RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: FFFC | 9.1

• Loading the player...
  • @eggplantface  Don't back down!  I also giggled when I read the part about him being an internet warrior and living at home...  

My FIL and MIL say a lot of racist/hateful things.  I rarely spend time with them anymore (they live RIGHT next door basically)--and DH knows that if his parents say anything--we leave. I feel like people weren't as comfortable voicing their racist thoughts a few years ago--and now people are almost proud of how close-minded they are.  That's my opinion, of course.    
  • It is the first weekend for college football, and instead of being able to go to the first game, we have to go to a wedding.  We have season tickets, and the wedding is in the same town as the game.  I want to blow off the wedding and go, but it's DH's cousin's wedding and all of the rest of his family will be there.  
  • @magnolia305 me to.  Dh calls The bump my pregnant facebook. 

Fffc: i am super annoyed at my sil parenting style.  She sends the baby away so she can have kid free for weekends and vacations.  She drops the baby off at grandma's to go to dinner and the grocery store.  This weekend the baby is at the grandparents so she can go apple picking. The baby is 8 months old.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 

Fffc: i am super annoyed at my sil parenting style.  She sends the baby away so she can have kid free for weekends and vacations.  She drops the baby off at grandma's to go to dinner and the grocery store.  This weekend the baby is at the grandparents so she can go apple picking. The baby is 8 months old.  
    I know a few people who parent this way. I definitely don't get because that's totally not my style. I try to bring my DD with me as much as I can. Even though it makes it a little harder on me, more responsibility less relaxation. I really want my daughter to be flexible and adaptable, and also have plenty of life experiences. Apple picking seems like a great activity to take a baby on!
  • @ash0625 I had two sips of wine at a dinner party bc it was paired with the food. Don't worry about it :)
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• I don't understand when people put ages with decimal points. It really confuses me. Like, is this mathematical or years and months? They will go from one way to the other in the same post. There was one posted in a mom's Facebook group that said, "My daughter is 2.5 but can't start preschool until 2.9..." Is your daughter 2 1/2 or 2 years 5 months? Also, you never see 2.11, so is it mathematical and nothing to do with months? I get so confused by all this. 
  • @lainikins Haha yes!!! I get so confused by that too. I also can't go by months after 1 year except 18mo. Since that's a clothes size. After 1 he is 1, 1.5, then 2. And so on until like 10 and then the .5 even has to go. Don't make me do math in conversation, I will stare at you silently figuring out 41 months in my head while you continue to talk and I don't hear a word. I hardly remember how old I am in years sometimes.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • @MrsJ2410 LOL @ mantightened. 
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• yellow711yellow711 member
    edited September 2017
    FFFC - I think instead of the weekly "random" thread, there should be a daily "random" thread. 

ETA: when I see how long the weekly thread is, I may not to view it since it is hard to catch up/keep up.

we have a daily thread for my j13 BMB and it is great. 

• FFFC: I really can't stand when people refer to their kid as prince or princess. Like I get pet names. My baby is my baby but he's not my prince. That's just so weird to me. And it's ok when a dad calls his daughter his princess, still a little weird after age 10 but when a mom says it I can't help but think you're going to raise a little brat. Which I know isn't the case. It's just what my brain jumps too. Yeah I always judge a little on the inside for that. 

Along that same note I hate when couples refer to their partner as their king or queen. Like my H isn't my king, that's weird. 
    This drives me BANANAS! we always correct anyone who refers to my DD as princess, and dad or not, girls are not princesses. They are ass kicking, confident women in the making. Whenever I think princess I think of peach from
    mario and I can't. I feel like it sets kids up for a sense of entitlement. So maybe that's my FFFC.

and ew my husband is not my king/prince, I don't worship him as my keeper (implying if he's MY king I must be below him). 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• @SunflowerMama428 years ago I taught a set of twins...their real life birth certificate names were Princess and Precious. I can't make this ish up. And their older brother was Parrish.  :s
  • @smorzandoj oh please don't get me started on names. I can't deal. Lol these are kids, not dogs! 
  • @mamaof5already agreed! I also hate when those same people lament of how HARD it was to leave their baby. No one forced you. Hey, I would have loved even 12 hours away in the last year and a half + but my kid is only just starting to now be at the stage where I can even CONSIDER a night away (horrible sleeper who won't go back to sleep for anyone but me, only just now weaning/taking milk for the first time despite numerous attempts), but please continue to tell me how difficult this was for you, but keep on doing it anyways. I have one friend in particular that talked about an upcoming trip as if she was so incredibly overdue and I just blinked and stared at her like "did you forget who you're talking to? This is your third time away and I still haven't slept an entire night..." when I eventually said instead "I'm jealous. I would love even a night away!" Of course she said "oh but it is so HARD to leave him!" All the stabby eyes.

