty member
    edited September 2017
    @soehlerk I'm so sorry that it seems like you're out already. You should DEFINITELY be on progesterone if you're already bleeding 7 or 8 DPO. Insist on it for next cycle because that's not normal and it's not fair to you to put you through an entire cycle if they're not taking care of a possibly underlying problem.

@msstephanielynn No, I haven't had an SHG before, but I'd heard others who thought they were easier. Of course there are plenty of people who had no problem with an HSG, either, so I won't know until it happens. Honestly, I'm sure it's going to suck a lot because my uterus does not appreciate interference of any kind, haha. I'm sorry about the timing of the surgery. That's so frustrating! I really hope you're able to get to the 23rd and avoid all this unnecessary stress.
  • Thank you for the endless support ladies, it means a lot especially because I feel like none of my friends are around anymore.  I just feel like I'm in a very lonely and isolated place and I hate it.  I hate that my infertility is not only draining my savings but my support system too.  I will know more Friday and I am praying for a God sized miracle but being where I've been before I am prepared for the news we will likely get.  I'm just so sad because this is the first time I have really thought this may never happen for me, I may never be a mom and that just breaks my heart.  :(

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• hey ladies. it's tough reading all the struggles we are all going through in this journey, but thank goodness we have this outlet to support each other. People who haven't gone through loss or loss of hope with fertility just don't get how difficult and overwhelming it is and can be.

@GoldenKeys so good to hear you were helping with all the efforts. the world needs more people like you!

@msstephanielynn really hope your intended schedule works out for you!

@MooFish2364 while I dont suffer from endo, I am on the same "try" naturally plan and its tough having hope that everything is going to work itself out naturally. I hope it does!

@Bababatty I'm sorry you have to wait till October, I hope the time passes quickly!

@soehlerk that really stinks about the bleeding  :( I would certainly be asking about progesterone supplements too; especially with it coming up so low. Let us know what your RE says. 

@emmasemm while I don't have experience with IVF, I know waiting can be the worst part and such a mental trip. Hang in there!

@Worldtravler0522 still thinking of you and all you're going through. You've been through a lot of loss and its normal to feel defeated given how tough this journey has been, but know that things will change. you are meant to be a mom and will. keep us posted on your doctor's appt

AFM, I am in mental jail as per the usual lately. I'm12 days DPO and feeling unsure. I keep overthinking every little symptom I'm feeling, wondering if this month is the month, and then trying to get myself back down to reality of a BFP not being the case. I go for my BETA on Friday morning and am trying to hold out on a HPT till Friday, but we'll see if I wait. Praying this time will be different. 

QOTW: I need to stop comparing myself to everyone in my life who is pregnant right now- there are just SO many. I battle with feeling resentment towards them and then feeling guilty about that too. This weekend, my husbands best friend and wife are having their gender reveal party. We really love them so we feel like we should go, but I'm struggling with it. It's hard not thinking about yourself :(
    Christina, 33 / Married DH 32
    TTC since Oct 2016

dx: Unexplained; Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    History: 3 Consecutive MCs
    • 1/13/17 1st-Blighted Ovum @ 11w with d&c,
    • 5/4/17 2nd-natural miscarriage at 6w4d, 
    • 7/13/17 3rd- CP
    • 8/11/17 BFN (aspirin)
    • 9/8/17 BFN (aspirin)
    • 10/7 BFN (200mg progesterone)
    • IUI #1 10/20 and 10/21 (Letrozole 2.5mg & Ovidrel Trigger): BFP! 
    • beta hcg levels 11/3= 164 mIU/mL, 11/6= 749 mIU/mL, 11/15=26,516mIU/mL
  • Hi ladies. Quick check in for me. I live in Florida, so super busy over here prepping for Hurricane Irma!! 

I was lurking around last week and I want to send love and hugs to @Worldtravler0522 and @tops-2. So sorry for what you ladies are going though <3  Also sending hugs to @Bababatty, so sorry for the failed cycle. 

