September 2017 Moms

Anastasia's birth story

I was induced at 39 weeks by my doctor breaking my water at 810am Thursday August 31st. I had very mild contractions until 11am. Then they hit hard and fast. My nurse checked me at 11:15am 3 cent (that's what I was when I came in). I was having horrible back pain. She gave me fentanyl and it didn't touch the pressure in my back. I asked for an epidural even though I didn't want one. My husband woke up from his nap at 11:45 am and I told him I was getting one. He asked if I was sure. My nurse checked me again and I was 8 cent so I said never mind we don't have time! My doctor was there in five minutes and had me get on my hands and knees at almost 10 after noon. She thought baby was posterior because of my back pain. I had instant relief and Anastasia Elizabeth joined us at 12 13 pm weighing 8lb 6 oz and 21 in long. After an HR and 13 minutes of active labor I had my beautiful little girl in my arms! It was short but seriously intimidating! My doctor is amazing and I love her! I recommend hands and knees all day long! This was my quickest and least eventful labor. No stitches or tearing at all. No retained placenta which was amazing as well. Oh and check out all that hair!!!

Re: Anastasia's birth story