January 2018 Moms
Options

Friday Ticker Change 9/1

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling?

3) Have you felt baby move yet?

4) Any appointments this week/last?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: What do you miss most that you can't do while pregnant?

Re: Friday Ticker Change 9/1

• Options
    aisy-daisyaisy-daisy member
    edited September 2017
    21 weeks, big as an endive? I'm not very familiar with endives

I typed out out a huge long post and only THAT bit saved. I give up!!
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 19 weeks, size of a mango!

2) How are you feeling? Starting to feel the stretching and growing in my stomach. Tired a lot, but invested in a snoogle and loving it so far!

3) Have you felt baby move yet? Maybe some small flutters? Found out at my AS that I have an anterior placenta so that might be why 

4) Any appointments this week/last? AS and quad screen last Friday! Found out Tuesday all results came back normal from quad screen 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? After a busy summer at work, 5 days off in a row! So excited to have a littlebstaycarion with DH as we've been so busy the past couple months 

6) GTKY: What do you miss most that you can't do while pregnant? A glass of wine with the girls. I miss the more social aspect of a couple cocktails

@aisy-daisy sorry the bump ate your post

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 21w, baseball hat

2) How are you feeling? So great, besides the heartburn now and then!

3) Have you felt baby move yet? He's a mover and shaker! Pretty sure I may have felt hiccups too yesterday.

4) Any appointments this week/last? Just got back from our a/s, and I see my OB on Wednesday next week.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? I am beyond excited for a boy! Now to start thinking circumcision, kids room decorating ideas, baby clothes, names...

6) GTKY: What do you miss most that you can't do while pregnant? wine and hot, hot baths.

• Options
    21 weeks, size of an endive.

2) How are you feeling?

Pretty good! Hip and back pain but I think it's from the mattress we're sleeping on this week while on vacation.

Yep. Mostly at night and before I get out of bed in the mornings.

A/S this coming week.

Nope.

Poached eggs, cold deli meats, hot tubs, and jalapeño margaritas.

• Options
    @gusgus14 jalapeño margaritas? I'm intrigued, please elaborate!
  • Options
    20 weeks - a banana

2) How are you feeling?
    pretty decent, super achy back. and sleep has been a bit rough lately

yes!! and so has my DH and DS :)

Had our 20w ultrasound this past Tuesday and found out we're having a GIRL!!

Rant: Why the heck is it soo hard to come up with a name for a girl? I don't remember it being this hard for my DS but whew this time I'm getting a headache trying to find a name. Also my DH isn't very helpful in the whole situation so that's that. Question: Can it be Thanksgiving yet? I WANT ALL THE FOOD

I haven't ran into anything that I can't do yet. 

• Options
    @reneelanderson I have trouble with girls names too! What's your style?
  • Options
    @aisy-daisy how annoying!
    @gusgus14 oooh jalapeño margaritas? I want!

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 22 weeks - the size of a coconut!

2) How are you feeling? Pretty good! Just the normal aches and pains having a coconut sized baby growing inside you.

3) Have you felt baby move yet? Yes! I feel him moving all the time now. I can't wait until those movements are big enough DH can feel them. 

4) Any appointments this week/last? Just a follow up from the a/s this past Tuesday. It went well. 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? So I got a notice I need to start making monthly payments for my labor & delivery in advance - first payment due today. No indication on how to pay. I waited around for an invoice, got nothing. I double checked my online account this morning to validate no invoices were sent and  to search for how to pay - nothing. Of course, I got caught up at work, and forgot to call the billing department until around 4pm... and they are closed... I will admit it is my fault for not following up sooner... but I kept holding out hoping they'd send me an invoice or something... sigh, oh well... guess I'm dealing with it Tuesday morning.

6) GTKY: What do you miss most that you can't do while pregnant? Definitely having a glass of wine, or even a drink with friends. 

• Options
    @darkrose88 that seems off to me.. whenever I've gotten a medical bill there's always been some instructions on how to take care of payment. Let us know what happens!
  • Options
    @schaze I don't even know!! Lol my DS name is Sawyer. I love that it's not a super common name where I live. Only a handful of kids named that and don't know any grown men with the name. So I'm kinda wanting to shoot for that again. But with girl names it seems soo much harder :(
    How bout you?
  • Options
    I love Sawyer. I know 2 little boys with that name and it's so cute! We're having a boy this time, but with DD we were all over the board. DH likes more trendy names (Annalise, Isabel) and I'm more classic (Claire, Elise) so we had a hard time agreeing. We had one girl name picked out this time that we actually loved so I'm a little bummed we can't use it, but I loved all our boy names!

Do you have any names at all that you like for a girl? 
  • Options
    19 weeks with a mango

2) How are you feeling?

Tired at the moment, DH got up at 3am to go dove hunting and I never fell back asleep. I work at noon today and I'm sure right aboht then I'll be ready for a nap :neutral:

A small kick here and there but nothing major yet 

My a/s was this last week. They said everything looked normal but I think I bummed out the tech when I told him I already knew what I was having

Just my never ending annoyance with my in-laws. I swear I used to like these people.

Hands down cold lunch meat. I LOVE subs and ham/turkey and cheese sandwiches soooo much. Those little Budding meat packs? I'd eat one as a snack just because. 

• Options
    @schaze I sadly only discovered them right before I got pregnant so I only had one but I think it might be my favorite cocktail. I ordered it at some restaurant we went to during a group mountain weekend. It's a margarita made with tequila that's been infused with jalapeños. My husband has started making his own jalapeno tequila so I'm hoping he has his technique perfected by the time I can have one again!
  • Options
    @schaze you and me both! They are a bigger practice and part of a large network of doctors. I've always gotten letters from them with instructions on how to pay. The only letter I received on my payment plan was when it was due and how much to pay (along with a detailed explanation of why it was that amount). Which is why I assumed more details were to follow. I'm defintely going to voice a complainant to them when I call Tuesday and I'll keep you all posted!
  • Options
    @schaze Totally zombing this thread to give an update - but oh well. I called the office today, and the billing department was so non-nonchalant about the whole thing. Usually, ladies either pay when they go in for their monthly visits or call the billing department to make a prepayment... they don't send out invoices or further instructions... which seems totally bizarre/confusing to me - and I pretty much said as much (in a nice way) over the phone. Oh well, all paid and done now. 
  • Options
    @darkrose88 did you have to pay any late fees or anything? They could've at least let you know what people normally do when you got the letter...
  • Options
    @schaze Nope no late fees. According to the lady, I could have waited to pay until my next appt at the end of September... meaning as long as I paid sometime in Sept they were fine... so the payment date meant nothing.

I totally agree they should have told me when I got the letter the normal procedure for paying... I'm super on top of finances, so the whole thing was stressing me out for zero reason. 
  • Options
    @darkrose88 - that's obnoxious! My practice has us make our pre-payments when we show up for appointments but they made that clear up front before the first one was "due."