AFM, BFN after IUI #2. We will be taking a break this month for several reasons while we decide what to do next. We both feel like if this cycle didn't work with the great numbers we had then and IUI probably won't do it for us, so we are going to be exploring our IVF options. 

I'll try to lurk as much as possible but things are about to get crazy for me over here. Rooting for all of you awesome ladies!  <3
  • Hi everyone,
    As usual, I can't thank you all enough for all the support I've received here. In a mixture of horrible and wonderful (as awful as that sounds) one of my best friends has also had a mmc at the same time as me. So we've been able to support each other and talk through things together. It was both of our first pregnancy too, and we've had similar experiences. The main difference is that she's one of the lucky sods who got KU naturally.
    As some of you would have seen in my last posts, I was given the medicated management option. They did say the bleeding could take up to 7 days to start, but most people start in the first 24 hours. Its been 6 days now and I'm so frustrated. I just want it gone so we can move on and start trying again. I've had heaps of red and brown mucus (sorry for TMI!) coming out each day so I'm hoping the bleeding starts tonight, otherwise I'll have to go in for a d&c, which I was wanting to avoid.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling - that's where we're at right now :(

QOTW: What do you need to go easier on yourself about?
    Too many to list - so many things. My anxiety, my weight, getting pregnant, blaming my body for the mc, my lack of social life, spending too much time online, should read more, should exercise more, should spend more time outside.. etc I could go on lol

Me: 26, DH: 26
    TTC #1 since July 2016
    Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
    • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
    • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker

• soehlerksoehlerk member
    edited September 2017
    So I heard back from my RE: "Putting you on progesterone is not going to help your ovarian response, the progesterone is not the goal, it is the quality of the ovulation that we are assessing."  So I guess that makes sense--now I've got an appointment to meet w/ her Friday morning.
    Final (#7) IUI - BFP!
    Team Pink!

• @Bababatty - I hate waiting for the FET.

Also, so funny what you said about finances - I always think New Yorkers are so wealthy, because it's so hard to make it there. Like, they might live in some tiny apartment with a shitty kitchen, but their tiny apartment is worth a giant estate somewhere in the South. A doorman and luxury building, that's like billionaire-style!! LOL. You've probably seen it, but this makes me laugh every time: https://www.theonion.com/article/84-million-new-yorkers-suddenly-realize-new-york-c-18003

@Worldtravler0522 - Again, I'm so sorry. Keeping FX for Friday. What a terrible journey this has been for you - it's really, profoundly unfair. I don't know what the next steps will/should be - I don't know what the doctors will/won't recommend, or enough about PGD/PGS. I know you have to do what's right for you though.

So many times through this, I've said to my husband: "What is the difference between perseverance and stupidity?" There are no guarantees on this journey, and some people have it so much easier than others. I see that even in the IVF threads - some women get pregnant right away with their first FET whereas others get pregnant after their 3rd round of IVF... and then others never do. 

We don't know who is going to be successful and who isn't. We don't know if there's a baby just around the next corner, you know? When you're in the IVF realm especially, you're taking HUGE risks - nothing is for sure, and really your entire future hangs in the balance.

This shit is hard. I'm so, so sorry. I hate it so much.

@Kim41313 - thinking of you. Sorry for your BFN and really hoping Irma doesn't disrupt too much.

QOTW: After much therapy, I try really hard to go easier on myself about everything. Honestly, I think as women, we are socialized to be harder on ourselves and each other - we are held to a higher standard than men, especially in the workplace - and I think it's such bullshit. I try to be really aware of the ways I've internalized that sexism and to push all those notions out of my head. 

