March 2018 Moms

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve?

2»

Re: GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve?

• @vflux33 @HappyMonkey817 You both captured the grammar thing. I generally don't care about it but hearing "ax" vs "ask" doesn't help people in most settings. 

I say this but mobile TB writes in words for me, deletes words or even conjugates them! Is anyone experiencing this bc it's annoying and makes me feel a little self conscious.
  • edited August 2017
    I also can't stand when people talk too loudly or too fast. "Umm", "ehh", "ahhh", "literally", "like". Unnecessary shortening of words ("celeb", "delish", etc.). Vocal fry. The sort of fake lisp thing some people do when they pronounce the "s" sound. Too much makeup. Mean girls. Cologne and perfume. Smoking.

Perhaps I'm easily annoyed. Haha
  • Loading the player...
  • fatstagnationfatstagnation member
    edited August 2017
    My DH in restaurants will pay the check and then sip his beer for a half hour. Like A) we're taking up a table, and B ) nobody else has a drink. If we knew you were going to take so long, the rest of us could have ordered another round. I'm not at all saying he should pace himself with the fastest drinker (usually me, tbh), just that he has no sense of ... community? shared activity? 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @itsmemario or when people leave dishes in the counter NEXT to the sink instead of putting them in the sink. It drives me crazy. 
  • @ShawnnaO that too! These are all common problems at my parent's house, and it doesn't help that their dishwasher is broken and my sister, BIL, and nephew are living with them right now. I get so grossed out when I'm there. 
  • My ILs, especially my FIL will not get ready to leave until everyone is in the car. So if I say, "hey let's go to Target" they will keep playing on their iPads or whatever until after I strap MS in his car seat. 

Also, people who play on the phones or tablets instead of visiting with other people. Did you really fly across the country to play Candy Crush instead of talking to the grandson you never see? 
  • When people don't recognize that it's either too late or too early to be loud AF in a neighborhood. They are building a house next door, it's 6:20 am, and the crew is already there doing sh!t. WTF. Isn't there like a city policy about when they could start?! 

Also, good old Midwest passive aggression is my #1 pet peeve. Get to the point and say what you mean. It doesn't mean you're an asshole, and in fact, you come across as much more human and authentic if you aren't so busy BSing people.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Having to look up a word that I read everywhere, but having to look it up on Urban Dictionary  :|

This goes for words like "shipped" or any word that is shortened yet insanely confusing and stupid. 
  • Yeeees @LiveNLove44 The neighbor behind us started mowing at 6:30 am last Sunday. Dude, what? Go back to bed. 
  • Having to look up a word that I read everywhere, but having to look it up on Urban Dictionary  :|

This goes for words like "shipped" or any word that is shortened yet insanely confusing and stupid. 
    @barrelocarol I just had to look up "shipped" on Urban Dictionary.  I hadn't heard that term before.  But, I agree, it's stupid. :neutral:
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I also looked up "shipped", and this is what I say to that: 
  • @ladybugsamom @HappyMonkey817 I couldn't make out the term through context. I kept reading it in GOT articles - "I shipped Jonerys" and I am annoyed at words that are weird. 
  • @barrelocarol that's a wierd one. A teacher friend of mine told me "nut" is what the kids say to mean ejaculate. wut?
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Yeah, "bust a nut." I think it sounds absolutely disgusting. @fatstagnation
  • It sounds like those millenials are y'alls pet peeves  ;)@fatstagnation @barrelocarol @HappyMonkey817 @chasingroygbiv
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cford08 You might be right!

"That moment when" irks me. 
  • *is a millennial* sorry y'all  :D
  • I have a lot of big ones, but one that's super petty, is when someone posts one of those pills on fb, and instead of answering the question with one of the answers provided, they decide to add in their own answers. Like dude you could have just used one of the answers alreXy provided. Lol. I have NO idea why it always irks me so bad lol. Every time I make a poll, I make it to where no one can add options to it lol