@MrsJ2410 lol to the mantightening and mansplaining! It's already been decided that in our new house all furniture will be built by my dad and I together since my husband and I almost always get into world war 3 when he decides I have no idea what I'm doing (he's wrong).
  • SarahFoley725SarahFoley725 member
    edited September 2017
    @yellow711 If you want to talk about overwhelming, March 16 had ONE random board. Ever. In total. ONE 

ETA reference photo 
  • @SarahFoley725 you're mar16? Me too. Were/are you on the fb group?
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI

• @MrsJ2410 I'm the same way to.  Mainly i think because i read the directions instead of just guessing how something goes together,  but of course dh (or my 16 year old son) always have to check and make sure it's right enough afterwards. 

@the_other_mother  what baby wouldn't love some picking! Today with my fil she went to a soccer game,  for a walk,  shopping, and flower picking. She seemed really happy.  Apparently they keep her in a darkened house,  or at the baby sitters and she gets like 0 stimulation.  It irks me so much.  I get some people have to leave their kids and babies to go to work,  but then after that? Be with your kid! And babies are so easy to take with you,  put them in a car seat,  a stroller or a carrier and take then wherever!

@smorzandoj  i wonder how those kids are doing in life with those names?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Aeml1985 said:
    @SarahFoley725 you're mar16? Me too. Were/are you on the fb group?
    Not the original one. I'm in a smaller one that got made later on. @BrittaniLC is too!
  • Mar16 ftw!!!

I too have had a few drinks of beer this past week. I made a beer butt chicken and totally had a big fat gulp (or 3) of the extra beer. Boy that was tasty!
  • Aeml1985 said:
    Not the original one. I'm in a smaller one that got made later on. @BrittaniLC is too!
    I wonder if the original is still going. I left shortly after DD was born, too cliquey and I felt like if you went against popular opinion you were on the outs 

• @yellow711 If you want to talk about overwhelming, March 16 had ONE random board. Ever. In total. ONE 

ETA reference photo 
    Dang!!!!
  • Confession: I hate the ten managing and roll my eyes at anyone who uses it. I did semi enjoy mantightening though haha, that was cute

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Aeml1985 said:
    Aeml1985 said:
    I wonder if the original is still going. I left shortly after DD was born, too cliquey and I felt like if you went against popular opinion you were on the outs 
    I don't know. I think we have a couple in ours that were in both. I didn't want to join early because I didn't feel like I "knew" anyone. By the time we started our group we were all more familiar with each other which was nice. 
  • @mamaof5already I took mine pumpkin picking when she was 2 months. I wore her in the ktan and she slept almost the whole time, even through a corn maze. I can't wait to take her again this year. She will probably enjoy the hayride a little more. 
  • yellow711 said:
    @yellow711 If you want to talk about overwhelming, March 16 had ONE random board. Ever. In total. ONE 

ETA reference photo 
    Dang!!!!
    No just no...... why didn't someone start a new thread?

Does she stay home full time? Because if she does, I totally can relate to needing a break and letting the baby have some family time. 
  • @mamaof5already I took mine pumpkin picking when she was 2 months. I wore her in the ktan and she slept almost the whole time, even through a corn maze. I can't wait to take her again this year. She will probably enjoy the hayride a little more. 
    I was looking up pumpkin patches yesterday! I seriously can't wait to take DD to one this year!

Does she stay home full time? Because if she does, I totally can relate to needing a break and letting the baby have some family time. 

Stuck in a box: Nope,  she works 24-32 hours a week, but baby goes m,t,th -10 hour days to a baby sitter,  Wednesday to grandma, and my in laws go up on Fridays to watch her.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Stuck in a box: Nope,  she works 24-32 hours a week, but baby goes m,t,th -10 hour days to a baby sitter,  Wednesday to grandma, and my in laws go up on Fridays to watch her.
    hmm, well then I guess personally I would miss my baby if that were me. To each their own I suppose. 
  • @meatballs37 I love that haha

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• FFFC: I drove halfway down my neighborhood road before I realized I forgot to shut the sliding door to the van. My one year old had the time of her life for those 90 seconds. 
    Definitely just Lol'd after reading this one! Thanks for the laugh!
  • @hms1219 who is your team?
    Mizzou!
  • I know it's Sunday but we're at a bbq & DH bought the Angry Orchard hard cidar that I've been wanting & I had a couple of sips. It tasted sooo good!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018