It's hard though, because sometimes there are things I actually *should* be hard on myself about and I ignore them a little too long because I'm like: "bah, it's probably just sexism." Whoops! LOL. 
  • Hi ladies, after a long and much needed break I am back. DH and I took the summer off from all tracking/monitoring after three failed IUIs and realizing we need 2 years to save for the IVF price tag and it was glorious.
     I'm currently CD3 and thinking I may get back into the OPK/TI game for a cpl months and then probably take the holidays off if nothing's happened. 
    TW* during our downtime DH and I started the process to get licensed for foster care and are about 6 weeks away from being done. So perhaps we'll be looking at a placement by the end of the year *TW

I did read a few of the previous updates and wanted to offer some huge hugs to @Worldtravler0522, @Bababatty & @tops-2 <3 I've missed this community and am looking forward to getting back into supporting everyone 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Sending lots of hugs to those who meed one! We are TTC again but part of me is terrified of seeing a BFP. I don't want to have to go through another loss. It randomly hits me at times. Everyone positing their first day of school pictures made me so sad that we will never experience that with our first... It's been a month and a half and some days it hurts so bad but I am finding my way through it. I hate feeling so alone in all of this.

QOTW: It ties into my post, that I need to stop feeling like I shouldn't still be sad about my loss. 

Sorry for such a negative post today. 

Me: 34 - SO: 40
    TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)
    Miscarriage on 7/19/17 at 7 weeks 
    Miscarriage on 10/16/17 at 5 weeks

• Lots of love to you @eranvo27. Please don't beat yourself up about grieving, what you're going through is totally normal. I lost my twins over two years ago and there are still times I can't talk about them without ugly crying. It will get easier as time passes but when the moment hits you to grieve please allow yourself to do it. Your baby, no matter how far along, was important and loved and it's ok to be sad about losing that. 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• well, got a BFN yesterday morning and just started bleeding so looks like i'm out again. still have to go tomorrow to get my bloodwork done, which is just annoying. I'm so frustrated and upset. Honestly thinking about stopping the daily aspirin since I had more success actually getting pregnant before I started taking it than the last two months. :(:(
    Christina, 33 / Married DH 32
    TTC since Oct 2016

dx: Unexplained; Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    History: 3 Consecutive MCs
    • 1/13/17 1st-Blighted Ovum @ 11w with d&c,
    • 5/4/17 2nd-natural miscarriage at 6w4d, 
    • 7/13/17 3rd- CP
    • 8/11/17 BFN (aspirin)
    • 9/8/17 BFN (aspirin)
    • 10/7 BFN (200mg progesterone)
    • IUI #1 10/20 and 10/21 (Letrozole 2.5mg & Ovidrel Trigger): BFP! 
    • beta hcg levels 11/3= 164 mIU/mL, 11/6= 749 mIU/mL, 11/15=26,516mIU/mL
  • @tinabell8 sorry for the bfn. Even if you half suspect it, seeing it and then starting bleeding for me is at least the point when it becomes concrete. Take care of yourself these next days.

AFM I also had a bfn yesterday and then today AF showed up today :-( 
    But on the other hand this means we're all systems go for IVF1 - Stims starting on Sunday evening and first monitoring next Friday! Scary and exciting in equal measure
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Hey everyone,
    So, 8 days since the medication management of my mc and still no bleeding, so I've been booked in for a d&c on Monday morning :( Wish me luck..
    TTC #1 since July 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• @emmasemm sorry for the BFN. I really hope your round of IVF goes well. Keep us updated. 

@tops-2 I'm sorry that you are still stuck in m/c limbo. I'm sure your D&C will go just fine. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will happen over the weekend. Keep us updated!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Staring Round 2 of iui. Insurance only covers 3 lifetime rounds and my insurance expires January 1st. Having a horrible time finding insurance that will cover even part of treatment. 
    Went in today for blood work and ultrasound to make sure I'm safe to start letrezol again. Have yet to talk to the nurse about the horrible prometrium pills they had me on they've been slammed the last few times I went in. But I have a lot of foclicals this month (last month I had 1 and 12 this month is something like 14 and 17) so I'm hoping for better odds. 

