2nd Trimester

Stopping progesterone

Hi ladies I am currently 14 weeks and 1 day and my doctor told me I can stop my progesterone I'm very nervous to do this I've been on 400 mg a day I still have 3 weeks left of it should I wean myself off or should I stop cold turkey has anybody been through this and what are your suggestions nervous mom here. I had 4 misscarriages prior and this is as far as we have got in a pregnancy. 

Re: Stopping progesterone

• muggle621muggle621 member
    edited September 2017
    You should probably ask your doctor what method he/she recommends to help you get off the progesterone. 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• yeah if you read my post it says he told me I could just stop......however my sister stayed on til 20 weeks and sgowed me a bunch of articles where its recommended to stay on till then. I also head of women bleeding from stopping so i was looking for advice from orher women who went through it and how they did it. But thanks for the advice. I dont think i will be posting on here anymore because of people who are rude
  • Loading the player...
  • yeah if you read my post it says he told me I could just stop......however my sister stayed on til 20 weeks and sgowed me a bunch of articles where its recommended to stay on till then. I also head of women bleeding from stopping so i was looking for advice from orher women who went through it and how they did it. But thanks for the advice. I dont think i will be posting on here anymore because of people who are rude
    Excuse me? There was absolutely no reason for you to get at all salty, especially that salty, with @muggle621. She wasn't rude by any stretch of the imagination. This is between you and your doctor. Most of us are not medical professionals and even those who are don't know you and your specific history. No one here has even an inkling of what your chart & tests say. If you don't trust this doctor, get a new one. 

As for the rest, I was prescribed progesterone. If you hadn't been so rude to my friend, I would have shared my story. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • ok. rhanks for your opinion
  • I was prescribed progesterone and followed the instructions my doctor gave me for when and how to stop it because he spent years in school and has been practising for a long time and is more knowledgeable than I (or Dr. Google) is on this topic.
  • omg thats my problem I look on google and fresk out! I wish google didn't exist sometimes
  • I was on progesterone until 15 weeks. The doctor gave me the okay to stop at 12 weeks, but I was nervous as well. Instead of stopping completely I started skipping a day in between doses and then skipping two days and so on from weeks 12-15. I didn't have any bleeding or adverse side effects from tapering down that way. I'm currently 25 weeks and baby is growing right on schedule, and kicking like a pro kickboxer :lol:
  • My doctor told me to stop it at 10 weeks. I was so afraid to go off of it. I had a few days left of my meds so i took them once a day instead of twice until they were gone. But in the end, everything is fine and the doctor knows what hes talking about. Placenta takes over at that point so u dont have to worry. Im now 23 weeks and doing well. Listen to your doc and stop your meds when he tells you to.