Some good news though is fiance is wanting to start taking steps to become foster-to-adopt approved after we move next summer regardless of whether or not we get pregnant. So now I get a new project to research :) 
  • Staring Round 2 of iui. Insurance only covers 3 lifetime rounds and my insurance expires January 1st. Having a horrible time finding insurance that will cover even part of treatment. 
    Went in today for blood work and ultrasound to make sure I'm safe to start letrezol again. Have yet to talk to the nurse about the horrible prometrium pills they had me on they've been slammed the last few times I went in. But I have a lot of foclicals this month (last month I had 1 and 12 this month is something like 14 and 17) so I'm hoping for better odds. 

Some good news though is fiance is wanting to start taking steps to become foster-to-adopt approved after we move next summer regardless of whether or not we get pregnant. So now I get a new project to research :) 
    @fluffybookworm we just went through the process of getting licensed to FtA, our homestudy (the last piece) is Wednesday. So if you have any questions about the process I'd be happy to answer :)
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @tops-2 :-( oh no, lots of luck for it to go smoothly on Monday at least. 

@moofish2364 thanks. Tonight I am home alone and snoozing on the couch with a hot water bottle, trying not to check the meds in the fridge more than every hour...

@fluffybookworm sounds like a great AFC, more than enough but not too many. Good luck researching! My parents did fostering and emergency fostering, but in the UK so don't have any process tips. It was a lifelong dream of my mum's and in the end my Dad discovered it was just as much his calling too.

@soontobemommahowe wow good luck for next Wednesday! 

Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F

• @tinabell8 I'm sorry to hear about your BFN 

@eranvo27 I'm sorry you are struggling with your loss.  Miscarriages are horrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I can tell you over time it does get a little easier.  

AFM-  *TW* My ultrasound showed no growth since my last scan and my HCG went from 1,100 to 17 so it's officially another loss.  I am meeting with another dr in the practice for a consult and then also I think I am going to get a second opinion from an outside source too.  I just struggle with the idea that I have gone through 8 embryos and all were not viable, there has to be more going on.     

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• @SoonToBeMommaHowe I have so many questions but I am seriously scatter brained at the moment so I will message you as soon as I get all my questions a little more organized 
  • I am new to the Bump and to the forums.  RE said Dx is unexplained but I can't help but feel it's an issue with DH. He doesn't "finish" every time we are TTC and is rarely in the mood however that is not something DH thinks is an issue so it's not discussed in our RE appointments.  It's so frustrating and angering as I want all of our issues out on the table so we can hopefully have a fighting chance for our family. It was a struggle to get DH on board with treatments because he doesn't want to know if there's a problem but finally he came around DH and we had our first IUI on 9/3. I am hoping by skipping the intimacy and stress of climax, we may have a better shot.  

I am a planner and an over thinker and way too emotional So I'm feeling anxious and am definitely over analyzing every possible symptom and feeling.  I feel alone a lot as DH doesn't like to dwell (as he says) on things or stress about them but it's all I want to talk about especially since we are in the TWW and it's all I can think about. 

• Hi!  I'm new and will intro on the main board next.  Hope it's okay that I popped in here but I could use a community!  I used to be very active on Bump.  Migrated a couple of years ago but am back because it's quiet there.  

1.  How long have you been TTC?  It'll be 2 years in October.

2.  What is your diagnosis?  .....don't have one!  Been through so much testing and everything is normal.

3.  What is your current Rx plan?  I'm starting IVF.  I'm due to start my antagonist protocol on 9/30.  Currently on bcp for the first time in a REALLY LONG time and my hormones are already ridiculous.  

QOTW: What do you need to go easier on yourself about?  I'm always the person who forgets to respond to friendly emails.  Like...from friends and family.  Between home and work and drs and bills, that's the stuff that gets ignored.  I'm not sure I should be easier on myself about it.  
  • @Worldtravler0522I'm so sorry!!! I agree a second opinion might be a good idea. Sending you lots of hugs! 

Me: 34 - SO: 40
    TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)
    Miscarriage on 7/19/17 at 7 weeks 
    Miscarriage on 10/16/17 at 5 weeks

• Hey guys, just checking in and sending hugs to anyone who might need one... I still don't have a surgery date, and when I get one, it will probably be a few weeks away anyway... which sucks, but also means I'll have a few months off of TTC - no more OPKs or clinic wait rooms or hormones or sore ovaries or bloodwork. Glorious!

But at the same time, even though I'm benched for a couple of months, I really do want to follow everyone and send all my good vibes. This sh*t is tough!!

@SoonToBeMommaHowe - I am glad and sad you're back. Sad because, as always, I want you to be KU-ed, but glad because it's like seeing a friend again. I hope all goes well with the foster care process, and also glad that your head is still in the game! xo

@eranvo27 - I hope you are feeling a little better this week. My hope is that the next one will be the sticky one, and it will happen soon!!! I'd be scared too; what happened to you is tragic. An MC is tough enough; an MC after trying for a year?! Brutal! I hope you are being kind to yourself!

@emmasemm - keeping FX for you!!

@tops-2 - how did it go?! How are you feeling?! I hope all went ok, and that you are recovering well... I'm so sorry, still. Ugh.

@Worldtravler0522 - thinking of you. God, how brutal your journey has been! I'm so sorry. :(

@aeb1116- welcome! I'm sorry for your struggle. How long have you been trying to TTC? Have you done all of the testing? Hm re: the lack of climaxing from DH. Quite often, that can be a sign of diabetes or a side-effect of a medication - or even just stress-related. Sometimes I feel bad for men, because so much of their self-worth can be tied up to sexual "performance". I'd want to have it out on the table too, but I can understand his reticence. Good luck! 

@Happyin14 - welcome! Why are you starting IVF? Did you do any IUIs or other medicated cycles first, or did you decide after 2 years, might as well bring the big guns?  ;):p
  • @funkykey - thanks for the welcome. We went straight to IVF and skipped the IUI or medicated cycles. I don't seem to have any issue getting pregnant. I've had 6 Mc in the last year... so, felt like IUI would most likely lead to more losses. Going for our strongest embryos!! 

It was both the length of time and my age. Just time to grab these eggs before they get older. IMO. 
  • Hello @funkykey! I agree it's comforting and sucky all at once to see familiar names still floating around here. But as much as it stinks to still be here I'm glad to be back, although this board is pretty quite nowadays. I hope this next few months off are wonderful for you, as much as it stinks to not be trying it is so relaxing (for me anyway) to not be thinking about peeing on things, temping, appts, blood draws, ultrasounds. I truly needed the break. 

@Happyin14 your six MCs were over the course of a year? What an emotional roller coaster for you. I think looking at negative tests is emotional, I can't begin to imagine seeing multiple positives and then going through the losses. You are one tough chick <3
    You mention grabbing your eggs before you get older...that is one thing that has me a little freaked out, by the time we save for IVF I won't be doing a retrieval until I'm 35. There's such a stigma around 35 and it makes me feel like I'll probably have no good eggs left by then (which I know isn't true but it's such a mind game). 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @Happyin14 - I'm so sorry for your losses. That sounds brutal. Will you be testing your embryos?
  • @funkykey thanks for checking in with me :)
    So I had my d&c on Monday. It was meant to be at 8am but they didn't take me in until almost 2pm, so I was a total hangry bitch by then haha
    It all went well, and I've been super lucky in that I've only had the lightest bleeding since Tuesday and some cramping about 2 or 3 times.

So I have my follow up at the hospital this Monday morning, then my RE apt to hopefully get restarted is on the 3rd of October, so just over 2 weeks away. I'm ready to get the ball rolling again and get back to trying :)
    TTC #1 since July 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• @tops-2 - I'm so glad it went well! I hate when they run so late!
  • @SoonToBeMommaHowe - I'm all for it :P I've been missing the weekly checkins lately
    TTC #1 since July 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"